A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:16:57 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Improve Our Tulsa 3  (Read 9627 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2023, 03:39:43 pm »

Michael Bates is a broken record.

That's not the adjective I was thinking of, but I digress...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2023, 08:50:07 pm »

All the proposals passed easily.

https://www.newson6.com/elections
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2023, 09:03:40 pm »

Good deal ^. Saw quite a few no signs.. was a pretty easy victory.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2023, 07:05:05 am »

The same people who are big on voting no are also the same people screaming at the city to do what the bonds are for...

Glad this vote is out of the way so these improvements can go forth. Moving the DT police station would be huge for the convention center. Still hilarious how the grand entrance to our convention center is hidden behind a jail.

Finishing Gilcrease is also a big relief. Updating the PAC is important to.

At the end of the day though, we'll all be glad when the streets projects that have been put on hold are finally pushed through thanks to this.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2023, 12:23:40 pm »

Do we know if the PAC improvements are just what is needed to keep the building running/up-to-code and does it include any design work for the bigger project?

Also curious where the Public Safety Center ends up going.  The Hiland Dairy plant makes a lot of sense and keeps those jobs downtown.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 12:26:46 pm by SXSW » Logged

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2023, 01:26:17 pm »

Do we know if the PAC improvements are just what is needed to keep the building running/up-to-code and does it include any design work for the bigger project?

Also curious where the Public Safety Center ends up going.  The Hiland Dairy plant makes a lot of sense and keeps those jobs downtown.

It sounds like there will be a new Tulsa County Courthouse on the dairy site:
https://www.news9.com/story/64c8350bde40fd072efb4b08/tulsa-county-taking-steps-toward-replacing-70yearold-courthouse-building

But there are several blocks available there and it would make sense to keep the new the Public Safety Center next to the new courthouse.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2023, 03:25:09 pm »

It sounds like there will be a new Tulsa County Courthouse on the dairy site:
https://www.news9.com/story/64c8350bde40fd072efb4b08/tulsa-county-taking-steps-toward-replacing-70yearold-courthouse-building

But there are several blocks available there and it would make sense to keep the new the Public Safety Center next to the new courthouse.

The dairy plus the site north of Cameron along Denver Ave would make a great spot for all of that

Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2023, 03:45:50 pm »

Does anyone know of a way to view the project schedule for the previous versions of this?

There is an interactive map at www.improveourtulsa.com where you can click on various streets to see projects (showing the type of improvement and cost) but not the schedule. I swear there used to be dates attached to them but I don't see them now.

I'm mostly curious about the Peoria re-build in between 21st and 41st and also my particular part of Brookside is also supposed to be re-done, so I'm just curious when both of those may be happening. (City crews came out and marked lines on my neighborhood streets earlier this year but nothing has happened since.)
Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2023, 04:14:25 pm »

Does anyone know of a way to view the project schedule for the previous versions of this?

There is an interactive map at www.improveourtulsa.com where you can click on various streets to see projects (showing the type of improvement and cost) but not the schedule. I swear there used to be dates attached to them but I don't see them now.

I'm mostly curious about the Peoria re-build in between 21st and 41st and also my particular part of Brookside is also supposed to be re-done, so I'm just curious when both of those may be happening. (City crews came out and marked lines on my neighborhood streets earlier this year but nothing has happened since.)

Hey Jeff, if you click on the three horizontal dots at the lower right corner of the pop up (when you click on a street segment), then click on View in Attribute Table, that will open a table that has a design start and construction start date.  At least for some projects.  Maybe not all of them.  
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 04:16:01 pm by Urban Enthusiast » Logged
Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2023, 09:13:43 am »

Hey Jeff, if you click on the three horizontal dots at the lower right corner of the pop up (when you click on a street segment), then click on View in Attribute Table, that will open a table that has a design start and construction start date.  At least for some projects.  Maybe not all of them.  

Ahh... I figured it was something like that. Thanks!

Edit - so looking at the schedule, it says that my neighborhood is in the "design" stage, and that design started like a year ago (Sept. 2022). So anyone who knows anything about street projects, what's a reasonable time frame to expect the work to start? Next year? 2030? Lol
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 09:19:01 am by Jeff P » Logged
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2023, 12:10:16 pm »

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/government-politics/consultants-offer-possible-sites-for-new-or-expanded-tulsa-county-courthouse/article_e68fb126-67b9-11ee-8781-9f776eb4f98d.html#tracking-source=mp-homepage

Looks like the old dairy site isn't being considered? I know they want to keep it within the IDL, but any of these locations will eventually butt up against future growth initiatives. The south side of the IDL especially. It might be cheaper somehow to keep the new site closer to the existing, but if they redevelop the existing site the way they want, we're hoping that development will be spurred all around. I'm not sure if the courthouse would get in the way of that or not.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2023, 09:04:14 am »

Can someone explain to me why the county building next door can't be demolished and built several stories high as an add-on to the existing courthouse? Didn't all the county offices there move across the street? Still wouldn't solve accessibility but I'm confused what that building is and why it can't be an expansion site for the courthouse.

I think the plan to build just south of there is the best for a new courthouse. I really don't see it stopping other developments, and part of me has given up hope for south downtown. I assume it'll be a parking crater forever.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2023, 12:06:15 pm »

Can someone explain to me why the county building next door can't be demolished and built several stories high as an add-on to the existing courthouse? Didn't all the county offices there move across the street? Still wouldn't solve accessibility but I'm confused what that building is and why it can't be an expansion site for the courthouse.

I think the plan to build just south of there is the best for a new courthouse. I really don't see it stopping other developments, and part of me has given up hope for south downtown. I assume it'll be a parking crater forever.

My take FWIW:
1. The police/fire HQ should be at the repurposed Hiland Dairy
2. The new courthouse should be built on the parking lot south of the current courthouse fronting the triangular park at 7th & Denver that could be renamed Courthouse Square. 

Both allow the current outdated buildings to be demolished to make way for a new convention hotel

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org