A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:16:15 am
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote Yes Commercials  (Read 32360 times)
Tiny
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2007, 10:26:50 pm »

that rebate deal is a joke, $25 per household or something like that. a family might eat at the sonic one night a year on that. that is, if they don't include gas money to get there.
chesty
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2007, 07:17:43 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Vision 2025

There is both a senior rebate and a rebate for working income familys (married with a gross income up to I believe $50,000 per year).

Yeah, a $25 rebate that must be filed for EACH YEAR starting in 2009, and within a certain time period.  Read the fine print people.  It's on the ballot.  My Opinion.....The proponents are trying to buy the votes of seniors with a bribe of $25.  They are making it sound like a 100% rebate.  But in reality it's not.  And you have to jump through hoops and red tape to get.

Trying to bribe seniors and low income people for their vote.  Someone should be ashamed of themselves.  The average family is estimated to to spend $100 more in sales tax because of this tax.  Make it a real rebate and offer that amount.  That would be an honest rebate and would eliminate my arguments.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2007, 07:48:07 am »

No the average family is not expected to pay about $100 on this.

$25 is a rebate on $6,250 in taxable spending, o about $500 a month in taxable spending.

This is a real amount, a “poor” family does not spend four times that amount on taxable goods in a year, that would be $25,000 a year in taxable spending, well over $2,000 per month, that’s a big amount and far from “poor”.

Seriously, $25 for the YEAR is about right, the tax is THAT small.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2007, 08:45:19 am »

quote:
Originally posted by swake

$25 is a rebate on $6,250 in taxable spending, or about $500 a month in taxable spending.

This is a real amount, a “poor” family does not spend four times that amount on taxable goods in a year, that would be $25,000 a year in taxable spending, well over $2,000 per month, that’s a big amount and far from “poor”.

Actually Swake, I believe the threshold they were using for low-income was $50K per household and less.  Take out 25% for payroll deductions, another $1000 per month for housing and you come up with $25K NDI.

A family of four has greater needs than $500 per month in clothing food, and other necessities.

Point is, very few will take the time to fill out the rebate form and the yes people know and are counting on this.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
HazMatCFO
Civic Leader

« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2007, 07:53:07 pm »

Anytime a "cause" uses children as the hook, I get a bit suspicious.
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2007, 05:50:40 am »

quote:
Originally posted by HazMatCFO

Anytime a "cause" uses children as the hook, I get a bit suspicious.

The children in the commercials are being used.

Contact DHS with a referral of child abuse.

It's a sneaky emotional ploy, developed by the degenerates at Snakey, Turncoat and Flake.

They love little children sooooooo much..........

USRufnex
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2007, 06:50:02 pm »

I noticed the last commericial I saw actually had a little black kid at the end... did the vote-yes people just hire Token from Southpark???

Rico
« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2007, 06:59:06 pm »

I thought they should have one that was broadcast in Spanish.....with subtitles

They are about as likely to vote for this as the African Americans...

[}:)]
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2007, 08:38:33 pm »

They really need to show what they want us to be voting for. People are like, little kids, say yes to the river, and then think... I am not paying for some stupid islands.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Rico
« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2007, 08:52:20 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

They really need to show what they want us to be voting for. People are like, little kids, say yes to the river, and then think... I am not paying for some stupid islands.

If they did that.. it could be construed as a promise (The money is going to be spent on this).........

The ballot is so vague that they could spend the money on anything having to do with the river and it would be all right...

I'm fairly certain that those that are a part of the inner circle know full well what the (have to build...) list looks like. They are playing this very close to the vest.... as supported by the "Ballot".
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2007, 09:17:40 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

quote:

$25 is a rebate on $6,250 in taxable spending, or about $500 a month in taxable spending.

Actually Swake, I believe the threshold they were using for low-income was $50K per household and less.  Take out 25% for payroll deductions, another $1000 per month for housing and you come up with $25K NDI.

A family of four has greater needs than $500 per month in clothing food, and other necessities.

Point is, very few will take the time to fill out the rebate form and the yes people know and are counting on this.

Certainly, but services are not taxed through sales tax, nor are car payments, day care, utilities, or most family expenses.

Family of 4
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2007, 09:06:14 am »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

quote:

Certainly, but services are not taxed through sales tax, nor are car payments, day care, utilities, or most family expenses.

Family of 4

Swake:  Check your electric, gas, and cable TV bill.

You do pay sales taxes.  Sometimes these local sales taxes are called a city "franchise fee", and sometimes they are in addition to the sales tax.

For instance, your AEP Electric Bill shows you pay:

2% City Franchise Fee
3% City Tax
1.07% County Tax

You now even have the recent privilege of paying an additional 1.07% to the County on utility bills, thanks to the wonderful county commissioners lobbying the state legislature so that they too could charge sales tax on something for DOING NOTHING.

Tony
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2007, 09:24:33 am »

Next thing the PRO ponents will do is Hire Michael Jackson and two thousand kids to Sing "WE are the River"
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2007, 09:41:28 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Tony

Next thing the PRO ponents will do is Hire Michael Jackson and two thousand kids to Sing "WE are the River"

Sounds EXACTLY like something that the degenerates at Snakey, Turncoat & Flake would promote.

Did you hear that they are now handling the PR for NAMBLA, too?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2007, 12:19:53 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

And so far they either have not been able to properly communicate it or are reluctant to do so.  

They need a better PR firm handling this.  There are also too many gov't/bureaucrat  proponents behind this who are not overly popular with the electorate.  John Piercy really creeped a lot of people out the other night.  I've heard the term "used car salesman" and "televangelist" thrown around.

We already have issues with the lack of transparency in government and a lot of people I've talked to say this is a classic example of doing nothing to try and regain the trust of the voter.

Or it could be as I wrote on anther thread, that perhaps they are having a hard time defending this plan in public because they don't have enough details to make it defendable as of yet.  I'm amazed at how little debate has happened to this point.  I couldn't find anything about yesterday's TCC debate in the World this morning.  Must not have been anything the World wanted us to hear.

It's a shame because there really might be some realistic details which could make this happen.

One on-going thing which is offending me is hinting that if we don't take this now, they will never give us the river of our dreams.  

Balderdash!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org