A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 31, 2023, 08:01:05 am
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Massive new car factory for Pryor  (Read 32600 times)
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #255 on: November 22, 2022, 12:25:04 pm »

Just remember "Kansas City King" was only moved to Oklahoma because we have better production incentives.

I read that too but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Kansas City has a well known long standing mafia presence. The premise was that Tulsa had "nothing going on" in that regard (at least from the NY perspective) and he was sent here to just start doing mob stuff. I think the plot is supposed to broaden with that having been a pretext, but that line wouldn't make much sense if it were Kansas City.
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #256 on: November 23, 2022, 08:26:22 am »

Also, there was an interview with Taylor Sheridan where he mentioned he moved it as Kansas City wasn't remote enough for the plot (and like DowntownDan mentions, has always been a mafia haven). I also like to think it just sounded better as a title. Kansas City King is too wordy and if you're going to move it to Oklahoma, Tulsa is the absolute best choice. It's the most well-known and recognized city in Oklahoma (for good and bad reasons) and really has the best name in the state. They could have set this in OKC but that's a mouthful for a title and most other cities in OK are the same way (or they're completely nondescript). I'm also glad the show isn't populated with cliched Okies.

I've never seen Tulsa as being in Oklahoma, I've seen Oklahoma as being around Tulsa. Every day this is truer.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #257 on: November 23, 2022, 11:37:11 am »

The Kansas City Kings were also an NBA franchise (now in Sacramento) and that would be something that came to mind with that title.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #258 on: November 28, 2022, 01:34:46 pm »

Also, there was an interview with Taylor Sheridan where he mentioned he moved it as Kansas City wasn't remote enough for the plot (and like DowntownDan mentions, has always been a mafia haven). I also like to think it just sounded better as a title. Kansas City King is too wordy and if you're going to move it to Oklahoma, Tulsa is the absolute best choice. It's the most well-known and recognized city in Oklahoma (for good and bad reasons) and really has the best name in the state. They could have set this in OKC but that's a mouthful for a title and most other cities in OK are the same way (or they're completely nondescript). I'm also glad the show isn't populated with cliched Okies.

I've never seen Tulsa as being in Oklahoma, I've seen Oklahoma as being around Tulsa. Every day this is truer.

Every day Tulsa becomes more assimilated as Oklahoma.  Kinda like the Borg do....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I donít share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org