A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:36:06 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OKC is concerned with downtown Tulsa dining...  (Read 3694 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: August 09, 2007, 06:31:06 am »

http://newsok.com/article/3101603
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 07:05:39 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

http://newsok.com/article/3101603

They were all at El Guapo.....

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 07:23:06 am »

Are we supposed to be ripping on their downtown as well?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 07:36:57 am »

quote:
The arena will be fine, but if there is no place to park, no one will come,

Has anyone here that knows about parking garages and pay lots ever had trouble finding somewhere to park downtown?

Within one block of the arena isnt there 2 parking garages that to date, sit mostly empty?  Not to mention the parking under the city plaza.  And if you are willing to walk another block there is another parking garage.  Within 4 blocks you can get to the BOk parking garage.  Willing to walk 5 blocks?  Then you can get to Williams parking garage.  6 blocks?  Wow, now were really hoofing it - you can park in the WilTel parking garage.

That's 5 full size parking ramps and one lot within 6 blocks.  I'm not counting the Mayo Auto Mart, nor parking under OneOk, nor the parking for Petroleum Club.  Or just plane lots.

I'm guessing we have the parking covered.  And I've walked a lot further than 6 blocks for major events before.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 07:48:35 am »

Might have more to do with Mexicali's food sucking these days.  I used to like it but last time I ate there a couple of months ago, it would gag a maggot.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 08:07:59 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Might have more to do with Mexicali's food sucking these days.  I used to like it but last time I ate there a couple of months ago, it would gag a maggot.

Good Point.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 08:19:59 am »

Last time I went I enjoyed mine. But they've never been stellar. The front patio was the only real asset to the restaurant, imho.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 10:43:36 am »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

quote:
The arena will be fine, but if there is no place to park, no one will come,

Has anyone here that knows about parking garages and pay lots ever had trouble finding somewhere to park downtown?

Within one block of the arena isnt there 2 parking garages that to date, sit mostly empty?  Not to mention the parking under the city plaza.  And if you are willing to walk another block there is another parking garage.  Within 4 blocks you can get to the BOk parking garage.  Willing to walk 5 blocks?  Then you can get to Williams parking garage.  6 blocks?  Wow, now were really hoofing it - you can park in the WilTel parking garage.

That's 5 full size parking ramps and one lot within 6 blocks.  I'm not counting the Mayo Auto Mart, nor parking under OneOk, nor the parking for Petroleum Club.  Or just plane lots.

I'm guessing we have the parking covered.  And I've walked a lot further than 6 blocks for major events before.

Have these people who complain about parking  ever been to a city bigger than Tulsa or OKC?

It seems like at least half of downtown is devoted to parking. Many of the on-street parking spots sit empty most of the day. I walk by dozens of empty spots on Cheyenne and Boulder near 6th Street every day. During Dfest lots of folks were walking from that part of downtown to avoid the parking fees.

There's not much that infuriates me more than those who say there's no parking downtown.

If walking two blocks from your parking spot to your destination is too taxing, then you better stay away from the downtowns of every small town in the country, as well.

pfox
Civic Leader

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 10:44:00 am »

Typical Oklahoman propaganda.

Maybe there would be more people at Mexicali if their food was better.  Just a thought.

"Our uniqueness is overshadowed by our inability to be unique."
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 10:52:11 am »

Now that El Guapo's has opened I don't plan on visiting Mexicali anymore. El Guapo's is much, much better and there are much better bars in the vicinity.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org