A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:53:44 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speaking of eating seafood  (Read 6846 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 12:27:15 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by dioscorides

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

yeah, if they just werent in the ghetto part of town.

i dont do seafood but I hear that that boston's place at 71st/sheridan is good.

i have been there a couple of times.  the service hasn't been much to talk about; but, the food has been good.  the crab cakes are awesome.

Service has never really been a part of the experience there- it's always been about the food.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
perspicuity85
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 02:16:30 pm »

Bourbon Street Cafe on Cherry St. has some great cajun-style seafood, and is local.

As for chains, I vote for Bonefish Grill at 71st/Garnett- they have some excellent grilled fish items.  

Does anyone know if Atlantic Sea Grill will ever reopen?
bokworker
Civic Leader

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 04:02:49 pm »

My wife and I enjoy going to Bodeans. I think they provide the seafood for most of the Tulsa restaurants and have always had great service to go along with the food.

I don't hesitate to order some raw oysters there and they are currently serving some parmesan crusted scallops that are out of this world good....

I was hopeful they would not lose anything as they moved across the street and would have to say that not only did they not lose anything, the new place looks great. We normally just eat in the bar area (it helps that the bartender knows how to make my martini just the way Ilike it) but the seating area is really nice as well.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 10:47:35 pm »

I spent a hazy night at Bodeans bar after symphony at sunset last fall along with the general manager and a few friends.  We decided in our "state" that the bar area was too large and impersonal and that a redesign or getting Mary to buy more furniture was in order.  Anyone know if there have been significant changes since last Sept?  Have not been back- no reason other than time.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 10:49:50 pm by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 08:19:21 am »

Bourbon Street is awful and on it's last legs....

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 09:16:27 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Breadburner

Bourbon Street is awful and on it's last legs....

You mean that dump is still open???  

Wrinkle
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 09:39:09 am »

The last time I ate dinner at White River, the shrimp had that leathery chew like they were prepared fresh for lunch, yesterday.

Too expensive for that.

Whenever I have pangs for seafood, I reminisce about S&J's and wish it were still around.

But, the best shrimp platter in town today is Bros Houligan. They even have a lunch special.

lsimmons
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 09:49:53 am »

Oh how I miss S&J. The original Brookside location was a regular stop for me. Food was always good back then.

My vote goes to Bodeans. You won't find any better here.

I gotta mention though that Bonefish was quite good. I only ate there once though, and it was right after they opened.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2008, 10:19:12 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Wrinkle

The last time I ate dinner at White River, the shrimp had that leathery chew like they were prepared fresh for lunch, yesterday.

Too expensive for that.

Whenever I have pangs for seafood, I reminisce about S&J's and wish it were still around.

But, the best shrimp platter in town today is Bros Houligan. They even have a lunch special.

Houligans has got the best fried shrimp recipe I've ever had, I like their cocktail sauce as well.

I've never had a lousy meal there.

joiei
City Father

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2008, 11:40:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

I spent a hazy night at Bodeans bar after symphony at sunset last fall along with the general manager and a few friends.  We decided in our "state" that the bar area was too large and impersonal and that a redesign or getting Mary to buy more furniture was in order.  Anyone know if there have been significant changes since last Sept?  Have not been back- no reason other than time.

Have you looked across the street at the NEW Bodeans restaurant and seafood store?

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2008, 12:54:30 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by joiei

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Have you looked across the street at the NEW Bodeans restaurant and seafood store?

That was the one we were at, about three weeks after it opened, as I recall.  Well, really I don't recall much, and no I wasn't driving that night.  [Shocked)]

Great decor inside, the glass work is outstanding.  We all felt the bar was a bit big and well, under-utilized.

citizen72
Civic Leader

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2008, 06:11:31 pm »

Wow! Thanks a million guys. I now feel prepared to do some quality dining. My family will be impressed.  thx again.

^^^^^

"Never a skillful sailor made who always sailed calm seas."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org