A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:10:51 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa and NWA are becoming a "super region"  (Read 5084 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« on: July 12, 2023, 06:39:00 pm »

Interesting article and study on the planned future of the US-412 Corridor

https://www.axios.com/local/nw-arkansas/2023/07/12/tulsa-northwest-arkansas-super-region

https://heartlandforward.org/case-study/regional-collaboration/
D-TownTulsan
Activist

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2023, 07:33:21 am »

This is actually pretty awesome and I hope that the regions' relationship grows from this. I graduated from Arkansas in 2015 and loved that 412 commute (minus that Silom Springs part). Gotta come up with a funky name though... "The SoonerHog zone" or something lol. Unrelated, but I think Oklahoma joining the SEC may bolster that Tulsa-NWA connection even more.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2023, 11:30:30 am »

This is actually pretty awesome and I hope that the regions' relationship grows from this. I graduated from Arkansas in 2015 and loved that 412 commute (minus that Silom Springs part). Gotta come up with a funky name though... "The SoonerHog zone" or something lol. Unrelated, but I think Oklahoma joining the SEC may bolster that Tulsa-NWA connection even more.

I don't think I would take too much stock in the SEC being a benefit. The PAC 12 is now non-existent with teams going to the Big 12, Big 10 and Mountain West and Stanford going Big 10, Big 12 or even Independent. USC and UCLA are going to the Big 10 as well.

I think within the next 5 years the conferences will shift more and the names they go by will be gone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org