A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:41:07 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhymes with "Stitt"  (Read 37380 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2021, 07:51:40 pm »

No, you put the lime in the coconut.. Grin

That song has better medical advice than these anti-vaccers.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2021, 08:11:00 pm »

That song has better medical advice than these anti-vaccers.

Yep!

whoatown
Activist

« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2021, 11:28:58 am »

People like you are the reason for changing the definition.  If only ONE person in the world catches Covid19 after vaccination, "immunity" changes to "protection".  Nevermind that most of the world is "protected" from catching Covid19 by vaccination.

I was really trying to refrain from this but are you really that STUPID?

Did you happen to notice that my article is talking about the same thing that patric’s is?  It says the same thing!  Maybe you didn’t read it. 
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2021, 06:46:11 pm »

Did you happen to notice that my article is talking about the same thing that patric’s is?  It says the same thing!  Maybe you didn’t read it.  

Did you happen to notice that the article had nothing to do with vaccine protecting you from hurricanes?  

And yet, you still continued to lie about it.  As we have come to expect....

Or you just looked at the headline and did not even read the article you referenced.

Another Russian Troll Moment.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2021, 09:14:59 pm »

Did you happen to notice that my article is talking about the same thing that patric’s is?  It says the same thing!  Maybe you didn’t read it.  

I read it and came to the same conclusion that Herion did. If there were anything more substantive going on, I would ignore your posts but you do provide some entertainment.

Edit:
I thought I'd better check the definition of substantive.  I was correct.
"having a firm basis in reality and therefore important, meaningful, or considerable."

Actually, there are some more relevant conversations going on but your posts qualify for my comment.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 09:23:24 pm by Red Arrow » Logged

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2021, 09:38:45 pm »

https://www.axios.com/biden-covid-vaccines-hurricane-preparedness-d06a3dbb-fefa-4954-bd52-1d0e70fdfb7d.html
The corona virus vaccine was so good it was supposed to protect me from hurricanes!

Your reading skills are lacking credibility.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2021, 09:41:02 pm »

Did you happen to notice that my article is talking about the same thing that patric’s is?  It says the same thing!  Maybe you didn’t read it. 

Would you please point out your position on this helpful chart?

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2021, 09:50:23 pm »

They really should have specified burning jet fuel and steel beams rather than just jet fuel. Jet fuel is just really clean kerosene (like diesel fuel), doesn't melt steel at normal temperatures.

Sorry.  I am retired but am still an engineer at heart.  Grin

Rest is OK.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 09:51:55 pm by Red Arrow » Logged

whoatown
Activist

« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2021, 12:32:30 pm »

They really should have specified burning jet fuel and steel beams rather than just jet fuel. Jet fuel is just really clean kerosene (like diesel fuel), doesn't melt steel at normal temperatures.

Rest is OK.

Where does Elvis sighting fit in?  I don’t see it on the chart anywhere.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2021, 12:50:09 pm »

Where does Elvis sighting fit in?  I don’t see it on the chart anywhere.

Top right of the lavender color, "Elvis Lives" will have to suffice.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2021, 08:15:10 pm »

Rest is OK.

Jet fuel said to have a burning range -  800 - 1500 F. 

Found this that says softening point of steel around 1,100 F.  (Structural steel 50% failed.)

So there is some overlap.

Engineer moment - well sort of;

One thing I have always wondered about for the towers is how much 'chimney effect' was going on in those buildings, especially near stairwells and elevator shafts.   And how much wind does it take to raise the temp how high?   I know when I blow on coals in the grill, it gets VERY hot in the spot where blowing - with wind speed of maybe a few miles per hour?  And if use a hair dryer, it gets close to forge temps.  Definitely could make steel red and soft.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2021, 08:45:01 pm »

Jet fuel said to have a burning range -  800 - 1500 F. 

Found this that says softening point of steel around 1,100 F.  (Structural steel 50% failed.)

So there is some overlap.

Engineer moment - well sort of;

One thing I have always wondered about for the towers is how much 'chimney effect' was going on in those buildings, especially near stairwells and elevator shafts.   And how much wind does it take to raise the temp how high?   I know when I blow on coals in the grill, it gets VERY hot in the spot where blowing - with wind speed of maybe a few miles per hour?  And if use a hair dryer, it gets close to forge temps.  Definitely could make steel red and soft.

The elevator shafts were in the central core IIRC, and are vented through the roof so when they got ripped open as the plane went through it created a huge place for all the air from the outside to get drawn in at the fire level and get exhausted straight up the shafts and stair wells.

Mix the jet fuel with all the combustible materials already there and you have what I would consider a blast furnace effect.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2021, 09:14:29 pm »

The elevator shafts were in the central core IIRC, and are vented through the roof so when they got ripped open as the plane went through it created a huge place for all the air from the outside to get drawn in at the fire level and get exhausted straight up the shafts and stair wells.

Mix the jet fuel with all the combustible materials already there and you have what I would consider a blast furnace effect.

No doubt about it, just like when there are firenados.  I am just wondering how hot it could get...I think pretty high.  And since jet fuel already burns to the point where steel gets soft and loses 50% strength, I think it made those buildings very weak.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2021, 09:17:12 pm »

Need 3 more pyramids on top of that one....

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2021, 09:45:36 pm »

No doubt about it, just like when there are firenados.  I am just wondering how hot it could get...I think pretty high.  And since jet fuel already burns to the point where steel gets soft and loses 50% strength, I think it made those buildings very weak.

No question that the burning jet fuel, probably enhanced by the fire draft, softened the steel.  It may have melted some but not all of it.  My only comment was that jet fuel, not burning, at normal storage temperatures does not melt steel.  Think of all the storage tanks that don't melt.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org