A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:08:04 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kirkpatrick Heights Greenwood Master Plan  (Read 2269 times)
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« on: June 29, 2022, 07:19:34 pm »

Anyone check on the released North Tulsa Master Plan? Still digesting it... they came out swinging. Even included a streetcar and some protected bike lanes. Would love to hear your thoughts.

https://www.ourlegacytulsa.org/draft-plan
ELG4America
Activist

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 02:51:33 pm »

I've only skimmed so far but wow! Great place to start. I really love "the core" part of the plan. Especially the version centered around the traffic circle. I'm a little more skeptical of other parts but "the core" seems like an excellent use of that space and a very reasonable but still ambitious development goal.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 04:58:24 pm »

Some good ideas in there. The streetcar is definitely overkill unless it is extended way into downtown Tulsa. That area is perfectly walkable without mass transit. The goal of a mass transit system is to move people from area A to area B, not just a few hundred feet to the next couple storefronts. You want to bring people in from the Blue Dome at the very least.

Cleaning up the underpasses would be good, but where is everyone going to go?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 11:14:46 pm »

Some good ideas in there. The streetcar is definitely overkill unless it is extended way into downtown Tulsa. That area is perfectly walkable without mass transit. The goal of a mass transit system is to move people from area A to area B, not just a few hundred feet to the next couple storefronts. You want to bring people in from the Blue Dome at the very least.

Cleaning up the underpasses would be good, but where is everyone going to go?

Hopefully at some point there won’t be underpasses because 244 will have been demolished

AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2022, 09:41:30 am »

Hopefully at some point there won’t be underpasses because 244 will have been demolished

I would like to see a market developed under the overpass where Greenwood passes under I-244.  It could be made like a smaller version of London's Borough Market.
Okie1986
Tourist

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2022, 03:57:47 pm »

If they were smart they would make the highway go underground, giving available space to develop for parks, condos, etc. just my thought. Dallas does the same thing between the financial district and uptown and it connected both sides beautifully. Would be cool to see Tulsa do that.
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2022, 05:53:51 pm »

If they were smart they would make the highway go underground, giving available space to develop for parks, condos, etc. just my thought. Dallas does the same thing between the financial district and uptown and it connected both sides beautifully. Would be cool to see Tulsa do that.

It would be cool and also holy crap crazy expensive. Didn't the Dallas one cost $4b over 10 years ago?
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2022, 09:30:27 am »

If they were smart they would make the highway go underground, giving available space to develop for parks, condos, etc.

It would make a great place to collect rain runoff too.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org