A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 16, 2019, 04:12:20 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UCAT v. TDA, land development north of 244  (Read 9235 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2019, 09:37:43 pm »

That has nothing to do with how "difficult" or useful a university course is. Many colleges don't accept certain credits because they want to encourage students to take more of their own classes and discourage taking classes elsewhere.

But this is you we're talking about so you probably either misquoted her or just didn't understand the nuances of it.

No, it was about the education you get at TU, the college she's graduating from next month didn't respect the educational rigor at TU.

You were denigrating the education some get at TCC, but that's a slippery slope, because there are other schools that consider TU to be not that great either.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 09:39:52 pm by swake » Logged
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2019, 08:19:39 pm »

There is an 'ebb and flow' to educational "greatness" at even the so-called "best" of schools.  TU, TCC, OU (especially!), and OSU have all had their moments.  Back in the 80's, there was a virtual 'exodus' of an alarming number of Electrical/Electronics instructors and professors from TU going to OSU.  It hurt TU a lot...for many years!   To this day, I suspect that is at least part of the reason they have not moved forward on trying to set up a PhD program in Electrical Engineering - something that has been "worked on" since at least 1968 to my direct knowledge.

Comparison moment - I have gone back recently to "review" Calculus thru Diff Eq. to see if I can still "learn" and as a refresher for some system modeling I want to pursue.  A long term project.  Found MIT online courses and downloaded the videos and have slowly been going through them.  What I have noted in particular is that MIT is no "better" - despite their reputation - then what I have taken at TJC, and TU.  And in some ways, not as good - note the large audience in the videos.  Not much "one on one" assistance going on there.

Anyone can have access to these courses and one can even get a 'certificate' by successfully completing some set of actions that I have not investigated 'cause I don't care about that.   But if one is motivated by prestigious trappings and symbols of power and elitism, you can say you got some MIT learning and have a piece of paper to back it up!!   I just wanna be able to design some PID loops using S transforms again...

https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/mathematics/18-01sc-single-variable-calculus-fall-2010/

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I donít share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org