A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:33:10 am
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 60   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "this has nothing to do with Tulsa" mega-post  (Read 367437 times)
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #810 on: July 09, 2020, 11:08:04 am »

Oklahoma City's Scissortail Park, Convention Center & Omni Hotel.

Beautiful lust green lawn and colorful vegetation sets in as OKC's downtown park morphs its character.
            Lower Scissortail Park will extend to the Oklahoma River to Skydance Bridge; it will portray a slightly different personality.

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #811 on: July 09, 2020, 03:14:27 pm »

Oklahoma City's Wheeler District residential housing at Old Downtown Air Park
The recently acquired Santa Monica Ferris Wheel is seen left of center & below.

Top residential pic via OKCTalk.com
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 03:24:28 pm by Laramie » Logged

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #812 on: July 12, 2020, 01:45:32 am »

Oklahoma City's Scissortail Park

Taking Flight Art in the Park

A 20-ton orb called Taking Flight is the art centerpiece designed especially for Scissortail Park
               that will welcome visitors. Standing at 19’ tall it will suspend a sphere from angled
               columns that stretch from the ground up and around the sphere, which will be made from
               643,648 highly polished discs sized to Oklahoma City’s population and colored to echo the
               coppery hue of Oklahoma’s soil. Taking Flight is also designed to allow light to shine through
               the orb at night, as shown in these renderings showing the view from the hill created in the
               center of the park.

Robbie Kienzle, the city’s arts and culture program planner, said the orb, which will be held
               up 19 feet in the air with beams suggesting an orb in flight, will match the height of the
               bandstand stage and cafe being built on each side of the art piece along the northeast
               corner of the park.--Oklahoman.

STUDIOKCA Architects were chosen by a selection committee that included former Mayor
                 Mick Cornett, Councilwoman Meg Salyer, park designer Mary Margaret Jones, Scissortail
                 Foundation Director Maureen Heffernan, and several civic leaders and city officials involved
                 in planning for the park. STUDIOOKCA is an award-winning architecture and design firm led
                 by Jason Klimoski and Lesley Chang based in Brooklyn, New York with projects ranging in
                 scale and complexity from lighting fixtures and interiors, to public installations, sculptures
                 and buildings in New York, Vermont, Nevada, Wisconsin, Brazil, Taiwan, and Papua New
                 Guinea

[Rendering by Jason Klimoski and Lesley Chang with StudioKCA].

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #813 on: July 13, 2020, 04:24:55 pm »

Reminds me of Sputnik.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #814 on: July 13, 2020, 04:44:27 pm »

Reminds me of Sputnik.

Close enough.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #815 on: July 14, 2020, 11:31:55 pm »

Close enough.

Please excuse the thread drift but...
My dad was a Ham Radio Operator.  We had recordings of the radio signals from Sputnik on reel-to-reel tape.  I have no idea where the tapes are or if the old tape recorder even still works.  I just checked, I still have the tape recorder.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #816 on: July 15, 2020, 08:56:04 am »

Reminds me of Sputnik.

That was my first thought also...

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #817 on: July 16, 2020, 12:24:12 pm »

Oklahoma City's Heartland Payments

Scheduled August Opening

Heartland, already set to fill up its new downtown headquarters with 550 employees, is adding another 400 who will be moving into the Mideke Building in Bricktown.

The $40 million headquarters on Broadway is being built by Andy and David Burnett, while the Mideke Building was purchased by Andy Burnett with partners Tom Ward and Jeff Johnson in 2014.--Excerpts from the Oklahoman,--May 17, 2020

The facility will also be home to HP Edmond branch employees who will be relocated to the new Oklahoma City office venue.

Fifth Street garage parking (left) shared by the Gaylord 4th Street Branch YMCA and several local businesses will provide parking for Heartland Payments' administrators and employees.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 12:32:30 pm by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #818 on: July 16, 2020, 01:00:39 pm »

Arvest Bank acquires former Fidelity Plaza

Formerly Fidelity Plaza & Bank of Oklahoma Plaza

Arvest Bank will eventually occupy the 16-story tower at 201 Robert S. Kerr Avenue.  Bank of Oklahoma (main OKC branch moved into BOK Park Plaza back in 2018.)  This structure when renovated will have exterior LED lights that will add to the future of the ever changing OKC Skyline that will include major changes to BancFirst Tower, First National Center and the recently purchased Sandridge Tower where state offices will fill that tower to capacity.

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #819 on: July 17, 2020, 12:09:12 pm »

Oklahoma City set to realize Core to Shore vision

Project Core to Shore is to generate private investment within an area of approximately 1.3 square miles (823 acres) between Downtown Oklahoma City and the
     Oklahoma River.

Oklahoma Gazette:  https://m.okgazette.com/oklahoma/decades-in-the-making-city-set-to-realize-core-to-shore-vision/Content?oid=7432170 

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #820 on: July 17, 2020, 12:34:30 pm »

I read that article on okctslk, Arvest didn’t buy the building and they certainly aren’t occupying 16 floors. TheY leased the bottom two floors and and got naming rights to the building.
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #821 on: July 17, 2020, 12:46:11 pm »

'The Thrive,' Oklahoma City Affordable 316 Unit Senior Housing Complex

Plans are scheduled to go before the Oklahoma City Design & Review Committee next month.

OKCTalk.com reports:  https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=45340&p=1130080#post1130080

« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 01:04:38 pm by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #822 on: July 17, 2020, 12:57:24 pm »

I read that article on okctslk, Arvest didn’t buy the building and they certainly aren’t occupying 16 floors. TheY leased the bottom two floors and and got naming rights to the building.

Thanks Swake for the correction; they will obtain 'naming rights' and acquisition of the bottom two floors.  If and when this occurs it will be an improvement to the skyline since the building is currently vacant--will fill some vacant space.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 01:03:59 pm by Laramie » Logged

Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #823 on: July 17, 2020, 03:05:48 pm »

Thanks Swake for the correction; they will obtain 'naming rights' and acquisition of the bottom two floors.  If and when this occurs it will be an improvement to the skyline since the building is currently vacant--will fill some vacant space.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure the building is NOT currently vacant.  I wonder what would cause you to think that.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 03:13:16 pm by Oil Capital » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #824 on: July 17, 2020, 04:30:56 pm »

FWIW, I'm pretty sure the building is NOT currently vacant.  I wonder what would cause you to think that.

It's vacant...

My brother use to bank there, last time I went by there (May 2020) didn't see any activity to indicate that it was occupied.  

Arvest is interested in the 80,000 sq., ft lobby area that Bank of Oklahoma occupied; BOK moved across the street to BOK Park Plaza Tower.   The whole building has 212,816 sq. ft. listed by Price Edwards:  

Link: https://www.priceedwards.com/oklahoma-city-property/office/lease/arvest-tower

Oklahoma City CBD office vacancy rate is currently 21.9% according to Price Edwards reporting for calendar year ending 2019.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 05:07:34 pm by Laramie » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 60   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org