A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:08:04 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jerry Falwell croaks  (Read 10057 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2007, 08:17:48 am »

"a little toad to tell us that the attacks of September the 11th were the result of our sinfulness and were God's punishment"

Silly Reverend, God had nothing to do with it, it was a Gov't inside job.  [}:)]

Yes, it is amazing what $ome are allowed to get away with when they are called "Reverend".

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2007, 07:25:36 am »

ANN COULTER did a write up on his death.  I strongly dislike this woman...

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=20753

She agrees with EVERYTHING Jerry Falwell ever said, the only thing she doesn't like is that he didn't hate fags enough.  He 'loved the person' and hated the sin, when he should have hated everything about them and their wicked evil lifestyle they are trying to destroy the world with.

I think someone's a closet lesbian AND wasnt loved as a child.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
mr.jaynes
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2007, 12:52:49 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

She agrees with EVERYTHING Jerry Falwell ever said, the only thing she doesn't like is that he didn't hate fags enough.  He 'loved the person' and hated the sin, when he should have hated everything about them and their wicked evil lifestyle they are trying to destroy the world with.

I fail to see why anyone takes Ann Coulter seriously, let alone why any news network or magazine would ever call upon her to comment on the events of the day. If this is all an act on her part, so be it, but i still think that a little psychiatric care may be in order.

And Michelle Malkin is hardly an improvement....
iplaw
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2007, 03:17:55 pm »

Though I don't agree with Mr. Hitchens vis-a-vis religion.  This has to be one of the funniest interviews I've seen in a long time.  The last line of the clip was the best....I was laughing so hard I could barely breathe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doKkOSMaTk4
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2007, 03:41:28 pm »

"Respect? Play him the worlds smallest violin."

Even if you liked Jerry, I would hope you do not subscribe to the notion that upon someones death you have to pretend they were a good person and show "respect."  Compliment them were do (Hitler was a good public speaker) but why pretend the person was something they were not?  

The guy does not come across very well though.  Then again, neither did Hannity.  Cutting people off never goes very far in persuading an audience who is correct.

I also liked it when Hannity compared all atheists Stalin, Mao, Hitler, and Pol Pot . Then said you cant speak poorly about Falwell because he helped people.  To wit - whats his name pointed out that Hamas is also a charity.  The guy made some good points, then makes himself look like a jackass.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
iplaw
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2007, 03:56:17 pm »

You had to love the quote though where he said that had Falwell been given an enema before he died that he could have been buried in a matchbox...

He's never worried about coming across well, as he was probably lit before they taped.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2007, 04:09:50 pm »

Sheesh, how many bowls did Hitchins smoke before that interview?  He makes Fred Thompson look lively. [}:)]  Nice comment at the end there about the enema, though hard to understand.

From a purely Christian stand-point this is a happy occasion, he ostensibly has been called home to the God he served people are supposed to rejoice.

Personally, I think he's was the same type of hate-mongering, intollerant heap of crap that Rev. $harpton is.

Where's Cubs with a warm, fuzzy eulogy?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TulsaFan-inTexas
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2007, 04:22:32 pm »

Was Ralph Reed in Tulsa? The backdrop of downtown in that interview looks like T-Town.
mr.jaynes
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2007, 05:25:27 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TulsaFan-inTexas

Was Ralph Reed in Tulsa? The backdrop of downtown in that interview looks like T-Town.

I think Ralph Reed is a big goob.
TulsaFan-inTexas
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2007, 05:27:07 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by mr.jaynes

quote:
Originally posted by TulsaFan-inTexas

I think Ralph Reed is a big goob.

That's certainly possible, but not what I was asking.
USRufnex
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2007, 08:46:13 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

Loved this part:  "Let me be the first to say: I ALWAYS agreed with the Rev. Falwell."

Awwww... guess macchiavellian moralists need to stick together, huh?

"Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIsvMSEYiK4&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_YzbODb9To&mode=related&search=

iplaw
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2007, 03:41:32 pm »

Someone at Liberty U was planning on taking out Mr. Phelps.  Jeebus would be proud.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2007, 03:50:03 pm »

I heard the other day that Fred Phelps is a registered Democrat and has run several failed campaigns for governor of Kansas.

Not your typical liberal, eh?

iplaw
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2007, 03:53:27 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

I heard the other day that Fred Phelps is a registered Democrat and has run several failed campaigns for governor of Kansas.

Not your typical liberal, eh?

Rude, manipulative, abuses his right to free speech, sounds pretty typical to me.[Wink]
mr.jaynes
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2007, 09:26:58 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by iplaw

Someone at Liberty U was planning on taking out Mr. Phelps.  Jeebus would be proud.

I also consider Mr. Phelps as being a big goob.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org