A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:00:45 am
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Massive new car factory for Pryor  (Read 68083 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #150 on: May 19, 2022, 06:18:14 am »

If Apple is smart, and they are, they'll let Canoo declare bankruptcy and then buy them out of that so they don't have to assume any debt.

I hope Stitt gets kicked to the curb but I'm sure if that happens this state will just find a way to elect another incompetent idiot with delusions of grandeur.

Not sure if he would run but the mayor of OKC, David Holt, would be a good option for governor.  Republican but moderate and pro-education and economic development

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #151 on: May 19, 2022, 10:26:59 am »

Not sure if he would run but the mayor of OKC, David Holt, would be a good option for governor.  Republican but moderate and pro-education and economic development

Agreed - I'm still unsure about Joy of where she really stands on things. David I think would give Stitt a good primary challenge if he could successfully motivate moderates to actually vote. Unfortunately in Oklahoma that is a massive problem.

I used to think GT would be great, but not anymore. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing and extremely politically motivated - Holt seems to be an actual really good person. The Lt. Governor too I think would be 100x better as a Governor than Stitt, I wish he'd primary against him.

If Apple is smart, and they are, they'll let Canoo declare bankruptcy and then buy them out of that so they don't have to assume any debt.

I hope Stitt gets kicked to the curb but I'm sure if that happens this state will just find a way to elect another incompetent idiot with delusions of grandeur.

Apple seems to be really interested in the employees of Canoo from what I have seen a few places. They are desperate for more engineers for their automotive project. Seems to be mixed opinions if Canoo's software is of much interest or not.

If they let Canoo file, it's likely they'll have layoffs and hemorrhage employees/talent. Apple probably has the sway to renegotiate debt terms so they might be able to do essentially what bankruptcy would do on that side without the risk of losing talent they need.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 10:32:46 am by LandArchPoke » Logged
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2022, 12:44:05 pm »

Agreed - I'm still unsure about Joy of where she really stands on things. David I think would give Stitt a good primary challenge if he could successfully motivate moderates to actually vote. Unfortunately in Oklahoma that is a massive problem.

I used to think GT would be great, but not anymore. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing and extremely politically motivated - Holt seems to be an actual really good person. The Lt. Governor too I think would be 100x better as a Governor than Stitt, I wish he'd primary against him.

Apple seems to be really interested in the employees of Canoo from what I have seen a few places. They are desperate for more engineers for their automotive project. Seems to be mixed opinions if Canoo's software is of much interest or not.

If they let Canoo file, it's likely they'll have layoffs and hemorrhage employees/talent. Apple probably has the sway to renegotiate debt terms so they might be able to do essentially what bankruptcy would do on that side without the risk of losing talent they need.

Apple is holding over $200 billion in cash. They don't need financing.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #153 on: May 20, 2022, 02:56:36 pm »

Apple is holding over $200 billion in cash. They don't need financing.

That's very true - Canoo would be a fairly minor purchase for them in comparison to the size of Apple.

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #154 on: May 20, 2022, 03:00:28 pm »

Anyone else hear anything about another possible 2,000 job employer?

Stitt made a comment about how he just secured another company of 2,000 jobs - sounded in context that this was not Canoo and then mentioned 'Project Ocean' which is Panasonic.

It was just a super brief clip of him talking that was on Channel 8 and haven't been able to find the clip again anywhere.

The legislature is working on another economic incentives bill and seems like it's in relation to this - that would grant tax credits differently for large scale expansion and would make it more permanent. Was called LEAD act or something like that I think - could totally be wrong on the name. This is something separate from legislation that was for Project Ocean.

Stitt did say that Project Ocean is in the process of board approval within the company so my guess is it'll probably be another month or two before formal announcements are made.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #155 on: May 20, 2022, 03:29:15 pm »

Anyone else hear anything about another possible 2,000 job employer?

Stitt made a comment about how he just secured another company of 2,000 jobs - sounded in context that this was not Canoo and then mentioned 'Project Ocean' which is Panasonic.

It was just a super brief clip of him talking that was on Channel 8 and haven't been able to find the clip again anywhere.

The legislature is working on another economic incentives bill and seems like it's in relation to this - that would grant tax credits differently for large scale expansion and would make it more permanent. Was called LEAD act or something like that I think - could totally be wrong on the name. This is something separate from legislation that was for Project Ocean.

Stitt did say that Project Ocean is in the process of board approval within the company so my guess is it'll probably be another month or two before formal announcements are made.

There was money in the Panasonic bill for an unnamed second company at Pryor.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #156 on: May 20, 2022, 08:33:17 pm »

There was money in the Panasonic bill for an unnamed second company at Pryor.

Interesting... did it say anything about location, sector, etc. ?

I can't remember what that bill even was number or named to be able to pull it up.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #157 on: June 09, 2022, 06:32:14 am »

I see that Canoo is in serious trouble even though the have a deal in the works with NASA to build a vehicle for transporting astronauts to the launch pad.

BENTONVILLE, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — The electric vehicle maker promising to bring more than 500 jobs to Northwest Arkansas might not have enough cash to last another year.

Six months ago, Canoo announced plans to move its headquarters to Bentonville and create a research and development center in Fayetteville. Since then, the start-up has hit a number of bumps in the road. In December, three top executives left the company. Then, came its first-quarter earnings report. Canoo reported a net loss of $125 million and was forced to issue a warning that there is substantial doubt it can meet its financial obligations 12 months from now.

It has not been all bad news. Canoo has thousands of pre-orders and plans to start production by the end of the year. Even NASA has taken notice, selecting Canoo to provide transportation for astronauts to the launchpad for an upcoming mission to the moon. KNWA’s Chad Mira took a test drive with the CEO to learn more about the vehicle and its pathway to production.

https://www.nwahomepage.com/news/ev-maker-moving-to-nwa-issues-financial-warning/

Also, I highly doubt that Walmart will enter into a deal with Apple after they have already entered into a deal with Samsung for ~1million phones for their store employees. The company I work for has been building the phones for a year, and we have built among three locations approximately 700k phones so far.

Here is the info on the phones

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2022, 07:54:13 am »

I see that Canoo is in serious trouble even though the have a deal in the works with NASA to build a vehicle for transporting astronauts to the launch pad.

Geez....they are gonna make a passenger van....!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2022, 08:05:01 am »

^^That's just old news being regurgitated. Same "going concern" discussion. They have some money from now and have apparently already been producing a few cars in AR. Probably hand built and cost them a ton, but hopefully they are on the way to scaling and automation. If they can produce a couple thousand cars this year they may get to stick around.

If you check their twitter feed they've been showing off a bunch of their vans lately to AR officials and media.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #160 on: June 09, 2022, 09:52:06 am »

Lots of chatter out of Kansas regarding Panasonic.  Their governor “very confident” they will land the plant. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2022/06/06/kansas-laura-kelly-megaproject-panasonic.html

Jake
Citizen

« Reply #161 on: June 09, 2022, 10:25:09 am »

lol
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #162 on: June 09, 2022, 12:16:33 pm »

If Oklahoma somehow blows the Panasonic deal, it might be the last straw in terms of me starting to look to move out of state. Not that it affects me personally, but it would show that the state isn't progressing at all. Fingers crossed.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #163 on: June 13, 2022, 02:23:04 am »

If Oklahoma somehow blows the Panasonic deal, it might be the last straw in terms of me starting to look to move out of state. Not that it affects me personally, but it would show that the state isn't progressing at all. Fingers crossed.

Want a job building batteries

https://www.azcommerce.com/news-events/news/2021/7/kore-power-selects-arizona-site-for-one-million-square-foot-koreplex-lithium-ion-battery-manufacturing-facility/

Recycling Li Ion batteries

https://ktar.com/story/5062729/lithium-ion-battery-recycling-plant-opens-in-gilbert/

or building cars for Lucid Motors? A friend just got hired, starts July 1st at $58k plus 15,000 shares of stock as a bonus.

https://www.indeed.com/q-Lucid-l-Arizona-jobs.html?vjk=c16f60efa80cde0d
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #164 on: June 13, 2022, 07:15:46 am »

Just gotta keep plugging away, trying to educate those you can!   And realize that this has always been a fascist state, much like the US has always been a fascist country, and just go on!   Hint;  another state ain't gonna help!

Watch Trey - he puts it all into proper perspective!   Anywhere ya go,....there ya are!

Oh, yeah...our raccoons have been busy!  (You will get the reference in about the first 10 seconds of the video!) There are now 4 babies running around with Mama in the backyard!   Living under our shed, while Mama lives in the attic next door!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu5znlyX9uY&t=3s

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org