A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:24:21 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You might be a liberal if...  (Read 7796 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 07:29:53 am »

I like the idea of each of us listing our campaign agins and fers...

I am against...
The DH in baseball
Mean people
Styrofoam
McMansions
Rice cakes
Columbus Day
Illegal signs
Battery-powered toys
Under-cooked chicken
Shoes

I am for...
World Peace
Sausage biscuits
The internet
Hippy chicks
Top soil
Solar system
Green Bay Packers
Trees
Washable markers
Meerkats

Power is nothing till you use it.
jamesrage
Philanthropist

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2007, 10:31:29 am »

quote:
Originally posted by rwarn17588

God, that list is hilarious. Just when you think james can't become more of a self-parody, he ups the ante.

Against: "immigrants running for president." Are there any? Last I checked, all of the folks running for president are American-born, as required by the Constitution.

Against: "off-shore tax havens." You'll p*ss off a lot of rich Republicans. [Tongue]

Against: "granting citizenship to children of illegals who are born here." I guess ol' james is against the explicit text of the 14th Amendment that grants citizenship to kids born on American soil.

Against: "race-based congressional caucuses." I guess ol' james doesn't care about the Constitutional right to freedom of association.

For: "nationwide AMBER alert system for missing kids." Well, duh. I don't know ANYONE against a system that tries to find kidnapped children. Do you?

For: "legal immigration." Again, I don't know ANYONE who's against legal immigration. Do you?

For: "english only." Of course, james is one of many who scream "English only!" who are not well-versed in the language they claim to be defending. Bone up on your capitalization, spelling and punctuation, james, and you might be in a better position to make your arguments. But I'm not holding my breath this will occur.

Thanks, james. You're always good for a laugh.

[}:)]

I am sure as a parody of a liberal dude who pretends to be a moderate you must have a list of reason why you are voting for the candidate you are voting for.

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those
rwarn17588
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2007, 11:23:07 am »

Yes, I do have sort of a list, james.

Unlike yours, my items on the list actually make some sort of logical sense.

And as a registered independent voter, I'm many months from having to make a decision.

And I've noticed you used the same insult twice. Is that the only weapon in your battle-of-wits arsenal?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2007, 10:52:46 am »

quote:

And as a registered independent voter, I'm many months from having to make a decision.

I'll go ahead and setup your choices:
Rico
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2007, 07:41:40 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:

I'll take door number three.
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2007, 08:31:52 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Rico

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:

I'll take door number three.

Door #3 sounds good to me.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org