A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:23:31 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QT ZONING  (Read 3128 times)
aoxamaxoa
« on: August 02, 2007, 09:33:50 am »

WOW! 5 feet of residential! Try building a home with our setback requirements. All you need is to be Charles Norman and QT in this town to get something unorthodox done. This will set an ugly precident all over Brookside and this entire community.

Then turn the Whirled page to the Wheeler boyz editorial. What a joke. They do not even live here. They live in Dalass. They would not live here if we paid them too.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 09:52:49 am »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=070802_1_A9_hQuik68627

The land is currently zoned for commercial parking lots, it is being rezoned to include a lot buffer of 5 feet.  Basically mandating QT give up 5 feet of its lot for green space.  Add to that the mandatory easement and there will be at least a small buffer there.

Certainly it is better than leaving things as they were, or better than having a decaying building across the street, or an empty lot.

What would you propose?  If the neighbors wanted to ensure that the property was a park, or zoned residential... they were free to buy it and do with it what they pleased.  As it was, the commercial property was purchased by a commercial entity that wants to use it for commercial purposes.  What a shock.  Don't like commercial properties?  Don't move next to one.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 09:53:12 am »

I was a bit confused by something like 4 different zone in 20 feet. The only thing I could guess is that QT will not be allowed to put entrances to the gas station along that area since it is residential and may just be green space now.

Or a garage for Tay's bike.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 10:37:13 am »

Something like the QT on Denver and 15th.  A tree line along the back to attempt to seperate the residential and no entry from the oneway behind the store.

It's not alot but it helps.
aoxamaxoa
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 11:18:15 am »

If I lived behind it I would be glad to see the Camelot go in return for gasoline odor, the creeps hanging out there, the noise, and the lights.

Of course, I44 already does all that.....
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 11:36:58 am »

quote:
Originally posted by aoxamaxoa

If I lived behind it I would be glad to see the Camelot go in return for gasoline odor, the creeps hanging out there, the noise, and the lights.

Of course, I44 already does all that.....

Again, free to purchase the land to do with what you please.  The lot was commercial when those houses were built, so whining about commercial development on a commercial lot doesn't garner a ton of sympathy.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 11:28:43 pm »

quote:

WOW! 5 feet of residential! Try building a home with our setback requirements. All you need is to be Charles Norman and QT in this town to get something unorthodox done. This will set an ugly precident all over Brookside and this entire community.

Then turn the Whirled page to the Wheeler boyz editorial. What a joke. They do not even live here. They live in Dalass. They would not live here if we paid them too.

The reason for the 5' residential is simply to assure no exit onto Newport.  Really quite a smart idea, and the neighborhood supported it.  It's really a win-win situation when the neighborhood and the developers can agree to something.

Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 09:37:03 am »

quote:
Originally posted by pmcalk

quote:

The reason for the 5' residential is simply to assure no exit onto Newport.  Really quite a smart idea, and the neighborhood supported it.  It's really a win-win situation when the neighborhood and the developers can agree to something.

This is what I call resourcefulness on the part of the TMAPC by making the best of a broken zoning code. I just hope the powers that be will fully fund the comp plan update, instead of the pittance funding dedicated thus far, so we can find the solutions that will solve this problem.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org