A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:53:43 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Riverwalk Crossing  (Read 15748 times)
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2007, 12:02:44 pm »

I'm surprised nobody's jumped on this thread.
Phase 2 to include loft apartments
The biggest "complaint" has been the lack of a grander multi-use vision.
Looks like that's been answered.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2007, 12:29:07 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by BKDotCom

I'm surprised nobody's jumped on this thread.
Phase 2 to include loft apartments
The biggest "complaint" has been the lack of a grander multi-use vision.
Looks like that's been answered.

I would've posted but I was amd at myself for recording the news to watch the story. After the teaser about "a hotel, a national restaurant and stores" I was expecting exciting news. Didn't know the story was made entirely of pronouns.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2012, 04:45:39 pm »

My, how the mighty have fallen.  Not a major scoop since we knew this was coming.

One year after the original suit was filed, RiverWalk Crossing has officially entered foreclosure.

Judge Rebecca Brett Nightingale of Tulsa County District Court ruled in favor of American National Bank of Texas in their claim that current owners RWC Management Inc. failed to repay $28.3 million in three loans linked to the property.

RiverWalk Crossing, which has been operating under receivership since February of last year, will soon be auctioned off at a sheriff’s sale.

The suit had also named Jerry Gordon, original owner and builder of RiverWalk’s 125,000 square-foot first phase, as a defendant because of his capacity as guarantor on the first two loans of $17.5 million and $10.4 million granted in 2008.

RWC took out a third loan for $305,393 in 2010.

The city of Jenks has a lien against RiverWalk Crossing of $1.32 million, which was recorded in 2009. Colburn Electric LLC, Aircomfort Inc., Mullin Plumbing Inc. and Hangman Corp also have liens against the property.

The foreclosure sale will first cover payment of the loans as well as sale costs, and if any money is left over after that they will be applied to the liens.

RiverWalk Crossing continued to operate after it was put into receivership last February, with Gail Fair of Property Client Services in Tulsa the receiver.

Tenants in foreclosed properties can legally continue to do business, although Fair was not available to elaborate on future plans for the property.

Current retail tenants were open for business Wednesday, though their numbers have thinned -- the only businesses left on the ground floor of the main part of RiverWalk Crossing are Los Cabos, The Melting Pot, The Mansion, The Cigar Box, Marble Slab Creamery and Photographic Designs by Rachel Williams.

RiverWalk Movies, which was constructed next to the main part of RiverWalk Crossing, is also open.

Carrie Williams, owner of the RiverWalk Crossing Marble Slab Creamery since it opened six years ago, said she first noticed a serious slowdown in foot traffic in 2009, when Gordon sold his remaining stakes in the center to David Salomon of Orda Corp., owner of RWC Management.

Things got worse when American National Bank filed suit.

“We had a good month the first month after that hit, but then people started assuming all the stores were closed,” she said. “People would call us to see if we’re still open.”

Williams said business is very seasonal, though the busy summer months generated enough money for Marble Slab Creamery to survive the lean winter months. She guessed that other businesses weren’t so lucky.

The latest casualty was Gina & Guiseppe’s Italian Ristorante, which closed earlier this month.

Williams said that Property Client Services had been doing a good job of maintaining the property and had added security.

Though retail tenants are largely scarce, the office space on the second floor of two of the three buildings in the main section are mostly occupied.

Tom Nilsson of Nueterra HR Solutions said his business has been doing well since opening in the former management office of RiverWalk Crossing two years ago.

“We don’t have clients that come up, so it’s pretty nice,” he said. “Plus the view here is beautiful.”

Jennifer Tanner, office manager at RiverWalk Dental Spa, said her company is also doing well, though the retail slowdown has had some impact.

“We really relied on people being able to see us when they’re out there,” she said. “Now we’re mostly relying on word-of-mouth.”

Tanner said she believes the center can still succeed.

“If they can get some brand-name businesses down here, it can do well,” she said.

Williams said she’s also optimistic.

“We’re hoping that once this place gets a new owner, things will pick up,” she said.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectid=32&articleid=20120215_32_0_Oneyea884106

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2012, 05:54:30 pm »

Cause when I think 'night on the town', I think jenks...(vomit)

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2012, 06:26:58 pm »

Cause when I think 'night on the town', I think jenks...(vomit)

Where in that article (or anywhere) does anyone say come to Jenks (or Riverwalk Crossing) for a night out on the town?
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2012, 06:31:46 pm »

Anyone remember seeing ads for the place? Where? Promotions? Other than Los Cabos on a TV ad? It was just another local shopping center in a small town that thought it was the center of the universe.

Hope it lands in the hands of someone with some marketing savvy.

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2012, 06:47:39 pm »

Anyone remember seeing ads for the place? Where? Promotions? Other than Los Cabos on a TV ad? It was just another local shopping center in a small town that thought it was the center of the universe.

Hope it lands in the hands of someone with some marketing savvy.

Actually, they did some marketing with it with their music series during warm months.  At one point there was more advertising pointed that way, but I suspect not much for the last few years.  I think the problem is, old farts like you and I weren't their perceived primary demographic, so that might be why you never heard more about it Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2012, 06:52:04 pm »

As a seasoned old fart (don't think too much about that) welcome to the fold. Know anything much about this Facebook thingy?

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2012, 07:20:37 pm »

As a seasoned old fart (don't think too much about that) welcome to the fold. Know anything much about this Facebook thingy?

LOL, on there every day.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2012, 07:39:11 pm »

LOL, on there every day.

You only think you're a SOF.  You're really still a young guy.

Grin

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2012, 07:45:50 pm »

You only think you're a SOF.  You're really still a young guy.

Grin

I bet he tweets. Oh, yeah, he's a tweeter...and I don't mean no "Rockin' Robin" kind of tweeter. Cheesy

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2012, 01:09:38 am »

I bet he tweets. Oh, yeah, he's a tweeter...and I don't mean no "Rockin' Robin" kind of tweeter. Cheesy

Actually, I've never gotten into the Twitter.  I don't think the world wants to know about my every move and thought.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2012, 01:17:45 am »

Actually, I've never gotten into the Twitter.  I don't think the world wants to know about my every move and thought.

I'm on Twitter, but I don't tweet or 'twoop'...

I use it mainly to follow the likes of Marshall.  Eric is always tweeting stuff.  I don't have enough time in a day to type the 140...LOL.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2012, 09:59:19 am »

I use it as a source for news.  I've tweeted 18 times but I read hundreds of tweets a day.

The teens I know on twitter have 2500 to 8000 tweets under their belts.  It's definately used to communicate by the millenials and younger more than us Boomers and X'ers.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2012, 10:42:57 am »

I use it as a source for news.  I've tweeted 18 times but I read hundreds of tweets a day.

The teens I know on twitter have 2500 to 8000 tweets under their belts.  It's definately used to communicate by the millenials and younger more than us Boomers and X'ers.

That begs a question: I was born in 1965, so I'm not a boomer and I've never heard of my ilk referred to as gen-x either. What am I?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org