A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:01:52 am
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Police misconduct 2  (Read 212153 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #210 on: October 28, 2014, 08:21:44 am »

Love this....!!

http://cheezburger.com/8281107200

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #211 on: November 09, 2014, 05:56:24 pm »

When you DONT consent to a fishing expedition search of your car:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XExqABO4kc[/youtube]

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2014/11/new-york-deputy-slaps-citizen-allowing-search-car/
Sgt. Shawn R. Glans, 48, a police officer for 27 years, was suspended without pay pending an internal investigation.
An Albany criminal defense attorney said incidents in which police claim they had permission to search a person's vehicle, but didn't, are common.
"In my experience, most vehicle searches are conducted in complete disregard for the Fourth Amendment," Kindlon said. "Every few years one out of a zillion of these bad searches is captured on video. Then the powers-that-be declare themselves to be 'shocked.' "

Red Flags: In 1999, the town of Wilton paid $6 million to settle a lawsuit filed by the family of a 45-year-old man left paralyzed when Glans, driving three times the speed limit, lost control of his patrol car and smashed head-on into another vehicle.

A peek into a sick mind:  “If I had to do it all over again … I’d probably do the same thing. If I knew the camera was there, no, because it does look bad.”

...And why did it "look bad"?

TeeDub
« Reply #212 on: November 11, 2014, 02:51:51 pm »

When you DONT consent to a fishing expedition search of your car:

The law works if you have a camera.   2 days later he is fired and arrested.
http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2014/11/saratoga-deputy-arrested-slapping-citizen-video/
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #213 on: November 11, 2014, 04:27:18 pm »

The law works if you have a camera.   2 days later he is fired and arrested.
http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2014/11/saratoga-deputy-arrested-slapping-citizen-video/

What do you wanna bet he will get a "slap" on the wrist....?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #214 on: November 11, 2014, 07:41:30 pm »

The law works if you have a camera.   2 days later he is fired and arrested.

Not even if you have a camera.

The POS deputy was allowed to resign, and instead of facing battery or civil rights violations charges, was ticketed for second-degree harassment.
He was also arraigned on a misdemeanor charge of misconduct, which is expected to be dropped when they re-hire him next month.
Uh-huh, its broken.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #215 on: November 12, 2014, 08:56:51 am »

The same exact slap given to the officer by the young man. Would have gotten him thrown to the ground, roughed up, arrested and charged with assault on a officer which is a felony.
But a clearly out of control angry police officer gets off with a misdemeanor. And will be employed again in some sort of capacity as a person who is supposed to uphold the very law he just violated.

The county already had to pay out millions for his reckless accident he caused in his squad car back in the 90s.
He showed how arrogant he is by stating he would do it again but differently if he knew he was being recorded. They all feel that way. He just has the balls or ignorance to say it

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
TeeDub
« Reply #216 on: November 13, 2014, 08:42:39 am »

He is gone (and essentially blacklisted) and now the kids will make some money off the deal.   Win-win.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #217 on: November 13, 2014, 09:09:52 am »

He is gone (and essentially blacklisted) and now the kids will make some money off the deal.   Win-win.

Two years max.  He will be back - perhaps a different agency - that is the kind of personality they look for way too often.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #218 on: November 13, 2014, 11:28:31 am »

Two years max.  He will be back - perhaps a different agency - that is the kind of personality they look for way too often.

He's still an active PO in neighboring South Glens Falls, and before that, Saranac Lake police force.  Moves a lot.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 01:24:59 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
TeeDub
« Reply #219 on: November 15, 2014, 11:02:57 am »

He's still an active PO in neighboring South Glens Falls, and before that, Saranac Lake police force.  Moves a lot.

He was a Sarasota deputy sheriff in 1996 and was still one until a week or two ago?    I would call that longevity, not "moving a lot."
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #220 on: November 16, 2014, 05:23:27 pm »

The same exact slap given to the officer by the young man. Would have gotten him thrown to the ground, roughed up, arrested and charged with assault on a officer which is a felony.
But a clearly out of control angry police officer gets off with a misdemeanor. And will be employed again in some sort of capacity as a person who is supposed to uphold the very law he just violated.

The county already had to pay out millions for his reckless accident he caused in his squad car back in the 90s.
He showed how arrogant he is by stating he would do it again but differently if he knew he was being recorded.  They all feel that way. He just has the balls or ignorance to say it

After leaving the taxpayers with a $6 Million tab for paralyzing an innocent man, they might just call this incident "Tuesday."

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #221 on: November 29, 2014, 08:18:59 pm »

Saying the FBI has "cleared" them, Hammond's mayor has returned two police officers to regular duty two months after they were accused of using excessive force during a traffic stop, smashing a window and using a Taser on a passenger.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-hammond-traffic-stop-taser-20141125-story.html

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #222 on: November 30, 2014, 12:05:29 am »

Saying the FBI has "cleared" them, Hammond's mayor has returned two police officers to regular duty two months after they were accused of using excessive force during a traffic stop, smashing a window and using a Taser on a passenger.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-hammond-traffic-stop-taser-20141125-story.html

Police brutality in Gary and Hammond are frequently well-deserved.  Ever been there?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #223 on: December 02, 2014, 03:57:12 pm »

Officer tells black man that walking with his hands in his pockets was "making people nervous"

A white police officer stopped a black Michigan man on Thanksgiving just for walking with his hands in his pockets, according to a video posted on Brandon McKean’s Facebook page on Nov. 27.

The Pontiac, Michigan police officer detained Brandon McKean for “making people nervous,” after he was seen “walking by with your hands in your pockets.” McKean can be heard saying that his hands were in his pockets because it was snowing outside.

“There’s 10,000 people in Pontiac right now with their hands in their pockets,” McKean told the officer.

“You’re, right, but we do have a lot of robberies,” the officer told McKean, “So I’m just checking on you.” The officer can also be seen simultaneously recording the encounter on his phone.

“Just got stopped Walking BECAUSE MY HANDS WERE IN MY POCKETS... POLICE STATE,” wrote McKean when he posted the video on Facebook.

https://time.com/3611812/pontiac-police-michigan-stop-man-hands-pockets-cold/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_wLTmnKP5I[/youtube]

Probably been a lot of shootings, too, but you only see one guy walking around with a gun...
TeeDub
« Reply #224 on: December 04, 2014, 08:03:33 pm »

Cop handled that one perfectly.   Never got belligerent or abusive.   When someone calls 911 it is their job to respond and he handled it with professionalism.   

Nice to see a good one.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org