A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:08:50 am
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WPX Downtown HQ  (Read 64642 times)
Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #195 on: December 20, 2022, 03:38:09 pm »

There would be a lot more choices for lunch.  Not being of a "Downtown Mindset", please enlighten me what all these amenities are.  I took my lunch from home when I was working (I'm retired now) so lunch choices were of limited value to me.

Parking is always an issue.  I remember my dad complaining about paying income tax on the value of the "free" parking he received when working downtown in the 70's and early 80's.  Everyone, myself included, wants to eliminate the huge expanses of surface parking but no one seems to be ready to step up to parking garages beyond a limited supply for new construction.  Where would you put the cars from QT headquarters employees?

https://goo.gl/maps/StRpz2m8iZa5W5td8

A usable regional public transit system would go a long way toward making working downtown attractive.

I was mostly thinking of lunch options (I myself typically bring my lunch, so not a big deal for me), but there are lots of options close by (I did not even consider them providing food for their employees, but duh, that makes sense).  But there is also all of the activities one can do after work like baseball games, event at the PAC, event at the BOk, first Friday art crawl. . . things that are downtown.  Not that they can't do that now, just more convenient.  I did figure most of their employees live in BA and other suburbs, but so do "probably" the vast majority of all the other people who work downtown.  As for parking, I figured they would use the garage that comes with the building.  Not sure how many spots it has, but if they bought the building, that would be free. 

Of course this is all a moot point now isn't it  Smiley
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #196 on: December 20, 2022, 09:14:07 pm »

A residential conversion at Boulder Towers would be a fantastic shot in the arm for the Riverview neighborhood.  You could probably park it within the existing garage/ground floor which would free up all of those surrounding surface lots for redevelopment. 

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #197 on: January 24, 2023, 02:30:04 pm »

Legacy Bank leased an entire floor - this would be a big expansion for them in the Tulsa market. I don't think they have a lot of retail store locations here but they are a pretty big real estate lender, they are HQed out of Springfield MO.

Greenwood office building just signed a lease for a medical provider too. Downtown does really need more things like doctors, etc. to move in and really round out the neighborhood is self sustaining. Would be nice to see QT or someone open an urgent care downtown somewhere too and have a full 24/7 pharmacy like CVS/Walgreens move in as well somewhere.

To have well over 50% of the Class A space built during/after the pandemic leased is pretty crazy when you look at other markets. OKC is still struggling to fill the 'BOK plaza' tower or whatever it's called that Devon was supposed to occupy. If the state hadn't bought the former SandRidge tower their downtown market would just be in horrific space on the Class A side.

Wouldn't be surprised to see another office tower be in the works sometime soon. Even if it was just to pull tenants out of some of the older buildings downtown that just opens up more for residential conversions. Building these 50,000 - 250,000 sq. ft. buildings are a much better way to go than larger projects like the BOK plaza tower in OKC. Allows the market to absorb space without major impacts to vacancy rates if a tenant pulls out or something happens.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 02:31:50 pm by LandArchPoke » Logged
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #198 on: January 25, 2023, 10:02:32 am »

Legacy Bank leased an entire floor - this would be a big expansion for them in the Tulsa market. I don't think they have a lot of retail store locations here but they are a pretty big real estate lender, they are HQed out of Springfield MO.

Greenwood office building just signed a lease for a medical provider too. Downtown does really need more things like doctors, etc. to move in and really round out the neighborhood is self sustaining. Would be nice to see QT or someone open an urgent care downtown somewhere too and have a full 24/7 pharmacy like CVS/Walgreens move in as well somewhere.

To have well over 50% of the Class A space built during/after the pandemic leased is pretty crazy when you look at other markets. OKC is still struggling to fill the 'BOK plaza' tower or whatever it's called that Devon was supposed to occupy. If the state hadn't bought the former SandRidge tower their downtown market would just be in horrific space on the Class A side.

Wouldn't be surprised to see another office tower be in the works sometime soon. Even if it was just to pull tenants out of some of the older buildings downtown that just opens up more for residential conversions. Building these 50,000 - 250,000 sq. ft. buildings are a much better way to go than larger projects like the BOK plaza tower in OKC. Allows the market to absorb space without major impacts to vacancy rates if a tenant pulls out or something happens.

Also - OKC.... ick.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #199 on: January 25, 2023, 10:28:05 am »

Great news! They are really trucking with getting that space filled. Seems like office space in general is doing well across Tulsa at the moment. Definitely still a lot of random half empty, low-effort buildings, but the buildings that are putting in work to be half way decent are finding tenants. Still too many landlords trying to charge top dollar for crappy space that they don't take care of - across all types of rental spaces. This building is really showing the potential of high class office space in this city.

Wish the Annex tower was still happening. Would love to see a big tower with office/hotel/residential all together come in.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #200 on: January 25, 2023, 02:26:20 pm »

Great news! They are really trucking with getting that space filled. Seems like office space in general is doing well across Tulsa at the moment. Definitely still a lot of random half empty, low-effort buildings, but the buildings that are putting in work to be half way decent are finding tenants. Still too many landlords trying to charge top dollar for crappy space that they don't take care of - across all types of rental spaces. This building is really showing the potential of high class office space in this city.

Wish the Annex tower was still happening. Would love to see a big tower with office/hotel/residential all together come in.

The Annex is still an active proposal, they have until the end of June to close on the property.  If they don't close I'm sure another developer will pick up that property though the concept may be different.  Rooting for F&C since they have a track record of completing these types of projects in Indianapolis and Cincinnati.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org