A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:40:00 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Oh you mad cause I'm stylin on you"  (Read 2864 times)
Im calling you out
« on: October 02, 2007, 11:02:24 pm »

What does the phrase mean and why is it so popular on the net? How could a politician use this phrase in a debate?
Rico
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 07:04:52 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Im calling you out

What does the phrase mean and why is it so popular on the net? How could a politician use this phrase in a debate?

Actually the phrase goes back longer than the internet's existence as we know it............

I believe it was first used by a Mister James Brown when Mister Al Sharpton was his tour Manager....

You see.... Mister Brown... as he usually did back then... changed clothes in between each set of his performance...(Due to perspiration)

One evening while playing at the Apollo Theater in New York.... He accidently put on a pair of Mister Sharpton's shoes.........

Mister Brown wound up taking home the most lovely young lady in the front row.... due in no small part to his new found "kicks"..
Mister Sharpton was furious as he had been enamoured with the young lady for most of the evening.

When he confronted Mister Brown regarding his dis pleasure.....

James responded with"Oh you mad cause I'm stylin on you"....

As to how it may be used in a Political setting I believe that has already been done..

Mister Sharpton has quipped at many a Political foe..... Last of which was Pres. Candidate Giuliani.....

"Oh you mad cause I'm stylin on you"

So..... There you have it...

It is amazing that it has remained popular over this many years....

Although I am sure the meaning has changed.

Rico
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 08:30:25 pm »

I see that almost 100 people have read this so far........

If I was able to fool anyone with the bogus explanation I made up... I may well have a future in the Political Arena..
The truth is... I have never heard anyone use the phrase.

[}:)]
Im calling you out
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 03:09:36 pm »

Thanks for having a great since of humor.  With all that is going wrong and the daily issues that tempt us to become easily offended, it is good to know that we can still be silly from time to time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org