A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:02:29 am
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PAC Parking Lot Development  (Read 37360 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #135 on: September 19, 2023, 08:44:20 pm »

Safeway in Oklahoma was long ago was spun off to it's own chain, Homeland, which is now gone from Tulsa. Reasor's bought out the Tulsa area Albertsons stores, I'm not sure what happened with the OKC area Albertsons stores.

I don't feel I have a lack of grocery stores to choose from. We mostly shop at Reasor's and Target, but within about a 10 minute drive we also have Walmart, Sprouts, Whole Foods, Fresh Market, Aldi, Sam's, Costco, and various Asian and Hispanic markets to choose from. I don't know Winco. There's also Warehouse Market chain, but I don't know of one close to me.

Winco is from the west and finally moving this way!   One of the kids worked for them for a while and thought very highly of the place - it is where they shopped as much as possible!    Only left due to a move to MN.

While in OKC I would go there quite and bit after they opened up a few years ago and it was excellent!   Really like it a lot!  Have been a few times here but it is out of my normal traffic pattern and I "forget" it is there!   Got to reprogram some neurons!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #136 on: September 19, 2023, 08:46:29 pm »

I'm old school. I pay cash for groceries and things I don't care to keep an itemized record about.  I don't want to put a bag of chips on my credit card.

I put everything on the card!   Costs nothing extra (most places - just a couple of restaurants) and I get points.   Have gotten 2 gopros and some other smaller things.   Getting ready to get third gopro!   Just pay it off every month.... and don't buy ammunition with it!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #137 on: September 19, 2023, 10:04:48 pm »

Winco...
Really like it a lot!  Have been a few times here but it is out of my normal traffic pattern and I "forget" it is there!   Got to reprogram some neurons!

Just remember it's where no one wants to drive because everyone is there.

Grin

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2023, 09:33:32 am »

Just remember it's where no one wants to drive because everyone is there.

Grin

True!  Drove thru yesterday.  Not a fan.   Also went thru OKC and it only reminds me of why I am glad NOT to be there as much as in the past!  Also not a fan.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #139 on: October 12, 2023, 02:23:40 pm »

I wonder if they figure out a way to still build the apartment tower without the grocery store?

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/business/development/supermarket-a-sticking-point-for-downtown-development-though-not-necessary-bynum-says/article_5fedff12-6168-11ee-a9d9-8fe997433023.html

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #140 on: October 12, 2023, 02:44:32 pm »

Seems like a pretty simple change order.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org