A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:53:13 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Global tech company to locate new, North American headquarters at MidAmerica  (Read 4776 times)
Rattle Trap
Activist

« on: March 07, 2022, 04:09:30 pm »

Panasonic or something else?

https://tulsaworld.com/business/local/global-tech-company-to-locate-new-north-american-headquarters-at-midamerica-industrial-park/article_f195bcbc-9e59-11ec-8c48-9bb7b75dcec3.html?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_TulsaWorldBiz
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 04:18:04 pm »

Article says it is not Panasonic. So what is it?
Rattle Trap
Activist

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 04:24:38 pm »

Article says it is not Panasonic. So what is it?

"Atleast" 250 megawatts of GRDA power is pretty substantial. Maybe another data center or something....
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022, 08:57:55 pm »

"Atleast" 250 megawatts of GRDA power is pretty substantial. Maybe another data center or something....

Only thing that seems off about that is the 'North American HQ' part because I don't think a company would call a data center that? Who knows though. Surprised this one flew under the radar without much getting out about it, this is the first I've heard of it.

I really hope they've got a housing plan for that area because man if this, Canoo, and Panasonic go in... I've also heard of a lot of others looking at MAIP too. Could see 10,000+ direct/indirect new jobs there in the next few years which is just crazy. You're talking about needing to build an Owasso in the next three-four years just to accommodate that type of growth. 1 direct job leads to 1.5-2 indirect jobs plus average family/household sizes being usually 2-2.5 people. It starts adding up fast.

Article in today's World talking about how fast rents are growing in Tulsa, buckle up.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 09:08:32 pm »

Only thing that seems off about that is the 'North American HQ' part because I don't think a company would call a data center that? Who knows though. Surprised this one flew under the radar without much getting out about it, this is the first I've heard of it.

I really hope they've got a housing plan for that area because man if this, Canoo, and Panasonic go in... I've also heard of a lot of others looking at MAIP too. Could see 10,000+ direct/indirect new jobs there in the next few years which is just crazy. You're talking about needing to build an Owasso in the next three-four years just to accommodate that type of growth. 1 direct job leads to 1.5-2 indirect jobs plus average family/household sizes being usually 2-2.5 people. It starts adding up fast.

Article in today's World talking about how fast rents are growing in Tulsa, buckle up.

Buy land in Inola.  It's the next Owasso.
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2022, 09:56:35 pm »

Buy land in Inola.  It's the next Owasso.

It's the next Otisburg!!

Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2022, 10:12:50 pm »

Surprised this one flew under the radar without much getting out about it, this is the first I've heard of it.

It’s been tightly embargoed. My usual sources either didn’t know or are playing dumb. Nobody’s saying a word … best I’ve gotten is “maybe a European automaker.”
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2022, 10:04:07 am »

I agree, "NA HeadQuarters" makes it seem like more than just a manufacturing or data center facility. Really exciting stuff, I can't wait to hear who it is.

I agree on the comment about rents... hopefully the Tulsa Metro sees these developments and starts building more apartments and houses.

If we want to get real ambitious, let's start planning an east-west light rail line from downtown out towards Inola/Pryor/MAIP. Let's move Tulsa forward and build some real transportation and density Grin.
AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2022, 11:01:27 am »

I agree, "NA HeadQuarters" makes it seem like more than just a manufacturing or data center facility. Really exciting stuff, I can't wait to hear who it is.

I agree on the comment about rents... hopefully the Tulsa Metro sees these developments and starts building more apartments and houses.

If we want to get real ambitious, let's start planning an east-west light rail line from downtown out towards Inola/Pryor/MAIP. Let's move Tulsa forward and build some real transportation and density Grin.

It is both.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2022, 12:06:07 pm »

Rail service during the commuting hours would maybe work.  Off peak might need to be supplemented with bus service similar to the New Mexico Rail Runner.  NM was fortunate enough to already have the rails there.  Us, not so fortunate.
https://www.riometro.org/395/New-Mexico-Rail-Runner-Express

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2022, 04:32:16 pm »

Why not a fleet of self-driving Canoos?
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2022, 08:34:37 am »

Why not a fleet of self-driving Canoos?

Sounds like a 4th of July float trip.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2022, 10:18:09 am »

Germany based software company, Northern Data AG. Sounds like it's a mixture of data center and other cloud related stuff. Not a bad get, we could use a lot more of these types of firms to really build up the software engineer employment in this area.

Officials say Northern Data AG's $270 million investment will create 150 jobs and "enable true cloud computing services, clearly going beyond providing just cash-rich proof of work for blockchain."

https://northerndata.de/en/
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 10:20:23 am by LandArchPoke » Logged
Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2022, 10:33:26 am »

So it’s essentially a crypto mining operation.
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2022, 10:43:02 am »

Huh, pretty interesting! Sounds like a combo of cloud computing and hosting as well as crypto mining. It's not quite as exciting as I might have hoped, but it's a good get for the area to be sure.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org