A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:58:18 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Relocating from Brazil to Tulsa  (Read 16633 times)
TulsaFan-inTexas
« on: November 20, 2006, 09:30:12 am »

If someone were relocating from South America to Tulsa would this (Tulsa Ahora) forum be a good source of information and support? In short, would they be welcomed here and in a sense mentored if they had any questions?

Rosila
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 07:11:59 am »

Have you get information about your question? I would like to know, I am from Brazil and I am going to move too
MichaelC
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 04:20:14 pm »

That's actually a very good question.  It's always a bit of mixed bag when you ask a question on here, would hope that civilization would prevail in such a case.  

Tulsa Ahora is probably going to be the best bet.  Forum Chat might have better exposure, but that also may be a drawback.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 10:14:33 pm »

I would suggest here primarily if you're looking for a spanish-speaking response. That makes up a sadly small part of the forum.
HoneySuckle
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 10:18:19 am »

I would be glad to help if I can[Smiley]

Hablo Espanol aunque no perfecto pero me gustaria ayudarles.

jorge
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 01:35:18 pm »

I can help too.

Jorge
joiei
City Father

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 03:23:44 pm »

For some reason, I was under the impression that in Brazil the primary language was Portugese, not Spanish.  I could be wrong.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Rosila
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 09:14:04 am »

Yes, you are right. The language spoken in my country, Brazil, is portuguese and not spanish. By the way I have not found  brazilian people in this site.[Sad]
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 08:22:55 am »

From what I know, there is not a huge Brazilian population in Tulsa.  Actually, I do not know of a city in the US with a notably large Brazilian population.  My ignorance probably.

I'm guessing you know Brian Harrington... he hosts a ton of students from Brazil and speaks Portuguese.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Rosila
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 04:42:13 pm »

No, I do not know Brian Harrington. I have been here since last february. I came over here to marry my husband,  an american. I really would like to meet brazilian people in Tulsa.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org