A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:26:55 am
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhymes with "Stitt"  (Read 37099 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2022, 08:25:24 pm »

Maybe the Dems should pull a page from the Republican playbook and instead call him Mitch McCommunism since his wife was born in the PRC. It's a logical conclusion by their rules.

He is already Moscow Mitch.   I guess he could have two names since he is completely two faced.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #151 on: January 22, 2022, 07:51:50 am »

He is already Moscow Mitch.   I guess he could have two names since he is completely two faced.

True dat. I'd just like the Communist tag to be stuck to the Republicans better - Moscow Mitch has a nice ring to it but it doesn't really drive the point home as well as I think it needs to. Now we might be able to get Bolshevik Boebert to start trending....

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #152 on: January 22, 2022, 02:11:58 pm »

True dat. I'd just like the Communist tag to be stuck to the Republicans better - Moscow Mitch has a nice ring to it but it doesn't really drive the point home as well as I think it needs to. Now we might be able to get Bolshevik Boebert to start trending....

Lol...might work!

Bolshebert?

The real thing about any extremist ideology is that it really isn't a straight line.  It is a circle.  Going far right or far left, one ends up meeting at the far side of the circle!   Both are extremist BS positions!   Today's fascists, like the Trumpty-Dumpty Clown Show, are the exact same as the Putin Russian Communists.  Not symbolic of a true conservative or liberal position, just adherents and advocates of tin-horn dictatorship regimes that are toxic to everyone except the people raking in the $Billions from their position of power.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 02:13:43 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2022, 11:18:25 am »

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2022, 01:15:17 pm »

OKLAHOMA CITY — Opponents of Gov. Kevin Stitt launched a high-profile salvo against the sitting governor, spending thousands to air an attack ad on television screens across Oklahoma during Sunday’s Super Bowl game.

The 30-second commercial poked at Stitt’s 2019 State of the State address, where he outlined his vision to make Oklahoma a Top 10 state.

“Kevin Stitt, Top 10 talk, but not Top 10 results,” according to the commercial.

The group noted that Oklahoma is in fact in the bottom 10 in key categories. In September 2021, Oklahoma ranked 49th in education and 43rd in public safety, and had a higher rate of violent crime than New York and California, according to the commercial.

A political action committee, the Oklahoma Project, has already raised $245,000, according to campaign filings. The group aims to support legislation and candidates that will improve the lives of all Oklahomans. In December, the group said it planned to spend $500,000 on TV, radio and digital advertisements ahead of Stitt’s bid for re-election later this year.

The Oklahoma Project paid the Oklahoma City NBC affiliate $50,000 to air the 30-second Super Bowl commercial during halftime, according to disclosures filed with the Federal Communications Commission. It also paid the Ada NBC affiliate $8,500 to air it.

The commercial also aired right after the game in NBC’s Tulsa market, but FCC filings as of Monday afternoon did not show how much the group spent to air it.

Sunday’s Super Bowl commercial marked the third TV ad run by the group over the past two months.

Donelle Harder, a spokeswoman for Stitt’s campaign, said that he ran for governor in 2018 to “end politics as usual and to lead a turnaround that is well underway with record low unemployment, the largest state savings in a century and record levels of state investment in education all while cutting taxes for every single Oklahoman.”

In a statement, the Oklahoma Project said it is committed to holding Stitt accountable for his failures. Under Stitt’s leadership, Oklahoma ranks close to last in education, health care and public safety, the group said.

“We think it is important to get these facts out to voters all across our state,” the group said.

https://youtu.be/Kxqu48VrptI

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #155 on: February 18, 2022, 12:44:01 pm »

OKLAHOMA CITY — Opponents of Gov. Kevin Stitt launched a high-profile salvo against the sitting governor, spending thousands to air an attack ad on television screens across Oklahoma during Sunday’s Super Bowl game.

The 30-second commercial poked at Stitt’s 2019 State of the State address, where he outlined his vision to make Oklahoma a Top 10 state.

“Kevin Stitt, Top 10 talk, but not Top 10 results,” according to the commercial.

The group noted that Oklahoma is in fact in the bottom 10 in key categories. In September 2021, Oklahoma ranked 49th in education and 43rd in public safety, and had a higher rate of violent crime than New York and California, according to the commercial.

A political action committee, the Oklahoma Project, has already raised $245,000, according to campaign filings. The group aims to support legislation and candidates that will improve the lives of all Oklahomans. In December, the group said it planned to spend $500,000 on TV, radio and digital advertisements ahead of Stitt’s bid for re-election later this year.

The Oklahoma Project paid the Oklahoma City NBC affiliate $50,000 to air the 30-second Super Bowl commercial during halftime, according to disclosures filed with the Federal Communications Commission. It also paid the Ada NBC affiliate $8,500 to air it.

The commercial also aired right after the game in NBC’s Tulsa market, but FCC filings as of Monday afternoon did not show how much the group spent to air it.

Sunday’s Super Bowl commercial marked the third TV ad run by the group over the past two months.

Donelle Harder, a spokeswoman for Stitt’s campaign, said that he ran for governor in 2018 to “end politics as usual and to lead a turnaround that is well underway with record low unemployment, the largest state savings in a century and record levels of state investment in education all while cutting taxes for every single Oklahoman.”

In a statement, the Oklahoma Project said it is committed to holding Stitt accountable for his failures. Under Stitt’s leadership, Oklahoma ranks close to last in education, health care and public safety, the group said.

“We think it is important to get these facts out to voters all across our state,” the group said.

https://youtu.be/Kxqu48VrptI

Same as when Mary Failin' was in that office.   Remember when Brad Henry was around and we actually made progress - in spite of the Republicontin Obstructionism of that time, too!??

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #156 on: April 12, 2022, 10:47:48 am »

Same as when Mary Failin' was in that office.   Remember when Brad Henry was around and we actually made progress - in spite of the Republicontin Obstructionism of that time, too!??

Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt (R) on Tuesday signed into law a bill that makes providing an abortion a felony.

Driving the news: The legislation bans all abortions unless they're necessary to save a pregnant person's life. A person found guilty of providing an abortion would face up to 10 years in prison and a fine up to $100,000.

Oklahoma's S.B. 612 has no exceptions for rape or incest and is set to go into effect this summer.
    The person receiving the abortion would not be criminally liable.

Catch up fast: The bill's passage last week was unexpected, as the Oklahoma state House approved it a year after it was introduced and cleared by the state
Senate.

Be smart: The bill's signature comes as state lawmakers are considering another near-total abortion ban modeled after Texas' law barring the procedure after six weeks of pregnancy.

That bill, H.B. 4327, would incentivize private citizens to sue anyone suspected of helping a person get an abortion for a reward of at least $10,000.
    If it is signed into law, the bill would go into effect immediately.

What they're saying: "I promised Oklahomans that I would sign every pro-life bill that hit my desk, and that's what we're doing here today," Stitt said in
an event Tuesday morning, joined by several anti-abortion groups.

"We want Oklahoma to be the most pro-life state in the country. We want to outlaw abortion in the state of Oklahoma."
    Stitt acknowledged the likely legal challenges ahead. Oklahoma Attorney General John O'Connor said that he looks forward to "defending this law."

"Oklahoma's total abortion ban is blatantly unconstitutional and will wreak havoc on the lives of people seeking abortion care within and outside the state," said Nancy Northup, president and CEO of the Center for Reproductive Rights, an abortion rights group.

Between the lines: Oklahoma abortion providers have seen an increase in patients from Texas seeking abortion care.

Planned Parenthood clinics in the state reported a 2,500% increase in Texas patients compared to the previous year during the first four months of the state's six-week ban being in effect.
    Stitt said that this bill "will take care" of Texans crossing state borders to obtain abortion care, adding: "We certainly don't want Texans coming up to Oklahoma."

Zoom out: The U.S. Supreme Court is currently considering a case that could throw the future of Roe v. Wade — which established the right to an abortion — into question.

A decision on this case is expected as soon as June.

What we're watching: The Center for Reproductive Rights and Planned Parenthood will challenge the law.

"We’ve sued the state of Oklahoma ten times in the last decade to protect abortion access and we will challenge this law as well to stop this travesty from ever taking effect," Northup said.

https://www.axios.com/oklahoma-governor-signs-law-abortion-ban-753a8c12-578a-493d-8932-a44ada8f0f28.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2022, 05:55:46 pm »

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the Pentagon may take disciplinary action against a lieutenant colonel in the Air Force Reserve who refused to be vaccinated against the coronavirus on religious grounds.

The court’s order, an interim measure that denied relief while appeals proceed, followed a similar ruling last month that said the Navy could consider the vaccination status of 35 of its service members in decisions about where they should be assigned or deployed. The same three justices dissented.

Elizabeth B. Prelogar, the U.S. solicitor general, told the justices that the Air Force had determined, in its military judgment, “that vaccination of service members is an essential component of military readiness and is critical to protecting the health and safety of service members.”

She noted that the military had long required vaccinations, starting in 1777, when George Washington ordered the inoculation of the Continental Army against smallpox. As of early 2021, she wrote, nine vaccines were required for all service members.

Lt. Col. Jonathan Dunn, who has received many other vaccinations without objection, said he decided that the coronavirus vaccine violated his faith after seeing President Biden speak about it, leading him to conclude that “the vaccine ceased to be merely a medical intervention and took on a symbolic and even sacramental quality.”

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #158 on: April 27, 2022, 06:46:52 pm »

Stitt approves parole for man convicted in notorious Tulsa crossbow killing. Stitt is already being targeted in his reelection campaign by ads critical of his decision to approve the 2020 early release of a man named Lawrence Paul Anderson who is accused of fatally stabbing three people in a particularly gruesome attack in Chickasha within weeks of getting out of prison.
Anderson confessed, telling authorities he cut out one victim’s heart to eat. He was released after the governor commuted his sentence for drug dealing and other earlier crimes.
https://tulsaworld.com/news/state-and-regional/stitt-oks-parole-for-ex-tulsa-officer-convicted-in-1982-crossbow-murder-of-michele-powers/article_d253d7dc-c5c6-11ec-a2f2-f3cbd606f0ef.html

It's the Republican way!

While they want a firing squad for someone who is trying to save their lives!

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #159 on: May 05, 2022, 07:08:28 am »

So anyone else think this whole state suing Foggy Bottom Kitchens and Stitt claiming he doesn't know them and now pics come out of Stitt hanging out with the owner stinks of a bribe that didn't go through? Same as when Stitt went after the tribes? Is Stitt our new Spiro Agnew?

/ allegedly of course  Grin

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #160 on: May 05, 2022, 07:31:04 am »

So anyone else think this whole state suing Foggy Bottom Kitchens and Stitt claiming he doesn't know them and now pics come out of Stitt hanging out with the owner stinks of a bribe that didn't go through? Same as when Stitt went after the tribes? Is Stitt our new Spiro Agnew?

/ allegedly of course  Grin

Anyone out there stupid enough to think it is anything else but Oklahoma Graft and Corruption??

Kinda like the guy that has to hang a porkchop around his neck to get the dog to play with him,  Swadley's has to pay to get people to eat their slop!  Have been dragged into their places a few times for work related events in the past and it was just something you pick at a little bit until you get free and can go to McDonald's for some good food!

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #161 on: June 08, 2022, 09:36:41 am »

/ allegedly of course  Grin

Oklahoma County District Attorney David Prater said he is taking seriously a letter sent to him by a bipartisan group of lawmakers expressing concern with a campaign advertisement by Gov. Kevin Stitt featuring his appointed attorney general, John O’Connor.

Eight Republican and Democratic House members wrote to Prater asking him to investigate a 30-second ad the Stitt campaign began running last week. The campaign has booked more than $300,000 of airtime in Oklahoma City and Tulsa television markets this month.  

The state Republican Party’s new chairman, A.J. Ferate, said he fired the party’s general counsel for criticizing the ad.  A.J. Ferate also chastised Duncan for speaking to Oklahoma Watch.

https://oklahomawatch.org/2022/06/07/stitt-campaign-ad-with-attorney-general-draws-further-scrutiny%EF%BF%BC/
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/oklahoma/articles/2022-06-07/district-attorney-confirms-investigation-into-governors-ad

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #162 on: June 09, 2022, 07:42:18 am »

Work in the OK Gov and question Stitt or any of his cronies about conflicts of interest? That's a firin'.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/internal-auditor-at-school-land-office-ousted-amid-questions-about-stitt-appointee/article_e0211232-e69e-11ec-8296-2b25c50d3075.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

Gov. Kevin Stitt appointed Elliot Chambers secretary of the Commissioners of the Land Office in July 2020. Since that time, 32 of 57 full-time employees have been fired, resigned or retired. Four directors of accounting resigned, as well as other higher-ups.

Erin Morgan, an internal auditor who worked  at the Commissioners of the Land Office - the state agency that oversees $2.7 billion in real estate and other investments to support public education - was fired less than a week after looking into conflict of interest concerns raised by another top employee about their boss Elliot Chambers, a gubernatorial appointee.

Interestingly the Tulsa World found most of the records related to this are sealed but did find out that in relation to Erin Morgan's firing - "In exchange for releasing the state from any wrongdoing, Morgan was reinstated temporarily and on administrative leave so that she could become fully vested in her public employee retirement account, agreeing to resign on May 1. She was to receive back pay plus a lump sum payment of about $25,000 from the state, and, additionally, the state was to pay her attorney a lump sum of $15,000."

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #163 on: June 09, 2022, 07:52:50 am »

Work in the OK Gov and question Stitt or any of his cronies about conflicts of interest? That's a firin'.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/internal-auditor-at-school-land-office-ousted-amid-questions-about-stitt-appointee/article_e0211232-e69e-11ec-8296-2b25c50d3075.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

Gov. Kevin Stitt appointed Elliot Chambers secretary of the Commissioners of the Land Office in July 2020. Since that time, 32 of 57 full-time employees have been fired, resigned or retired. Four directors of accounting resigned, as well as other higher-ups.

Erin Morgan, an internal auditor who worked  at the Commissioners of the Land Office - the state agency that oversees $2.7 billion in real estate and other investments to support public education - was fired less than a week after looking into conflict of interest concerns raised by another top employee about their boss Elliot Chambers, a gubernatorial appointee.

Interestingly the Tulsa World found most of the records related to this are sealed but did find out that in relation to Erin Morgan's firing - "In exchange for releasing the state from any wrongdoing, Morgan was reinstated temporarily and on administrative leave so that she could become fully vested in her public employee retirement account, agreeing to resign on May 1. She was to receive back pay plus a lump sum payment of about $25,000 from the state, and, additionally, the state was to pay her attorney a lump sum of $15,000."

And why would anyone with anything even approaching a brain expect anything different in this state??

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #164 on: June 09, 2022, 12:32:45 pm »

And why would anyone with anything even approaching a brain expect anything different in this state??

It is somewhat sad that Boss Hogg in Hazzard was actually less corrupt and much more competent.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org