A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:13:41 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tesla's Big F***ing Field  (Read 104627 times)
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2020, 04:44:13 pm »

Congratulations!

Tesla Delivery and Service Center. Going in at 6010 South 129th Avenue East. Currently set to bid the middle of June. Shows to be 23,718 square feet.

OKCTalk.com
will release details later...  https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=43547&page=2&p=1122371#post1122371
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 04:46:14 pm by Laramie » Logged

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2020, 04:46:20 pm »

I saw a post on Reddit yesterday about a guy whose relative works for a company that has been asked to bid on a "Tesla building" in Tulsa. Hasn't been given any further info on it yet. Could be a showroom, service center, etc. Timing doesn't seem right for it to be the factory. Still interesting though

There is a Tesla Service Center planned for 61st & 129th E Ave.  It's going an existing building with the build-out starting later this summer.

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2020, 05:14:00 pm »

Telsa Center via OKCTalk.com

https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=43547&page=2&p=1122411#post1122411
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 05:15:36 pm by Laramie » Logged

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2020, 08:19:52 pm »

There is a Tesla Service Center planned for 61st & 129th E Ave.  It's going an existing building with the build-out starting later this summer.

That will be great use of that building!   Goodwill Industries built that a couple years ago and was planning some kind of facility there.  Their situation apparently changed and it went up for sale quite a while ago.  Good to see it get filled up.  

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Rattle Trap
Activist

« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2020, 01:28:32 pm »

https://austonia.com/amp/elon-musk-tesla-2646237196?utm_campaign=RebelMouse&share_id=5619951&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=Austonia&__twitter_impression=true

Not a lot of information coming out on Tesla's decision. However based on what is being reported it seems Austin is probably the first choice for Tesla.

Last week Elon tweeted that nothing has been finalized and multiple options are still being considered.

It seems Tulsa is in fact being used as leverage, or at least a backup plan, to expedite things in Austin.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2020, 02:55:49 pm »

https://austonia.com/amp/elon-musk-tesla-2646237196?utm_campaign=RebelMouse&share_id=5619951&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=Austonia&__twitter_impression=true

Not a lot of information coming out on Tesla's decision. However based on what is being reported it seems Austin is probably the first choice for Tesla.

Last week Elon tweeted that nothing has been finalized and multiple options are still being considered.

It seems Tulsa is in fact being used as leverage, or at least a backup plan, to expedite things in Austin.

Combined with the story in the Business Journals, it's looking like Austin is the first and second choice (with the Hutto site looking like the runner-up again).

« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 02:57:53 pm by Oil Capital » Logged

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2020, 04:17:53 pm »

I think this process has put Tulsa firmly on their radar for future expansion either Tesla or SpaceX.  Just need to continue building momentum and not lay up.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2020, 09:35:24 pm »

Never was any doubt about that leverage thing.   And last weekend's coronafest would have definitely sealed the deal if there had been a chance.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2020, 09:15:27 am »

Never was any doubt about that leverage thing.   And last weekend's coronafest would have definitely sealed the deal if there had been a chance.

I'm going to disagree with the "coronafest" outcome.  I think Tulsa handled itself well.  While I think the rally was a stupid idea in the first place, that wasn't really our call.  With all the various factions in play, it could have gone South pretty hard.  Instead, we took a difficult situation and showed that events like this can be handled without extremism and violence.  Overall, I think it was a positive for Tulsa. 

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2020, 10:17:16 am »

I'm going to disagree with the "coronafest" outcome.  I think Tulsa handled itself well.  While I think the rally was a stupid idea in the first place, that wasn't really our call.  With all the various factions in play, it could have gone South pretty hard.  Instead, we took a difficult situation and showed that events like this can be handled without extremism and violence.  Overall, I think it was a positive for Tulsa. 

Agree.  If there is anything to learn or improve on it is that we need more and better higher education opportunities and to raise our profile as a city on the rise.  Elon himself said he was concerned about this:

“He has some concerns about the ability to attract enough engineers into Tulsa just because he is not familiar with Tulsa and we don’t have a University of Texas here in town that pumps out thousands of engineers,” Commerce and Workforce Development Secretary Sean Kouplen said Thursday.

Rattle Trap
Activist

« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2020, 07:28:23 am »

Not over yet. Interesting quote from this article from yesterday:

I am in constant contact with Tesla executives and they have assured me that there has been no decision made yet,” he said. “They are simply going through the same process with Austin that they went through with Tulsa, and once they have accumulated all of the data and all of the facts they will make their decision.

If Tesla had made a decision I don't think they'd be reaching out to the secretary of commerce on the daily unless they were seeking additional incentives, and the state has not given any indication that they're changing anything they've offered.

I still think Austin is probably the first choice, but it seems Tulsa is still legitimately being considered.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/business/dont-let-the-silence-fool-you-tulsa-still-in-the-running-for-tesla-factory-state/article_29961172-5690-57ce-ad87-d7b8e1f2068d.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 07:31:13 am by Rattle Trap » Logged
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2020, 06:46:52 pm »

Not over yet. Interesting quote from this article from yesterday:

If Tesla had made a decision I don't think they'd be reaching out to the secretary of commerce on the daily unless they were seeking additional incentives, and the state has not given any indication that they're changing anything they've offered.

I still think Austin is probably the first choice, but it seems Tulsa is still legitimately being considered.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/business/dont-let-the-silence-fool-you-tulsa-still-in-the-running-for-tesla-factory-state/article_29961172-5690-57ce-ad87-d7b8e1f2068d.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

I agree, it's not over yet. I don't think the national media guys understand how incentive packages work in Texas. The vote that happened in Austin was just an approval to offer Tesla certain things. It's in no way binding and is the process they have to follow for any deal. Dallas did a similar vote for Amazon, didn't mean HQ2 was going to Dallas. The main guy who broke the story was pissed about being discredited by Tesla so he's hell bent on publishing 'stories' to say he was right all along.
Rattle Trap
Activist

« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2020, 07:35:43 pm »

I agree, it's not over yet. I don't think the national media guys understand how incentive packages work in Texas. The vote that happened in Austin was just an approval to offer Tesla certain things. It's in no way binding and is the process they have to follow for any deal. Dallas did a similar vote for Amazon, didn't mean HQ2 was going to Dallas. The main guy who broke the story was pissed about being discredited by Tesla so he's hell bent on publishing 'stories' to say he was right all along.

Yeah I, like most, were growing concerned with how quiet things got then suddenly everything came out about Austin. Then state officials are still claiming they're in contact daily with Tesla officials, which i think if nothing else tells us we're still in the running to some degree.

I will say Tulsa seems to be good at keeping quiet with this sort of thing. Think of big announcements like WPX, American Airlines, etc. No one knew it was happening until they scheduled a press conference the same day lol.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 07:39:14 pm by Rattle Trap » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2020, 08:36:48 pm »

Maybe Tulsa will finally sprout a set in getting a four year state university with a heavy emphasis on engineering and tech.  UT Austin has got to be a major consideration in their decision as far as a fertile bed of future employees aside from all the other tech there.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Rattle Trap
Activist

« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2020, 05:29:09 pm »

Looks like Elon will be planning a trip to Tulsa...

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1278451464562753537?s=20

If nothing else, this is a huge plus for a potential future factory, if Tulsa is not chosen for this one.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org