A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:58:27 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa Drillers - Texas League Baseball  (Read 6272 times)
MichaelC
« on: January 09, 2006, 08:39:32 pm »

The Tulsa Drillers begin their season April 6th, 2006 at 7:05 PM with a 4 game home stand against the Wichita Wrangler.

For a complete schedule click HERE

For ticket info click HERE

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 08:45:55 pm »

Here is the new manager for the Drillers...

http://tulsadrillers.com/news/drillers/?id=3220

Power is nothing till you use it.
MichaelC
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 09:18:00 pm »

I'm ready for baseball.  I barely watch the NFL playoffs (though I was kind of bummed by Cincy's loss, go Seahawks!), and I don't do basketball much.

Baseball is easy, cheap, and fun to watch in person.  Just like I like it.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 09:35:53 pm »

We went to at least 20 games last year and had a great time.

I especially like the Sunday afternoon games. We have enough time after church to go home and change, then go to the stadium just before 1pm.

Kids in uniform get to go on the field and get tips from the players. My kids come back to the stands just so excited because the players treat them like stars.  

The other thing we do is to go to the games late for dessert during the summer. They have excellent choices in cotton candy, ice cream in a helmet and cracker jack.

My company also schedules a picnic every year for all the workers at our centers. The Drillers serve you an all you can eat meal before the game for under 9 dollars that can't be beat.

Go Drillers. If I ever win the big powerball lottery I want to buy the team and change nothing.

MichaelC
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 10:08:12 pm »

I haven't gotten in the habit of going regularly yet.  I usually make 5 games or less a year.  It's kind of like "an alternative to going to the movies" for me.

But I've never had a bad experience at that park.  Came close to getting my skull crushed by a ball once when sitting over the home dugout, but "close" isn't a bad experience.

Otherwise, in comparison to other sports, baseball seems awfully enjoyable and relaxing to me.
MichaelC
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 11:26:16 pm »

http://tulsadrillers.com/news/drillers/?id=3492

Driller's Stadium 25th Anniversary logo

Ignignokt
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 08:05:01 pm »

Drillers now 4-0. Best record in the texas league (although this is VERY early in the season...)

http://tulsadrillers.com/news/drillers/?id=3806
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 08:14:58 am »

We went to the game on Sunday. The team looks very good. The third basemen, Ian Stewart (the number one prospect in the organiztion)hit the go-ahead home run in the eighth.

The pitching has been amazing so far. The team totals show 48 strikeouts and only 15 walks so far. No wonder the team is 5 and 0.

DM
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 08:17:55 am »

I have a question. They are scheduled to have fireworks on April 29th. What if the burn ban is still in effect? Are they still able to have fireworks? If so, why?
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 08:25:05 am »

That's a good question. I would wait until we are a little closer to worry about it, though.

We love the foreworks show and I am amazed how nice a show they put on.

We try to go to those Saturday night games, but we also park in the Lowe's parking lot across the street sometimes.

MichaelC
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 11:09:47 am »

Rockies affiliation extended to 2010

http://www.kotv.com/main/home/storiesNL.asp?whichpage=1&id=102450
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 02:13:12 pm »

I am going to tonight's game. We will be giving out free trees as you leave.

First 1,000 fans also get a free t-shirt.

RLitterell
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2006, 11:26:21 am »

Does anyone remember how Drillers Stadium was built?, Who put up the money. Remember Robert B. Sutton?
Here is a link that sort of tell the story about his downfall. Driller Stadium was first named for Robert B. Sutton until....http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A05E4D61238F931A1575BC0A962948260
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org