A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:07:27 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lookout Mountain  (Read 3808 times)
SXSW
City Father

« on: August 05, 2009, 10:29:51 am »

Are Lookout Mtn. and the surrounding hills all private land?  I know KTUL has its studio up there.  I bet the views are fantastic but I don't know of any trails, have any of you been up there?  It seems like a cool area much like Chandler Park or Turkey Mtn., it would be awesome to have a public park or urban wilderness there.

Radio
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 11:55:59 pm »

Lookout is privately owned.  Some by the TV station, and some by an out of state tower company, among others.  Along W 21st st is owned by the city, but marked no tresspassing.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 12:41:19 pm »

Old thread I know but KOTV posted a video on FB flying over the fall colors.  Nice capture of Lookout Mountain (sorry for the bad quality, it was a screen capture):

Still wish there were some hiking trails through here.  Turkey Mtn is so crowded on the weekends, it would be a good way to spread people out.  Same with the Chandler Park "Backcountry"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org