A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 12:11:51 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QuikTrip Expansion at 21st and Harvard  (Read 66097 times)
Enid
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2008, 08:21:19 am »

That QT is almost impossible to get into and I wish they carried sandwiches and salads like the newer QTs.  I have actually witnessed two women fighting over the gas pumps there.  I wish they would build a QT at 41st and Harvard where the nasty Diamond Shamrock (?) is on the corner.  You can't even go in that store it's so smelly and filthy.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2008, 10:11:07 am »

quote:
Originally posted by OurTulsa

QT filed their PUD application last week.  They hired Charles Norman; they know their in for a dog fight with the hood.

If they go the PUD route they  will have to submit a detailed plan that, among other things, demonstrates how their lighting follows the Kennebunkport Formula to abate nuisance glare and trespass -- no obnoxious "Scottsdale" lights, more like what the Kum n' Go on Riverside near the Creek Turnpike is using.

http://www.tmapc.org/applications/Standard%20Elements%20for%20PUD-Corridor%20Detail%20Site%20Plan%20Review.pdf
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-12/1116161/kennebunkport_formula.gif

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
CoffeeBean
Civic Leader

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2008, 10:35:35 am »

How old is Charles Norman?  The man must be pushing 80.

TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2008, 11:50:40 am »

quote:
Originally posted by tulsa1603

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

I love QT.  That QT is the closet to my house.  I make them rich.  It is always WAY busy and needs more space and I do not think it will cause much more traffic at all.  The area is already so busy it has all the traffic it needs.  I'm sure many people pass by because it is so busy - more than likely they will just attract those instead of more traffic.

That said, I also like that little enclave of buildings around it.  They are certainly a bit rundown, but boy to they have character.  I would be sorry to see them go for more concrete lot.  To alleviate some of the stress on that QT they can build on at 31st and Louisville (where a Fiesta Mart has been "coming soon" for 3 years now).  I'd be a HUGE fan of that.

That was my thought last night - why don't they build another one further down Harvard instead of making this one a "Mega" QT.  I signed up to be on the neighborhood QT Committee.  I'm not completely opposed, but I definitely want to make sure our needs and wishes aren't completely run over.

They aren't wanting to build this QT into a MEGA QT from my understanding. (atleast not like the truckstops in dallas and Phoenix.)  They are just wanting to bring it up to date with current trends and flow.  That style of QT is old and outdated (just like the one on 11th by TU and the one at 51st and Mingo).  It shouldn't increase traffic too much, they are already busy enough.  If anything, congestion would ease up around QT because I have been by that store many times where I am at a complete stop because people can't turn into and out of the parking lot.  I think it would be beneficial for you and your neighborhood as long as the lights aren't like a car dealerships.  If that's the biggest of your worries, then I would have to say you are probably in good hands with the project.

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2008, 05:40:43 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TUalum0982

quote:

quote:

I love QT.  That QT is the closet to my house.  I make them rich.  It is always WAY busy and needs more space and I do not think it will cause much more traffic at all.  The area is already so busy it has all the traffic it needs.  I'm sure many people pass by because it is so busy - more than likely they will just attract those instead of more traffic.

That said, I also like that little enclave of buildings around it.  They are certainly a bit rundown, but boy to they have character.  I would be sorry to see them go for more concrete lot.  To alleviate some of the stress on that QT they can build on at 31st and Louisville (where a Fiesta Mart has been "coming soon" for 3 years now).  I'd be a HUGE fan of that.

That was my thought last night - why don't they build another one further down Harvard instead of making this one a "Mega" QT.  I signed up to be on the neighborhood QT Committee.  I'm not completely opposed, but I definitely want to make sure our needs and wishes aren't completely run over.

They aren't wanting to build this QT into a MEGA QT from my understanding. (atleast not like the truckstops in dallas and Phoenix.)  They are just wanting to bring it up to date with current trends and flow.  That style of QT is old and outdated (just like the one on 11th by TU and the one at 51st and Mingo).  It shouldn't increase traffic too much, they are already busy enough.  If anything, congestion would ease up around QT because I have been by that store many times where I am at a complete stop because people can't turn into and out of the parking lot.  I think it would be beneficial for you and your neighborhood as long as the lights aren't like a car dealerships.  If that's the biggest of your worries, then I would have to say you are probably in good hands with the project.

As far as I know, that is the only non-updated QT in the city.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2008, 09:33:55 pm »

The one on 11th near TU was renovated without any expansion... just better use of space.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2008, 11:09:32 am »

That QT is very busy...and possibly the most difficult to navigate via car.  I think the newer layouts with pumps perpendicular to the store work better from a traffic flow standpoint. However, from a "fit with the neighborhood" perspective, I hope they don't biggie-size it (like 15th & Denver) with the extra parking in the rear.  

There are so many places on Harvard where they could easily put a larger QT without having to cut into a neighborhood.  They don't have a presense anywhere in the area near 31st or 41st and Harvard....so dropping south a mile would be great.  (The only ones I can think of are around 55th and Yale, and 61st and Lewis.)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2008, 01:41:36 pm »

quote:

The one on 11th near TU was renovated without any expansion... just better use of space.

The one on 21st is backed up right against the houses behind it. They have plenty of room North-South but are very constrained East-West.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2008, 07:01:22 pm »

If I am not mistaken, what backs up to the QT at 21st and Harvard is another business in a rather fugly building.  The photographer?  Am I wrong?

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2008, 07:22:19 pm »

They will be putting parking in the back like the one at 15th and Denver.  THe Florence Park HOA has been all over this and QT has been working with a committee to make sure the neighborhood is heard.  They're putting a brick wall in along Gary to screen it from the neighborhood, plus they'll be planting two rows of evergreen shrubs as well.  I have PDFs of the site plan if anyone can tell me how to post them.

godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2008, 07:41:07 pm »

quote:

They will be putting parking in the back like the one at 15th and Denver.  THe Florence Park HOA has been all over this and QT has been working with a committee to make sure the neighborhood is heard.  They're putting a brick wall in along Gary to screen it from the neighborhood, plus they'll be planting two rows of evergreen shrubs as well.  I have PDFs of the site plan if anyone can tell me how to post them.

You can either upload them to a free host or just email me the files and I will get them up and linked ASAP.

godboko@gmail.com

Thank you,
Robert Town
hoodlum
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2008, 07:57:37 pm »

to me it seems like an opportunity for the neighborhood. Walkable commercial.
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2008, 10:58:28 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:

quote:

quote:

As far as I know, that is the only non-updated QT in the city.

I believe 51st and Mingo is the same layout, as is the one by TU on 11th.  Atleast the pumps are layed out the same.  I can't recall the inside of either store, as I never go to either one.

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2008, 12:17:52 pm »

quote:

I believe 51st and Mingo is the same layout, as is the one by TU on 11th.  Atleast the pumps are layed out the same.  I can't recall the inside of either store, as I never go to either one.

Those are both updated stores.
tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2008, 04:04:25 pm »

I sent the PDF file to godboko..hopefully he will upload it for us.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org