A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:45:13 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Most Dangerous Cities  (Read 5474 times)
tulitlikeitis
« on: October 30, 2006, 06:00:43 am »

The new Morgan Quinto survey is out and Tulsa again makes it into the top tier of dangerous cities (as I remember it is about 37th out of 370). Tulsa is now ranked more dangerous than other notables such as Miami, Houston, Phoenix, NYC and many, many other cities.
snopes
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 06:18:55 am »

Tulsa is nowhere to be found on the list. Houston, on the other hand, is right in the mix on the dangerous side, coming in at number 10 on the most dangerous cities list. Broken Arrow is on the Safest 25 list. Get your facts straight before posting garbage.

Safest and Most Dangerous Cities List
tulitlikeitis
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 06:33:22 am »

quote:
Originally posted by snopes

Tulsa is nowhere to be found on the list. Houston, on the other hand, is right in the mix on the dangerous side, coming in at number 10 on the most dangerous cities list. Broken Arrow is on the Safest 25 list. Get your facts straight before posting garbage.

Safest and Most Dangerous Cities List

Take a look at the expanded list ... spot 335 on safest cities which of course is inverse of most dangerous cities

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2006Oct30/0,4670,CityCrimeListGlance,00.html
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 07:02:31 am »

quote:
Originally posted by tulitlikeitis

The new Morgan Quinto survey is out and Tulsa again makes it into the top tier of dangerous cities (as I remember it is about 37th out of 370). Tulsa is now ranked more dangerous than other notables such as Miami, Houston, Phoenix, NYC and many, many other cities.

oh come on, this is bull****... tulsa is number 335 but big ol' broken arrow is in the top 20? let's just say tulsa incorporated ba and jenks, what would that do to the data? it is the same with the kc,mo/kc,ks data compared to overland park, olathe, lee's summit... it is all really the same damn town...

but back on topic, our crime rate is distrubing...

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 09:05:23 am »

Our crime rate WAS disturbing.

Isn’t this based on ’05 numbers when good old LaFortune was at odds with the Police and we seemingly had a murder a day and no plan to work on crime?

And again, in the last six months crime is way, way down since the mayors office is no longer vacant.  And it really seems it WAS vacant when LaFortune was mayor.

And, Bruno is right, the suburbs have little crime. Jenks for example had ZERO violent crimes in 2005. None. What is Tulsa’s metro crime rate even for ’05 when the city was out of control?
rwarn17588
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 09:14:42 am »

I originally came from near St. Louis, which ranked No. 1. Woohoo!

As my wife would say, if a Tulsa gang-banger ever met one from St. Louis, the Tulsan would pee down his leg.

In comparison, Tulsa seems tame -- even when LaFortune was MIA during the crime surge.

Rico
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 09:54:04 am »

quote:
Originally posted by swake

What is Tulsa�s metro crime rate even for �05 when the city was out of control?

Swake.. just go to the TPD website and they have a complete itemized list for 2005.. and partial year 2006 ....

And yes rwarn... Tulsa is quite a bit more tame than other places I have lived..

To add to the comment about "gangbangers"
If Tulsa Gang members were to come in contact with even the smallest "mexican american" gang from Podunk Calif. they would surrender their arms immediately and take up gardening or something......
[8D]
Cubs
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 03:20:52 pm »

When comparing two cities, the bigger city has bigger and worse bad areas and bigger and nicer good areas. The bad areas and good areas are located in different places in metropolitan areas. The majority of the bad areas are usually in the city and majority of the good areas are usually in the suburbs, but this is not always the case. It would be much better for this survey to compare metropolitan areas instead of cities proper.
Cubs
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 03:30:31 pm »

I see that they have metropolitan areas at the bottom, but is the 37th that you quoted, is the city or metropolitan area?
DM
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 05:40:55 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by swake

Our crime rate WAS disturbing.

Isn’t this based on ’05 numbers when good old LaFortune was at odds with the Police and we seemingly had a murder a day and no plan to work on crime?

And again, in the last six months crime is way, way down since the mayors office is no longer vacant.  And it really seems it WAS vacant when LaFortune was mayor.

I could not agree more.
Sangria
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 07:00:42 am »

I have not lived in Tulsa all my life - but I have been here for most of it.

I can remember a time when a murder was something you just didn't see that often. There was a time when murder wasn't concidered "Just one of those things that happen in a city".

Bank robberies - there was seldom a bank robbery. Just the occational convenience store hit now and then. Nothing like it is now where we have several bank robberies a month, store robberies by the dozens almost every night.

They finally caught the seriel rapist that was snatching little girls from their beds at night.

Tulsa 37th Unsafest City? I can see that. Our crime rate is off the charts right now and it won't change until we have officers on our streets again and doing their job.

Think about this: Are there places in Tulsa you won't go after dark? Why?
aoxamaxoa
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 08:31:34 am »

see Sad Sad Sad!!!!!

Don't play chicken little....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org