A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:40:37 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Five Years Later, BOK Center Is Still A Hit  (Read 16809 times)
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2014, 07:52:46 am »

I recall that the blame for the staining was placed on the use of the wrong appoxy in the joints between the panels and that it was supposed to be changed out at some point.  It's been a while, so that is relying on a foggy memory.
Actually, I believe the majority of the staining is primarily caused by the silicon used in the window glazing weeping. 

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2014, 08:32:00 am »

Actually, I believe the majority of the staining is primarily caused by the silicon used in the window glazing weeping. 

I also know that some engineers also said another reason for the streaking/staining was due to dust that would build up in the joints and run as it rained.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2014, 09:40:38 am »

More likely bi-metalic galvanic corrosion.  The contact between two seporate metals (i.e. stainless and aluminum).  In the presence of an electrolyte created by rainwater, and city air, the window frames and steel skin exchange ions over the calk and in direct contact with each other. Concentrated aluminum oxide (and other oxide) residue dripping down.  Can also take place at welds where differing metals are joined.

Normal.  Nothing you can do about it. Arch has it too.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2014, 03:33:14 pm »

More likely bi-metalic galvanic corrosion.  The contact between two seporate metals (i.e. stainless and aluminum).  In the presence of an electrolyte created by rainwater, and city air, the window frames and steel skin exchange ions over the calk and in direct contact with each other. Concentrated aluminum oxide (and other oxide) residue dripping down.  Can also take place at welds where differing metals are joined.

Normal.  Nothing you can do about it. Arch has it too.

Actually there is, dielectric unions but that’s a discussion for another day.  At least that’s what you do in piping and plumbing to prevent it.  May be different with structural materials.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org