The Republican Party has changed

(1/6) > >>

Bledsoe:
Below is an excerpt from an editorial from the Johnson County Sun of Overland Park, KS (a traditional Republican newspaper) explaining why it will be endorsing a record number of Democrats this year.

I think what it says also applies to Oklahoma Republicans.  The party switch of State Sen. Nancy Riley, D-Tulsa

http://www.oksenate.gov/Senators/biographies/riley_bio.html
http://okiensight.blogspot.com/2006/08/sen-nancy-riley-reregisters-as.html

from Republican to Democrat just after the Lt. Gov. primary this year is an example what has happened and is happening to the Republican party in Oklahoma.

See:  http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?BRD=1459&dept_id=155743&newsid=17284084&PAG=461&rfi=9

The Republican Party has changed, and it has changed monumentally.

You almost cannot be a victorious traditional Republican candidate with mainstream values in Johnson County or in Kansas anymore, because these candidates never get on the ballot in the general election. They lose in low turnout primaries, where the far right shows up to vote in disproportionate numbers.

To win a Republican primary, the candidate must move to the right.

What does to-the-right mean?

It means anti-public education, though claiming to support it.

It means weak support of our universities, while praising them.

It means anti-stem cell research.

It means ridiculing global warming.

It means gay bashing. Not so much gay marriage, but just bashing gays.

It means immigrant bashing. I'm talking about the viciousness.

It means putting religion in public schools. Not just prayer.

It means mocking evolution and claiming it is not science.

It means denigrating even abstinence-based sex education....

But everything else adds up to priorities that have nothing to do with the Republican Party I once knew.

papaspot:
I agree that the Republican Party bears little or no resemblance to the Republican Party that existed in America when I had more hair growing on the top of my head than out of my ears. There's nothing conservative about today's Republican Party, in fact the only difference between the Republican Party and the Democratic Party is where they want to put the money for big government spending and which state rights they want the federal government to usurp. I think that the Democratic Party has changed less and I think that utter chaos, a total lack of organization and the inability to agree on anything has actually helped the Democratic Party stay relatively unchanged.

RecycleMichael:
Can you believe how many democrats are being endorsed by the Tulsa World this year?

I really try to pay attention and the Tulsa World has endorsed equally over the long run, but has endorsed more republicans in the last decade.

Not this year. The editorial board has over and over again said that the democrat was the better candidate this year.

aoxamaxoa:
The pendulum swings...

It may be too late!

Cubs:
To win a Democrat primary, the candidate must move to the left.

What does to-the-left mean?

It means supporting public education by giving it heeps of money, even though money doesn't help kids want to do any better.

It means claiming to support our universities, while doing nothing while in office.

It means pro-stem cell research despite its moral consequences and lack of any proof that they will help anything.

It means lying about global warming despite any long-term proof.

It means gay praising. Not so much gay marriage, but just praising gays.

It means illegal immigrant welcoming. Maybe they just don't understand the word illegal. It means putting politics first because they know illegals usually side with the Democrat party.

It means completely removing religion in public schools and life in general. Not just prayer.

It means claiming evolution is true and completely disregarding God and those Christians who believe in Jesus Christ.

It means encouraging sex before marriage....

But everything else adds up to priorities that have nothing to do with the Democrat Party I once knew.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page