A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:16:28 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Country star Roy Clark dies at age 85 at Tulsa home  (Read 12228 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« on: November 15, 2018, 12:44:18 pm »

Clark was one of the world’s finest multi-instrumentalists and one of the first cross-over artists to land singles on the pop and country charts. He was the pioneer who helped turn Branson, Missouri, into the live music capital of the world (the Ozark town today boasts more seats than Broadway). And his talents turned "Hee Haw" into the longest-running syndicated show in television history.

“A TV camera goes right through your soul,” says the man who starred on "Hee Haw" for 24 years and was a frequent guest host for Johnny Carson on The Tonight Show. “If you’re a bad person, people pick that up. I’m a firm believer in smiles. I used to believe that everything had to be a belly laugh. But I’ve come to realize that a real sincere smile is mighty powerful.”

https://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/country-star-roy-clark-dies-at-age-at-tulsa-home/article_6cb81628-3d86-5480-9480-e04fdcc236ef.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 01:09:50 pm »

For those who don't subscribe to TW:
http://outline.com/qH7PGB
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 05:03:11 pm »

Awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5v4WQfOsrc

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 12:50:03 am »

Clark was one of the world’s finest multi-instrumentalists and one of the first cross-over artists to land singles on the pop and country charts. He was the pioneer who helped turn Branson, Missouri, into the live music capital of the world (the Ozark town today boasts more seats than Broadway). And his talents turned "Hee Haw" into the longest-running syndicated show in television history.

“A TV camera goes right through your soul,” says the man who starred on "Hee Haw" for 24 years and was a frequent guest host for Johnny Carson on The Tonight Show. “If you’re a bad person, people pick that up. I’m a firm believer in smiles. I used to believe that everything had to be a belly laugh. But I’ve come to realize that a real sincere smile is mighty powerful.”

https://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/country-star-roy-clark-dies-at-age-at-tulsa-home/article_6cb81628-3d86-5480-9480-e04fdcc236ef.html

His estate near 27th & Yorktown was large enough he had a boiler to keep the place heated.  It was always a slight thrill to see "Roy Clark" on caller ID when they would call up to get it all checked out for the coming heating season.  I never met him but anyone who worked for us who did when they were working at his house said he was a very sincere and kind gentleman.  Godspeed Mr. Clark!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org