A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:59:55 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Christian' Nativism  (Read 1720 times)
aoxamaxoa
« on: January 21, 2007, 10:26:26 pm »

'Christian' Nativism
"Abortion and homosexuality seem like clear-cut issues for the Christian Right. But is that also true of immigration?"
by Alexander Zaitchik
http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelreport/article.jsp?aid=724
"The fact is," said O'Sullivan, "most Christians are more hard-line when it comes to immigration than their Church leaders. Are all of these people going to hell?"

A better question might be: When did immigration assume a place next to abortion and traditional marriage as a "family" issue for the religious right? And is this new and highly charged issue a threat to that movement's much-vaunted "culture war"? Or is it a legitimate part of it? "

discuss?
MichaelC
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 11:59:55 pm »

I probably could be described as a hard-liner on immigration.  I can't be described as particularly religious.

I don't understand the point of this thread.  The older I get (a smaller walker every year, and more cases of Preparation H), the more I'm realizing that it's not so clear-cut.  Christians can not be easily categorized as a block, and even though there have been plenty of slash-n-burn smear tactics floating around, it's not all that necessary.  Doesn't matter what the subject is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org