A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 10:03:59 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $17 dollar con artist  (Read 11991 times)
MichaelBates
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 08:49:43 pm »

I haven't seen the $17 guy yet, but that darned Loch Ness Monster keeps coming to my house and asking for $3.50.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 04:52:59 am »

quote:
Originally posted by MichaelBates

I haven't seen the $17 guy yet, but that darned Loch Ness Monster keeps coming to my house and asking for $3.50.

Classic
mspivey
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 10:45:34 am »

Hey, at least the guy is a self starter and a hard worker. Not a lazy bum like the panhandlers on the corner. Maybe the $17 is so that if he gets caught, they can only charge him with a misdemeanor. Wonder what he would say if someone asked him for his drivers license?

Back after Katrina/Rita, I was in Ft Worth when all the people from Houston had evacuated. As I was filling up a guy came up and asked for money. Said he had gas but his debit card wasn't working and he couldn't get anything to eat. Had his wife and little girl in the car. I asked to see his driver's license and verified he was from Houston. I gave him $25.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 12:27:31 pm »

I hope he comes to my house!  I'll take his cash and write a him (or AAA) a check from one of my old closed accounts.

I could use the spending money!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org