A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:56:54 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Hamburgers in the Tulsa Area ?  (Read 13068 times)
AMP
« on: December 25, 2006, 11:26:37 pm »

Since we are on the food subject, who has directions to some of the best burger joints in the Tulsa area.

Shorty's up on North Peoria around 66th Street in Turley makse some of the best grease burgers I have found.  

Freddies on East 6th on Lewis and East on 11th Street smashes a great burger.  

Ron's seems to have the best deal on the Hamburger/Cheeseburger Steak meal deal.

What are your favorites?

rwarn17588
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 01:37:55 am »

Hank's Hamburgers on Admiral and Brownie's on Harvard.
dsjeffries
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 01:41:52 am »

Weber's absolutely has the best cheeseburgers!  There's one in Brookside at 38th & Peoria and there used to be one at 68th & Lewis (I think it was Lewis) but it's no longer listed on their website.  Is it still there?
MH2010
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 01:53:58 am »

Webers is very good but I always get an upset stomach later.  Hanks is number one on my list when I want a cheeseburger.
unknown
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 08:16:09 am »

quote:
Originally posted by DScott28604

there used to be one at 68th & Lewis (I think it was Lewis) but it's no longer listed on their website.  Is it still there?

Yes, it is still there and there is also one close to 71st Sheridan.

My Favorites are Rons, Karls on 91st Delaware, Scott's Hamburgers in Bixby, Lot A Burger, and Brownies on 21st Harvard.
AMP
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 11:46:41 am »

Anyone remember Conner's Corner near 30th and Harvard?  That was the place advertised by the man that did the Ugh, You Need U M Tires ads on the radio.  Believe Conner was the first Burger Nazi in the area. Didn't serve many additions to his plain burgers.  Anyone have any stories about that place?

May need to split these in categories:
Flat Pan Grilled and Charcoal Grilled.  
Hard to grill the onions like Hank's and Freddies do on the charcoal type grill.  

Goldies builds a darn good charcoal grilled type burger, even if they use a gas burner.  They make a stuffed burger with cheese and onions that is a twist on the grill the onions style.  

Also Johnnies at 51st and Harvard, they use real shredded cheddar cheese on their burgers. Yummy.  I like the old drive in Chuck Wagon place in OKC, great charcoal burgers there.

St Michaels Alley in Ranch Acres has a decent burger that comes with a giant bowl of potato chips. The Strawberry Orange Sling Iced drink in the Summer topped it off.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 12:02:58 pm »

Bill's Jumbo Burgers is the best, hands down.

It is a little dive, seats five and is just east of Utica and south of I-244.

His burgers inspire song.

Power is nothing till you use it.
AMP
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 01:18:14 pm »

I have only tried Bill's once.  My office is in Mid Town so I pass by there going to Downtown alot.  

Seems the closed sign is displayed most times I have been hungry.  Believe he is a Lunch Only Burger place. May have to try it again soon.

How about Claud's Hamburgers on Brookside. I'm reminded of the late Claud Sr. rubbing soap on the windows this time of year.  Some good cole slaw there.  

Anyone remember the small diner run by several senior ladies that set just west of Peoria near Clauds. Seems it was a house and they had a steam table and servered plate lunches in the late 1960's.
MH2010
Philanthropist

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 01:49:22 pm »

Bill's is extremely good.  It is only open for lunch.  You need to get there early because the line will be out the door.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2006, 02:04:57 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

Bill's Jumbo Burgers is the best, hands down.

It is a little dive, seats five and is just east of Utica and south of I-244.

His burgers inspire song.

Would that bew the Whitney or the Dolly version of "I will always love you?"

Just kidding.

Johnnies, Goldies, Karl's, Lot-A-Burger, and Webers are OK but not great. Rons is great when you rate it the same way you rate philly cheesesteaks, how well you can see through the wrapper.
AMP
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2006, 02:26:19 pm »

One's that are gone:

Chuck Wagon on East 11th Street between Lewis and Utica. Sat on the South Side of 11th Street.  Hub Burger, Wheel Burger.... GIANT with the BEST French Fries.  

Conner's Corner near 30th and Harvard sat in the corner of the shopping center on the East side of Harvard.

Partners, sat east of Oertle's on 11th Street.  It was a small diner looked like a rail road car.

Kings Burgers ? sat on the NW corner of 31st and Sheridan.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2006, 02:53:58 pm »

In Midtown I like Ty's near 15th and Harvard, and Claud's near 41st and Peoria.  Both great local places.  On the westside near 51st and Union there is a great place called Arnold's, if you're in that area give it a try.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2006, 03:54:08 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by MH2010

Bill's is extremely good.  It is only open for lunch.  You need to get there early because the line will be out the door.

Last time I called an order in at Bill's on a Friday, they answered the phone with "Taking Orders for 12:30". I looked at my clock and it was 10:55 am.

That is how busy they can be, especially on a Friday.  But it is worth it.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Goodpasture
Citizen

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2006, 06:25:31 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by AMP

One's that are gone:

Johnny Harden's on 11th Street before he got into KFC.....

When Integrity Matters
www.oakcrestappraisal.com
AMP
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2006, 07:19:27 pm »

Rick still has the Hardens Hamburgers at 4th and Sheridan.  They make a great Cheese Burger Steak dinner there. Sweet Tea to wash it down with.

There was a second Hardens location at 3rd and Lewis but it is now Ralph's.  Same type menu, but no longer a Hardens.

I have never tried the Tys Burgers, don't know why, just never remember it I seen it is closed when ever I go there.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org