A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:52:23 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Uptown/18th & Boston Area  (Read 6627 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2022, 08:34:19 pm »

Does anyone know if this building at 18th and Cincinnati is still slated to be remodeled and occupied?  I know there was talk about it on this forum awhile back.

I’ve heard it is still happening and will be a neighborhood bistro concept with outdoor seating by the McNellies Group.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2023, 08:36:48 am »

Looking ahead now that we're in 2023 this year should see some positive growth for this district.  The rehab of the old Burnco building and adjacent parking lot into new retail/restaurant storefronts is underway.  The old American Solera will be opening this spring as an outpost of Welltown Brewery/Nuggies chicken that will have a rooftop patio.  360 Engineering's new 2-story CLT office building at 17th & Boulder will start construction in the next couple months.  And the Brut Hotel will also be opening a couple blocks away this spring and will have a rooftop restaurant/bar called Soma.  

The city really needs to invest in a streetscape for this area and finally improve the 18th & Boston intersection.  The condition of the streets are really bad.  Hopefully whatever they do they include trees/landscaping as that would go a long way toward improving the streetscape.  I'd like to see some new residential developments get proposed this year too.  Boulder Towers will be ripe for a conversion to apartments once H&P and CBRE move downtown.

Another rendering of the new storefronts along Boston
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 01:29:04 pm by SXSW » Logged

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2023, 10:23:45 am »

The building next to TXMZ (I think it most recently had a law office sign) has been torn down. Hopefully there's a plan and not just another open lot.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2023, 11:37:13 am »

Spoke with some movers and shakers from this area of town the other night and there's some real momentum to get the area cleaned up and more active again. I heard talk of a food truck park going in behind TXMX and a new bar sort of similar to Yard Bar with a focus on being dog-friendly going in south of Shrine. https://www.tailsandalestulsa.com/
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2023, 12:14:42 pm »

Did Blue Rose close? (Edit: I guess it was most recently called Sandbar?) Whatever was in that building is being marketed.

I just don't drive past it that much anymore I tend to also turn up Boulder. That site is being marketed for sale/lease. I think it's just for lease but the broker is marketing it really confusingly on Costar.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 12:53:34 pm by LandArchPoke » Logged
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2023, 04:09:15 pm »

Did Blue Rose close? (Edit: I guess it was most recently called Sandbar?) Whatever was in that building is being marketed.

I just don't drive past it that much anymore I tend to also turn up Boulder. That site is being marketed for sale/lease. I think it's just for lease but the broker is marketing it really confusingly on Costar.

I think they close during the winter and open back up in the spring.  I'm sure they're looking forward to Zink Dam being finished later this summer

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2023, 05:09:44 pm »

Wait, is there a for lease sign on the building? If so that's disappointing that yard bar/sand bar aren't returning this year. The spot has it's issues... It's pretty seasonal and people don't really come out there in bad weather. Decent burgers though and yard bar on a nice day is one of my favorite hangouts in Tulsa.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2023, 12:03:24 pm »

The spot has it's issues... It's pretty seasonal and people don't really come out there in bad weather.

I'm sure the city, county and state have done all they can regarding permits, fees, taxes.... to prevent a seasonal business from having any chance to succeed.

Sad

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2023, 02:07:58 pm »

I'm sure the city, county and state have done all they can regarding permits, fees, taxes.... to prevent a seasonal business from having any chance to succeed.

Sad

I'm not sure why these operated only as seasonal. The weather in Tulsa is warm enough they could operate year round.

Wait, is there a for lease sign on the building? If so that's disappointing that yard bar/sand bar aren't returning this year. The spot has it's issues... It's pretty seasonal and people don't really come out there in bad weather. Decent burgers though and yard bar on a nice day is one of my favorite hangouts in Tulsa.

If the marketing for it is correct it looks like one or both will not be re-opening.

It says $25.00 NNN for lease on Costar but it doesn't say for which part. It also shows as for sale for $2.5 million which doesn't make sense and then it shows as a ground lease... It's amazing that brokers can't figure out how to properly market something when that is literally the very basics of thier job. So I have no idea whether River Parks is trying to sell the buildings or lease them or both
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2023, 09:33:59 pm »

Any updates on Sandbar and Yard Bar?  I know RPA can be difficult and wonder if they were part of the reason they closed.  Hoping a local group can take it over and have success. 

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2023, 10:40:31 am »

The Burnco rebuild including the new building on the parking lot to the north are in for building permit.  Not sure when they plan to actually start construction but progress nonetheless. 

There has been some kind of a shipping container storage building erected where the small building was next to TXMZ.  I've been told they want to add a food truck next to it.  Boston Ave Realty (owners of TXMZ and the buildings to the north) have been trying to acquire the apartments behind to expand their parking lot and eventually develop a corner restaurant building at 18th & Baltimore.

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2023, 12:22:03 pm »

The Burnco rebuild including the new building on the parking lot to the north are in for building permit.  Not sure when they plan to actually start construction but progress nonetheless. 

There has been some kind of a shipping container storage building erected where the small building was next to TXMZ.  I've been told they want to add a food truck next to it.  Boston Ave Realty (owners of TXMZ and the buildings to the north) have been trying to acquire the apartments behind to expand their parking lot and eventually develop a corner restaurant building at 18th & Baltimore.

I think there is a coffee shop going into the shipping containers or some sort of food/beverage and there will be food trucks in addition to that too. McNellies group looks to be moving on with work over at 18th & Cincinnati - I forget what type of concept they are putting in there though. So some things are moving along in that neighborhood which is nice to see. Cherry Street doesn't have a lot left for redevelopment so this seems like a nature spill over area with a ton of potential. 15th west of Peoria could really use a road diet and some streetscaping to make the two areas feel more connected.   
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org