The Republican Party has changed

<< < (3/6) > >>

Rico:
quote:Originally posted by guido911

I am a Republican. I am a Bush apologist and "neocon." I love Halliburton and fully support covering up page abuse scandals. Hey, any other democrat talking point or other b.s. pablum you would like to spout from the party of cowardly cut and run?

"We live in a Wold of problems which can no longer be solved by the level of thinking which created them"

[;)]

Chicken Little:

...from the party of cowardly cut and run?Which party would that be?

CBS Evening News - Oct 1, 2006 quote: ...two separate sets of advisors, one inside the Pentagon and one outside, are now developing plans for what would amount to a withdrawal schedule...Just nine months ago we were supposed to believe that Jack Murtha was a coward.  Now, Bush is following his advice.

If this means that we are going to get those boys the h*ll out of there, then that's all that really matters.  We should already be drawing down, but instead we had to endure yet another nasty political gambit from the White House.  This time, however, the disgusting, swiftboating, smears have done little more than waste valuable time...and lives.

Time for Rove and all the other political flacks to get out their paste and construction paper and make themselves some little "I stayed the course" badges of dishonor.  Ever feel like you've been played like a grand piano?

UPDATE:  Murtha says it better.  From today's WaPo:quote: "It's all baseless name-calling, and it's all wrong," Murtha wrote. "Unless, of course, being a Defeatocrat means taking a good hard look at the administration's Iraq policy and determining that it's a failure.

"In that case, count me in. Because Democrats recognize that we're headed for a far greater disaster in Iraq if we don't change course _ and soon. This is not defeatism. This is realism."...

..."Democrats are fighting a war on two fronts: One is combating the spin and intimidation that defines this administration. The other is fighting to change course, to do things better, to substitute smart, disciplined strategy for dogma and denial in Iraq.

"That's not defeatism. That's our duty," ...

Rico:
Ditto.......!

Republican Congressman Chris Shay (Con) calls for Rumsfeld’s Resignation

I would advise you all to never move. What a nightmare! Glad that’s over with.

While reading thru the usual opinion and news sites, I found an article that just gets me. These republicans betraying their own peers to get votes.

This newest traitor – I can’t think of a better way to describe him – Representative Chris Shays. He is facing a tough democrat opponent in the upcoming elections, has called – on Wednesday – for the resignation of Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of Defense. Which is highly unusual for a “long-time� republican.

The Connecticut Representative also claims that the administration is “withholding information from Congress� about the Iraq war. I don’t think that anyone, besides military leaders and the President himself, should know everything about a war, ANY war. How is security supposed to be maintained if we tell everyone in the country what we’re doing? I don’t trust anyone in Congress enough to keep that information quiet. The first time a constituent had a problem with something going on in the war, it’s my belief that they would tell to save their own donkey.

[}:)]

papaspot:

PAPA wrote:
Yep, I'd say you definitely qualify as a Modern Day Republican (as do most Bush apologists). Like the other neo-cons, you're a liberal in in right wing clothing.
By the way, it's "heaps", not "heeps". What motivated you to learn to spell (or not) in school?

I am a Republican. I am a Bush apologist and "neocon." I love Halliburton and fully support covering up page abuse scandals. Hey, any other democrat talking point or other b.s. pablum you would like to spout from the party of cowardly cut and run?

Oops. I'm not a Democrat. But nice try.

Oh, wait...you said the party of cut and run. Let's see...the last time we cut and ran was from Beirut, I believe. It was after the Marine Barracks bombing. Let's see...who was president then...it was....REAGAN. That's it--Reagan was president. Ronald Reagan. Now which party was Reagan from? It's on the tip of my tongue. REPUBLICAN! That's it--Reagan was a Republican. You must have been talking about the Republican Party when you said "the party of cowardly cut and run". My mistake. [}:)]

I'm not a Republican either.

papaspot:
"That's not defeatism. That's our duty,"

I think for people like guido, "the right thing" is whatever the Republican Party tells them is the right thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page