A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:31:21 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New development where Golden Pawn @ 13th and Peoria sits  (Read 5837 times)
midtownlifer
Tourist

« on: August 22, 2020, 10:52:28 am »

Just drove by yesterday and saw the sign for "The Bridge" development where Golden Pawn 2 sits at 13th and Peoria. From what I could see it's mixed use including restaurants. I did a brief search and couldn't find anything. Hoping this thread can keep us updated on it.  (Also curious about what will go into the lot that's now offered by Fox+Allen, west side of Peoria between 15th and 11th).
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 02:02:50 pm »

Just drove by yesterday and saw the sign for "The Bridge" development where Golden Pawn 2 sits at 13th and Peoria. From what I could see it's mixed use including restaurants. I did a brief search and couldn't find anything. Hoping this thread can keep us updated on it.  (Also curious about what will go into the lot that's now offered by Fox+Allen, west side of Peoria between 15th and 11th).

That's great news, that building is a complete eyesore
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 01:07:48 pm »

Just drove by yesterday and saw the sign for "The Bridge" development where Golden Pawn 2 sits at 13th and Peoria. From what I could see it's mixed use including restaurants. I did a brief search and couldn't find anything. Hoping this thread can keep us updated on it.  (Also curious about what will go into the lot that's now offered by Fox+Allen, west side of Peoria between 15th and 11th).

https://www.foxallen.com/pearl-ridge

That's the main development that's going on in that area... I don't see anything advertised yet for those sites on any of the CRE websites like Loopnet, Costar, etc. yet

But this is what it shows on the architects page for "The Bridge"

https://www.freesearchitecture.com/midmod/pearl-district-development-strikes-gold/

Looks like a nice development, paired with Pearl Ridge this part of Peoria is going to look very different. I've always thought this stretch would take off, it has some of the best skyline views in the city.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 01:10:35 pm by LandArchPoke » Logged
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 05:58:11 pm »

Looks great, what an improvement that will be for that corner.  With Pearl Ridge between 8th and 10th the NE corner at 11th would make a great redevelopment spot with the views across the cemetery.  That would be a good spot for a gateway to the rest of the Meadow Gold district along that stretch of 11th.

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 10:59:45 am »

https://www.foxallen.com/pearl-ridge

That's the main development that's going on in that area... I don't see anything advertised yet for those sites on any of the CRE websites like Loopnet, Costar, etc. yet

But this is what it shows on the architects page for "The Bridge"

https://www.freesearchitecture.com/midmod/pearl-district-development-strikes-gold/

Looks like a nice development, paired with Pearl Ridge this part of Peoria is going to look very different. I've always thought this stretch would take off, it has some of the best skyline views in the city.

Looks great! I wonder if they're keeping the building structure. Looks like the base shape is retained and integrated. That announcement talked about paying homage to what the place has been historically so would be neat to retain some aspects of it. I'm guessing Golden Pawn will just close which is a bit sad but understandable if they're getting a big payday from this. That spot does have a great potential view like Zanmai had.

Here's the proposed vs existing:

dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2020, 07:35:35 am »

Here’s a Tulsa World article about the development:

https://tulsaworld.com/business/one-stop-date-night-destination-proposed-development-to-combine-entertainment-food-and-retail/article_1bfe0430-e940-11ea-8f4c-f38d7f18a3d5.html

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2020, 06:56:19 pm »

I got my first electric guitar, a 1971 Gibson SG next door to there at Strings West when I was 13. A few years later I picked up a 1920 Gibson Archtop next door at Golden Pawn.

Also - the Golden Pawn guys were total dicks. They had a price on the Archtop so I said 'cool - ring me up' and the guy said "hold on" - ran upstairs and asked the owner (I guess Kelly) and came back down and said the owner wanted to keep the guitar but would still sell it to me for $100 more. I still bought it as that was still cheap but good riddance to those asshats - never ever went back to that shithole.

Larry at Strings West is awesome however.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 07:01:07 pm by tulsabug » Logged
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2020, 08:48:56 pm »

Make the power poles and billboards disappear, just like in the rendering...

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2020, 10:10:38 pm »

Make the power poles and billboards disappear, just like in the rendering...

Maybe they can replace them with the million metal signs for the bike lanes that are on 11th now!  Grin
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2020, 09:28:23 am »

I got my first electric guitar, a 1971 Gibson SG next door to there at Strings West when I was 13. A few years later I picked up a 1920 Gibson Archtop next door at Golden Pawn.

Also - the Golden Pawn guys were total dicks. They had a price on the Archtop so I said 'cool - ring me up' and the guy said "hold on" - ran upstairs and asked the owner (I guess Kelly) and came back down and said the owner wanted to keep the guitar but would still sell it to me for $100 more. I still bought it as that was still cheap but good riddance to those asshats - never ever went back to that shithole.

Larry at Strings West is awesome however.

That's a special kind of "bait and switch" I have seen in a lot of pawn shops.  Even used it before...  Would never do it now, but it is effective.  One way to combat that is to NEVER agree to sticker price without at least trying to get them to reduce the price.  Offer 25% less always!   Just like with used car salesmen, if you accept their price, they know it was too low to start with!

And sadly, sometimes ya just gotta be willing to walk away.  Then try to get a friend to go in and buy it for you....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
brettakins
Activist

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2021, 04:45:06 pm »

Spring-2022-New-Pre-Leasing
>Restaurant       3,700 Square Feet
>Bar/Music Venue    3,900 Square Feet
>Retail               1,800 Square Feet
>Retail               1,900 Square Feet
>Rooftop Bar      1,500 Square Feet
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 04:54:24 pm by brettakins » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org