A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:17:48 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lake Yahola  (Read 3947 times)
iplaw
« on: May 08, 2007, 10:45:09 am »

Has anyone around here ever fished Lake Yahola on North Harvard?  If so, I heard you can catch Walleye, which is fairly uncommon in Oklahoma.  Also, is it a safe place to go?
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 12:53:08 pm »

I have had better luck fishing the creek to the east. Flat Rock Creek runs down the side of Yahola thens cut through the golf course and dumps into Bird Creek.

We used worms from the yard and some chicken livers to catch some nice catfish.

I have never caught walleye in Oklahoma. It is also known as a Saugeye. Here is info...

http://okiefish.com/TheWalleye.htm

Power is nothing till you use it.
iplaw
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 03:13:35 pm »

I was on another website the other day discussing fishing some of the local superfund strip pits, and the guy was talking about catching Walleye in Yahola.  The wildlife department says that they have released Walleye into Gibson and a few other lakes, but I have never caught one.

I hope the population grows as Walleye are good eats.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 12:57:27 am »

Walleye and Saugeye are two diffrent fish....A Saugeye is a cross between the Sauger and Walleye....Like the Whitebass or Sandbass is to the Hybrid Striped Bass....The latter being a cross between Striped Bass and Whitebass.....I hear Yahola has some nice crappie fishing....I do all my fishing on Grand so thats not firsthand info.....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org