A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:05:55 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: South Memorial Drive  (Read 5090 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« on: July 07, 2022, 04:41:03 pm »

Work appears to be nearing completion on Memorial between 101st and 111th to limit left turns across 3 lanes of traffic with concrete lane guides, FINALLY.  Left turns from north or south bound Memorial are still possible.  Crossing 3 lanes of southbound Memorial to go north or crossing 3 lanes of northbound Memorial to turn south is what's restricted.

To go north from Walmart, one needs to go to 111th or the traffic light by the Credit Union at 109th.  Crossing Memorial using the exit from the south side of Braum's is blocked.
Although, yesterday I saw a driver exit Walmart, cross 3 lanes of southbound Memorial, enter the northbound left turn lane headed south and then execute a U-turn to go north.

Turning north on Memorial from the Fitness Center complex at 106th Place by First Pryority Bank is now blocked.  There have been several bad accidents there over the years. 

The intersection at 106 St/Regal Blvd is still full access since there is a traffic light there.

The south side entrance to Costco (Aldi on the east) at 103rd is full access with a traffic light.

The north side exit from Costco (102nd by What-a-Burger on the east) is restricted.

I've seen a lot of U-turns at the traffic lights lately.

https://goo.gl/maps/mNReUCqQwsQYpj2P9

I am still confident that someone will get hurt or killed.  All the left turns at the traffic lights are left turn on green arrow only.

At least we don't have 3 more traffic lights.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 06:03:33 pm »

Work appears to be nearing completion on Memorial between 101st and 111th to limit left turns across 3 lanes of traffic with concrete lane guides, FINALLY.  Left turns from north or south bound Memorial are still possible.  Crossing 3 lanes of southbound Memorial to go north or crossing 3 lanes of northbound Memorial to turn south is what's restricted.

To go north from Walmart, one needs to go to 111th or the traffic light by the Credit Union at 109th.  Crossing Memorial using the exit from the south side of Braum's is blocked.
Although, yesterday I saw a driver exit Walmart, cross 3 lanes of southbound Memorial, enter the northbound left turn lane headed south and then execute a U-turn to go north.

Turning north on Memorial from the Fitness Center complex at 106th Place by First Pryority Bank is now blocked.  There have been several bad accidents there over the years. 

The intersection at 106 St/Regal Blvd is still full access since there is a traffic light there.

The south side entrance to Costco (Aldi on the east) at 103rd is full access with a traffic light.

The north side exit from Costco (102nd by What-a-Burger on the east) is restricted.

I've seen a lot of U-turns at the traffic lights lately.

https://goo.gl/maps/mNReUCqQwsQYpj2P9

I am still confident that someone will get hurt or killed.  All the left turns at the traffic lights are left turn on green arrow only.

At least we don't have 3 more traffic lights.

Do you know when the state will start on the new Creek Turnpike exit on Memorial?
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 06:38:29 pm »

Do you know when the state will start on the new Creek Turnpike exit on Memorial?

No idea.  I have no inside information.

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2023, 12:05:20 pm »

Construction is starting on the diverging diamond under the Creek Turnpike at Memorial in a few days.

I hope there's a traffic camera set up afterwards to watch all the confused drivers haha. This will help traffic a lot I think once people get used to it, they really aren't that hard just not something common up here yet.

https://www.fox23.com/news/major-intersection-improvement-project-begins-feb-6-tulsa/CJFKZ53PRFCFFLZKAVRGBOWZ3Y/
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2023, 12:28:44 pm »

Construction is starting on the diverging diamond under the Creek Turnpike at Memorial in a few days.

That'll be a good place to avoid.  Traffic on Sheridan and Mingo will be absurd during the construction. 

Maybe it will help in the long run.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2023, 02:32:06 pm »

I am glad going that way is very optional for us!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2023, 06:42:47 am »

I hope there's a traffic camera set up afterwards to watch all the confused drivers haha. This will help traffic a lot I think once people get used to it, they really aren't that hard just not something common up here yet.

https://www.fox23.com/news/major-intersection-improvement-project-begins-feb-6-tulsa/CJFKZ53PRFCFFLZKAVRGBOWZ3Y/

It will be better once all done and people acclimate themselves to it.  I drove several of these (mainly in SW Missouri as I believe between Joplin and Springfield they have three) and traffic flow is much better when they are in place.  But there will be a learning curve for drivers.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2023, 07:20:58 am »

I am glad going that way is very optional for us!

My passport is expired so I never head that far south anymore.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2023, 10:24:14 am »

My passport is expired so I never head that far south anymore.

Get it renewed so you can try out the intersection when it's completed.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org