A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 11:51:31 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QuikTrip Expansion at 21st and Harvard  (Read 66094 times)
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2008, 04:44:01 pm »

[PDF] | [JPG]

Sorry for the delay all. The PDF and JPG links are full versions of the file.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 04:44:45 pm by godboko71 » Logged

Thank you,
Robert Town
Limabean
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2008, 06:08:12 pm »

So Tulsa is becoming more pedestrian and forward thinking by building bigger gas stations?

Interesting..........
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2008, 11:03:14 pm »

They will be required to submit a detailed lighting plan to get a PUD --
and that plan should NOT include the obnoxious "Scottsdale" lights they told you about last year (since they wont meet code today).

Did they give you a copy of the plan?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2008, 11:54:57 am »

quote:
Originally posted by patric

They will be required to submit a detailed lighting plan to get a PUD --
and that plan should NOT include the obnoxious "Scottsdale" lights they told you about last year (since they wont meet code today).

Did they give you a copy of the plan?

I have nothing about lighting...the only other thing I do have is a schematic of their "monument" signs, which are pretty typical looking.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2008, 12:33:13 pm »

Thanks for the link... but they take up another 2 lots for more asphalt.  A negative move for development in my book.  As a regular user of that station, it adds no value to me.

To avoid the circular need for me to post this, I'll just do it here:  I'm not advocating telling them they can not expand.  Just saying I view the development as a negative.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
LongtimeTulsan
Citizen

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2008, 06:55:23 pm »

The entire front lot will be nothing but gas pumps and canopy - From the plan it looks to be 16 or so pumps. That is mega -

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2008, 07:58:11 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by LongtimeTulsan

The entire front lot will be nothing but gas pumps and canopy - From the plan it looks to be 16 or so pumps. That is mega -

8 pump islands. that is small compared to the the newer stores and a speck compared to the texas stores.
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2008, 08:24:13 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:

8 pump islands. that is small compared to the the newer stores and a speck compared to the texas stores.

agreed. Go look at the quiktrips around the Dallas area...WOW

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
LongtimeTulsan
Citizen

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2008, 09:11:36 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:

8 pump islands means 16 stations. QT is acting like they are building on undeveloped land and not in an established neighborhood. No - it is not a plus for the area. The traffic and congestion will only get worse.

Given that they pass E10 off for gasoline - I am surprised that anyone buys their gas. I wonder if QT will replace engines.

tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2008, 10:41:35 am »

At the Florence Park Homeowner's meeting last night, it was announced that they've applied for the PUD.  They gave the association everything they asked for as far as screening goes along Gary Pl...and the two guys that ran the QT committee said that they wouldn't oppose it.  They felt that it was inevitable, and they were glad that QT was workign with them on the screening issue.  They don't feel that the loss of the photography studio, rundown duplexes or rundown house are a big loss (and I'm not sure that I don't agree with that)  The president of FPHOA was obviously opposed, so I'm not sure what action she'll be taking.

Then one of them said something like "and they'll be using the Scottsdale lighting which is supposed to be the best.."  and I couldn't help but think of some of Patric's posts here.  Since I didn't know enough about it, I wasn't sure what to say.  No one was there from QT to answer questions anyway.  And, interestingly enough, neither was our new city councilor Eric Gomez, though Maria Barnes was...as was Randi Miller, who used the audience to rally against annexation of the fairgrounds and against moving Driller stadium downtown.

Anyway, it goes before the board sometimes toward the end of May.  I'll post that date as soon as i retrieve my notes from last night.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2008, 10:56:25 am »

quote:
Originally posted by tulsa1603

Then one of them said something like "and they'll be using the Scottsdale lighting which is supposed to be the best.."  and I couldn't help but think of some of Patric's posts here.  Since I didn't know enough about it, I wasn't sure what to say.  No one was there from QT to answer questions anyway.

These were two guys from the neighborhood committee saying that?  
The "Scottsdale" glare bombs wont meet code under a PUD, that is certain.  Either their information is old, or QT doesnt have a real plan to comply with zoning.  

Maybe you could invite more of your neighborhood commitee to the TulsaNow forum?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
buckeye
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2008, 02:50:55 pm »

Maria Barnes was there but Eric Gomez wasn't?  What a chucklehead.
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2008, 03:44:05 pm »

In cases like this, I don't even think it is about making more money for QT at this particular location.  They could leave the current store and continue raking in money.  I think their business model wants to have the same level of service, convenience, and product line uniformally wherever you step into a QuikTrip.  A cramped parking lot that can be a pain to get in and out of, and a packed store lead you to subconsciously associate QT with inconvenience.

TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2008, 08:50:32 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by YoungTulsan

In cases like this, I don't even think it is about making more money for QT at this particular location.  They could leave the current store and continue raking in money.  I think their business model wants to have the same level of service, convenience, and product line uniformally wherever you step into a QuikTrip.  A cramped parking lot that can be a pain to get in and out of, and a packed store lead you to subconsciously associate QT with inconvenience.

agreed.  I for one will avoid that store if at all possible and go down the road to the one at 48th and yale if I have to.  The parking is cramped, the gas pumps are a pain in the butt to get into/out of.  Not much convienence at that location

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
In2neon
Citizen

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2008, 11:30:47 pm »

Then one of them said something like "and they'll be using the Scottsdale lighting which is supposed to be the best.."  

Before everyone gets in an uproar about using the Scottsdale fixture be aware some QTs have fitted the Scottsdale (from LSI lighting) with the optional cutoff shield and this seems to direct light where it should be and make this fixture much more friendly...
Only a greatly reduced glow looking at the fixture sides, as opposed to without, when these first started to pop up...
I find the Scottsdale with the cutoff shield quite acceptable...
Also MH lighting will have a large initial punch of light with fresh bulbs then plateaus to a more acceptable level after a few hundred hours....
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 11:32:53 pm by In2neon » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org