A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:48:50 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cabela's in Bixby & Sand Springs  (Read 36287 times)
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2006, 09:31:10 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by SoonerRiceGrad

quote:
Originally posted by Oil Capital

quote:

We're waiting for a tentative announcement of one in Moore, but then again, aren't we all!

But two for Tulsa? At first that sounds plain silly, sort of like the "Double Decker Wal Mart", but actually Omaha, the birth place of Cabela's I think, is a little smaller than us and has two stores.

Actually, according to Cabela's website, there are currently NO Cabela's in Omaha.  One is scheduled to open November 3, with no plans for a second.

My source is http://eomaha.com [Wink].

Link doesn't work

SoonerRiceGrad
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006, 11:18:50 pm »

Calling jhuston...

Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2006, 11:48:13 am »

quote:

Calling jhuston...

In any event, I'm thinking Cabela's own website might be a little more authoritative.

Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2006, 12:37:31 pm »

Ok...I've talked to some people "in the know" and the one in Bixby is supposed to be a go. They had no idea where the talk of a store in Sand Springs came from.
SoonerRiceGrad
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2006, 12:51:50 pm »

Oil... the Cheesecake Factory only added the OKC location two weeks before Grand Opening.

At any rate, should be a great development for Bixby. Perhaps that could get their riverfront rolling, should they be able to get it built there.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2006, 01:26:54 pm »

Once again it seems to me like Sand Springs misses the boat. I'm beginning to wonder IF anything will ever happen there or if the Vision 2025 corridor redevelopment there will just be a big patch of empty dirt.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2006, 02:03:01 pm »

quote:

Oil... the Cheesecake Factory only added the OKC location two weeks before Grand Opening.

Yea, that may be.  But they did indeed add it before they opened, right?  Your earlier post said that "Omaha HAS 2 Cabela's stores."  The fact that Cabela's website mentions ZERO current stores in Omaha, but in fact mentions one coming soon, suggests rather strongly that is NOT the case.  I guess you can believe whomever you want, but I'll take Cabela's website as more authoritative on the matter than a random posting on a random forum, especially one that doesn't even have an operating website.

SoonerRiceGrad
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2006, 02:17:21 pm »

Addressing the topic:

quote:
Originally posted by wavoka

Once again it seems to me like Sand Springs misses the boat. I'm beginning to wonder IF anything will ever happen there or if the Vision 2025 corridor redevelopment there will just be a big patch of empty dirt.

Actually aren't there some condos that were either just built or are under construction along the river front there?
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2006, 02:52:24 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by wavoka

I hate to say it, but for most people in the Tulsa metro, Sand Springs is like no-mans-land.  I mean, its even beyond downtown which no one goes to.  My memories of Sand Springs from passing through there on occasion with my family when I was a kid was it was just a bunch of old abandoned crappy warehouses and factories for the most part.

But if there is a tiny bit of potential for the Channels to actually be successful, to me, it would be in what developments could occur to the west of downtown Tulsa along that "15 mile lake" or whatever they are claiming.  The islands seem to the be focus tho, and perhaps they just plan to flood everything west of Tulsa and forget about it Smiley

But Sand Springs isn't going to be a destination for anyone living east of highway 75 or so, until (if) in the very far future this city/metro area somehow becomes more centered on downtown instead of sprawling south and east.

SoonerRiceGrad
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2006, 04:36:38 pm »

That's the point of the Keystone Corridor Redevelopment proposal and the Downtown Sand Springs Redevelopment plans. Last year is the last I heard from DT Sand Springs. Installing street lamps...
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2006, 05:02:57 pm »

No new condos here. There was a new apartment complex that went up and has now opened, but it isn't anything special.

Yeah they installed new street lamps downtown and are now renovating the downtown triangle, but that is it. Of course to hear the city leaders here talk it is the greatest thing in the world. Ohhhhhhhhh new street lamps. That will surely make Sand Springs a destination spots.

Bunch of head in the sand stuck in the past do nothing city leaders. I'm sure Charles Page is spinning in his grave over their ineptitude.
tomokla
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2006, 09:12:29 pm »

Gotta disagree on Sand Springs.  I am a Broken Arrow native and find the west side very attractive in both economic development potential and general aesthetics.  Has SS been behind the curve over the last 15 years?  You bet, but I also think that many of the other suburbs have sold their souls to short-term development.  Will Sand Springs develope the Keystone Corridor?  Sure it will - and I think the next 12-24 months will be full of good news for the west side.  As a young Tulsan, I can honestly say I rarely ventured further west then Brookside until a couple of years ago, but can now say I'm impressed with the Sand Springs area beyond words.  This side has a way to go, but I have no doubt its on the right track.  I certainly do my part to help it along, as it is a "community" effort that takes more then random website postings.  

As for some of the other points:

*The Arkansas River Master Plan does show condos along the river for preliminary design...is that a reality?  Who knows

*Streets lamps are part of the Vision 2025 Downtowns and Neighborhoods appropriation.  Are they the best thing since sliced bread?  No - But they look good and will (along with the Triangle Improvements) keep Sand Springs historic downtown looking good.  I don't think a little optimisim ever hurts.
SoonerRiceGrad
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2006, 07:47:33 pm »

Sorry, Flyingcowz had me under the impression a year ago those were to break ground.
Rowdy
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2006, 08:38:59 pm »

I live within a mile of 121st and Mem.  Where on earth would they put a Cabela's?  On the NW corner?
perspicuity85
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2006, 05:50:19 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

quote:
Originally posted by NellieBly

When they built Woodland Hills Mall, 71st and Memorial certainly wasn't ready for the traffic. You know how they do things here, build it up create a huge traffic mess, then spend four or five years building the roads. Memorial is a 4-lane road with left turn lanes well past (south of) 121st street. It seems more capable of handling the traffic than most other south Tulsa roads.

go to bixby sometime...the road changes for the worst past 111th.  Bixby doesn't allow certain left hand turns at all.  Memorial is a total wreck in bixby city limits.  this is typical of all the parasite burbs though, the good roads run right up to their borders.  Ever wondered why Mingo between 81st/101st is 2 lane>?  because it takes an act of congress to ge BA to chip in for their share.  thats also why 101st between mem and mingo will never be 4 lane because bixby will never chip in their share, even though the will benefit from it.  development on tulsa's borders are the worst because the burbs want all of the benefit and none of the cost.

Roads that sit directly on city boundaries have to be widened by Tulsa County, not the cities.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org