A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:09:52 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Tulsa's Next Police Chief....  (Read 57741 times)
Wilbur
« on: May 17, 2007, 08:35:00 am »

According to this Detroit blog, Tulsa's next police chief is probably going to be Ella Bully-Cummings, current police chief of Detroit.  I'd actually heard this rumor a couple months ago.

http://firejerryo.blogspot.com/2007/05/is-bully-tulsa-bound.html

Do these comments from the blog concern anyone:

"Bully-Cummings has been the chief of police for a little more than 3 years a period that seen the lowest number of police personnel in years, very low officer morale, which included an unprecendented number of suicides within the ranks, a great increase in violent crime and yearly increases in the murder rate that hasn't been seen for decades, and what many believe is the dismantling of the police department under the Kilpatrick administration."
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 09:01:34 am »

"Bully-Cummings".  She just sounds intimidating with that last name. [Wink]

I thought I would see what Gwen & Chris were gabbing about this morning.  They said the Mayor was also considering a lesbian police chief from another city.  Oh, the nerve. [xx(]

I don't care what race, gender, or sexual orientation as long as they are the best candidate and can be justified as better for the TPD than the three local candidates.  

Sounds like Queen Kathy is wanting to make a "statement" hire instead of considering true merit, if what you posted about Bully-Cummings is true.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rwarn17588
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 09:19:28 am »

Geez, the morning show crew seems to be grinding their axes against gays, aren't they?
iplaw
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 09:41:23 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

"Bully-Cummings".  She just sounds intimidating with that last name. [Wink]

I thought I would see what Gwen & Chris were gabbing about this morning.  They said the Mayor was also considering a lesbian police chief from another city.  Oh, the nerve. [xx(]

I don't care what race, gender, or sexual orientation as long as they are the best candidate and can be justified as better for the TPD than the three local candidates.  

Sounds like Queen Kathy is wanting to make a "statement" hire instead of considering true merit, if what you posted about Bully-Cummings is true.

I would only support a transgendered, racial minority candidate...gay candidates are so last week.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 09:52:59 am »

Bully-Cummings says she has no plans to depart from her post to take a job as top cop in Tulsa, Okla.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070517/NEWS01/70517016/0/BUSINESS01
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 10:08:33 am »

quote:
Originally posted by rwarn17588

Geez, the morning show crew seems to be grinding their axes against gays, aren't they?

Yeah, gamblers, drunks, gluttons, deadbeats, and patrons of t***y bars kind of dropped off the map of KFAQ "sins" last year.  Wonder why that is? [Tongue]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Wrinkle
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 10:40:37 am »

quote:
Detroit Police Chief Ella Bully-Cummings has said that people should always feel comfortable to contact police when a crime is committed and that police should not have to enforce federal immigration laws.

Source: The Arab American News  May 12, 2007
MichaelC
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 10:50:33 am »

If I were the Police Chief or the Mayor, and the FED just assumed I was going to enforce immigration laws with my underpaid understaffed police force, I'd tell the FED where to stick it.  Unless the FED mandates it, they can continue pleasuring each other on this issue.

Until the FED gets off its behind, and starts assisting on the pay and staffing problems of inner-city PDs, there is no incentive.  TPD is stretched enough, without the immigration issue.
Wrinkle
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 10:53:48 am »

quote:
I'd tell the FED where to stick it.

And, we can do the same for anyone who openly fails to enforce our laws.

It'd be interesting to see the actual Job Description posted.

MichaelC
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 11:00:37 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Wrinkle

quote:

My bad.  I thought you were some kind of policeman.  Of course, maybe our PD has plenty of time on it's hands, is fully staffed, and fully paid.

Maybe TPD should go out of it's way to accept Federal responsilibilities regardless of TPD's responsilibities.  We don't really need murders solved, or traffic monitored.  Let's just pull over random Mexicans, see if they're legal.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 11:43:35 am »

Is it true that Mayor Kathy Taylor is going to hire that guy from Mayberry?

Mayor Taylor and Sheriff Taylor...

Which one of you cop posters gets to be Deputy Fife?

Power is nothing till you use it.
Kiah
Philanthropist

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 12:29:12 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Wilbur

According to this Detroit blog, Tulsa's next police chief is probably going to be . . . .

So a blog says that she interviewed for the position, and you translate that as she's "probably going to be" Tulsa's next police chief.

I say Tulsa's next police chief is going to be this guy.  

There, you read that in an online forum.  That's almost as good as a blog.

MH2010
Philanthropist

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 01:09:51 pm »

Reno 911 is awsome!  However, I would rather have Deputy Travis Junior or Deputy Raineesha Williams as a chief.
Wrinkle
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 01:10:22 pm »

Wrinkle
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 01:13:13 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by MichaelC

quote:
Originally posted by Wrinkle

quote:

My bad.  I thought you were some kind of policeman.  Of course, maybe our PD has plenty of time on it's hands, is fully staffed, and fully paid.

Maybe TPD should go out of it's way to accept Federal responsilibilities regardless of TPD's responsilibities.  We don't really need murders solved, or traffic monitored.  Let's just pull over random Mexicans, see if they're legal.

Yeah, I was going to suggest we knock off on child molesters and bank robbers until sufficient funds are obtained.

The Courts are too busy anyway.
Judges might need to work a regular shift.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org