A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:36:55 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquor Distributors in Oklahoma  (Read 6544 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« on: December 06, 2023, 11:53:10 am »

Im trying to find a seasonal beer that liquor stores have told me Tulsa-area distributors wont carry, but OKC does.

Where would I start -- calling stores in OKC or distributors?  Buy online?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2023, 02:09:33 pm »

Im trying to find a seasonal beer that liquor stores have told me Tulsa-area distributors wont carry, but OKC does.

Where would I start -- calling stores in OKC or distributors?  Buy online?

Looks like maybe they aren't making it this year.

https://www.leinie.com

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2023, 02:48:32 pm »

I think Red Arrow is right that they're not brewing it this year. I checked Total Wine here and the only brews they have are Berry Weiss, Juicy Peach, and Summer Shandy. Checked some of the local grocery stores and they seem to be carrying Berry Weiss and Red Ale.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 02:54:40 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2023, 04:06:26 pm »

I think Red Arrow is right that they're not brewing it this year. I checked Total Wine here and the only brews they have are Berry Weiss, Juicy Peach, and Summer Shandy. Checked some of the local grocery stores and they seem to be carrying Berry Weiss and Red Ale.

Thanks. Odd that they only carry the fruit-flavored versions and not even the "plain" version.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2023, 10:05:00 pm »

When I first moved to Phoenix in '98 there was a Leinenkugel's Restaurant and Sports Bar about 100' from one of the entrances to Chase Field (formerly Bank One Ballpark) and a block from Footprint (America West) arena downtown. Went there a few times to eat and have some beers before a ball game, but just never warmed up to their beers.

It was a popular brand here for a few years, but really doesn't have a big presence lately. I know a lot of brewers like them do seasonal beers, but they seem to come out with some and then never or very rarely repeat them. Looked on their site and they didn't even show a distributor for OK, but I did see a place in Owasso called Kwenchers that listed Leinenkugel on their site.

The restaurant lasted about five years and then changed to Extra Innings, Sliders, Game 7 and is now a Guy Fieri  place with a Caesars Sports Book in it as well.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2023, 10:40:20 pm »

Looks like Founders Brewing makes a Vanilla Porter.  I haven't tried it since it isn't at my local store.  Founders web site indicates it's available at a few locations around town.

https://foundersbrewing.com/beer/find-our-beer/?store_type=off&brand=Vanilla+Porter&miles=15&zip=74101&submit-locator=

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2023, 10:52:31 pm »

Looks like Founders Brewing makes a Vanilla Porter.  I haven't tried it since it isn't at my local store.  Founders web site indicates it's available at a few locations around town.

https://foundersbrewing.com/beer/find-our-beer/?store_type=off&brand=Vanilla+Porter&miles=15&zip=74101&submit-locator=

Interesting. There is a Total Wine just north of me that carries both their Porter and Vanilla Porter about 6 miles from me, and the Vanilla Porter shows to be sold at the Fry's (Kroger) that I shop at. Will have to check and see if they have any this weekend.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2023, 08:53:07 am »

It was a popular brand here for a few years, but really doesn't have a big presence lately. I know a lot of brewers like them do seasonal beers, but they seem to come out with some and then never or very rarely repeat them. Looked on their site and they didn't even show a distributor for OK, but I did see a place in Owasso called Kwenchers that listed Leinenkugel on their site.

Ive been trying to find a good photo of the Leinenkugel canoe hanging above the bar at McNellies downtown. Sort of flies in the face of a distributors comment that its not a beer Okies buy.

Breckenridge Brewery out of Colorado makes something similar, but absent some ingredients of the Snowdrift Porter. Close but no cigar.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org