A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2020, 06:45:23 am
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tesla's Big F***ing Field  (Read 13575 times)
LandArchPoke
Civic Leader

« Reply #180 on: August 04, 2020, 04:22:29 pm »

Musk has already said the semi will also be built in Austin.  "In addition to the Cybertruck, Tesla will also build Model Ys and Model 3s destined for the East Coast, as well as the Tesla Semi," Musk said.  https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/22/21334860/tesla-cybertruck-factory-austin-texas-location-model-y

Not that I'm an expert on this, but just seems like given the amount of cars they produce from their existing plant in Fremont that if they plan to grow at the rate many predict I'd bet at some point sooner or later they need a dedicated Semi plant in addition to an east coast plant. Some of that will depend on the popularity of the cybertruck and if they plan a second truck (which Elon has said is likely if demand for a less edgy design is not as popular as they hope). I'd imagine they start production of the semi in Austin but would likely need its own dedicated plant for that at some point.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #181 on: August 06, 2020, 06:34:05 am »

Great....(sarcastically)....just what we need - another battery plant here.  As if Picher wasn't bad enough... What new part of the state can we render uninhabitable next?  Between lead and big oil, just try to get a decent water well in NE Oklahoma!

Toto, stop pulling on that curtain!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #182 on: August 10, 2020, 01:22:57 pm »

I still think when they get around to building the semi, Tulsa is probably the perfect location for it given our location in the Central US and near major trucking companies and people like Walmart who would be huge customers of the semi.

If Walmart fleet (about 6,000 tractors) was a trucking company, it would be number 10 in the US.  Just ahead of CRST.   Nothing to sneeze at, but not even close to the big ones several of whom have more than twice that many.   Walmart does use other companies a LOT.!  I hauled a lot of Walmart freight when I drove.  To stores and DC's.

https://www.truckaccidentattorneynetwork.org/10-largest-trucking-companies-in-us/

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I donít share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #183 on: August 22, 2020, 07:51:42 pm »

https://www.theverge.com/21375891/tesla-tulsa-cybertruck-factory-elon-musk-statue-memes

...and as for the parody video by Retrospec, what was that accent?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org