A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 14, 2020, 03:54:26 am
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Updates on Abundant Life Bldg (Tulsa Club moved to its own thread)  (Read 96638 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #405 on: June 23, 2020, 04:25:44 pm »

So they are abating it but not repurposing it?  What is the point of doing that?  Hopefully once abated it gets torn down, it is one of the biggest eyesores in the city.

AdamsHall
Activist

« Reply #406 on: June 23, 2020, 04:57:23 pm »

So they are abating it but not repurposing it?  What is the point of doing that?  Hopefully once abated it gets torn down, it is one of the biggest eyesores in the city.

I don't have any inside knowledge on what they are doing with this project, but I am familiar with asbestos renovation/demolitions, generally.  Maybe the exterior panels will be part of the planned asbestos removal. 

To your 2nd questions, based upon the pictures provided above, the exterior panels appear to be removable considering the underlying metal superstructure.  As such, I suspect if the panels are removed, it would then make sense financially to rebuild around the existing metal structure ... but that is a guess.  Several years ago, I believe they did something similar with the building at 1307 South Boulder, i.e., removed the exterior panels and rebuilt around the existing structure.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org