A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:48:50 pm
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 60   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "this has nothing to do with Tulsa" mega-post  (Read 367486 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #255 on: December 22, 2018, 11:33:11 am »

Indeed!

Especially those on the wrong side of the road.  Gives all you responsible riders a bad name.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #256 on: December 23, 2018, 12:13:53 pm »

I rode the Rosebud Red streetcar yesterday; there were a group of what appeared to be 5 younger adults 16-22 years of age on the downtown bird scooters, one darted right in front of the streetcar near the downtown I-HOP as it was making its turn toward the Bricktown Ballpark. Thankfully, the streetcar was fully loaded moving about 10 mph;  these rail vehicles can't stop on a dime like regular cars.   The young man laughed as he slid to the side bounced over the curb and barely escaped a date with death.

The bird scooters will be a concern once the streetcars aren't at full capacity like the one we rode yesterday (Saturday, 12-22-18) that completed the full 6.9 mile loop.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 12:50:20 pm by Laramie » Logged

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #257 on: December 24, 2018, 11:40:06 am »

Some Oklahoma City Construction updates:

Our city looks like a sea of cranes...

Monarch: among the many new structures rising in Midtown-Automobile Alley on the streetcar loop.

Broadway Park:

New critical data center for Oklahoma Gas & Electric.

Replacement for the Gold facade building below that will become the new convention center garage.

Pics via OKCTalk Oklahoma City Development Thread...

« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 12:01:53 pm by Laramie » Logged

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #258 on: December 26, 2018, 10:33:36 pm »

Oklahoma City Boulevard

Construction continues on Oklahoma City Boulevard south of the Chesapeake Energy Arena east toward Classen & Western Avenues cross Reno Avenue.

Pics via OKCTalk Forum.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 10:40:15 pm by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #259 on: December 27, 2018, 12:42:59 am »

Oklahoma City Hospitals

SAINTS SSM St. Anthonys Hospital

OUHSC  Oklahoma University Health Science Center/Children's Hospital

Stephenson Cancer Center

VA Veterans Administrations Hospital

MERCY HOSPITAL

North Hospitals

South Hospitals
INTREGIS HOSPITALS: BAPTIST, DEACONESS & SOUTHWEST MEDICAL PLAZA

« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 01:08:27 am by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #260 on: December 28, 2018, 05:01:12 pm »

OKC planned Roman Catholic Basilica & Blessed Stanley Rother Shrine.  

The Blessed Stanley Rother shrine will be built in Oklahoma City off I-35; it will house the relics of the martyr. The OKC archdiocese said it will include a 2,000-seat church, a chapel, ministry, classroom buildings, a museum & a pilgrim center.  The original goals of which is the construction of a shrine for Blessed Stanley Rother, had surpassed its original $65 million goal.  Archbishop Coakley has announced a challenge goal of $80 million given the success of the campaign.

One Church, Many Disciples:  https://archokc.org/rothershrine

Some unique selected OKC catholic churches:

Our Lady of Mount Carmel and St. Thérèse Parish (Little Flower Church)

St. Andrew Dung-Lac Catholic Church

Corpus Christi Catholic Church

St. Eugene Catholic Church

« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 07:31:06 pm by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #261 on: January 01, 2019, 12:13:08 pm »

OKC downtown development updates via OKCTalk...

« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 12:21:19 pm by Laramie » Logged

hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #262 on: January 02, 2019, 07:58:47 am »

Can this thread get moved to another part of the forum?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #263 on: January 02, 2019, 07:49:22 pm »

It's renamed OKC stuff....is there an "about OKC" topic that I have missed?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sooneralum2012
Citizen

« Reply #264 on: January 02, 2019, 09:36:36 pm »

Who cares man? I enjoy looking at what happens down the turnpike. This forum needs more posters like Laramie, who you know, actually post. It’s activity is embarrassing when compared to okctalk.
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #265 on: January 03, 2019, 07:50:50 am »

It's renamed OKC stuff....is there an "about OKC" topic that I have missed?

I don't know what you missed but this is the Tulsa Development part of the forum.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #266 on: January 03, 2019, 11:28:25 am »

I don't know what you missed but this is the Tulsa Development part of the forum.

That was sardonic.

But there are some interesting pics coming through....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #267 on: January 03, 2019, 11:56:26 am »

American Indian Cultural Center & Museum update by the Oklahoma Gazette

Construction is set to resume on the American Indian Cultural Center and Museum later this year.

A long-delayed museum will resume construction this year.
By Miguel Rios:  https://www.okgazette.com/oklahoma/center-staged/Content?oid=5406462

The total construction budget is $37 million, Wilson said. The interiors of the building have not been constructed and some of the exteriors remain unfinished, so ADG is looking for companies that can fully complete the facility.

Located at the crossroads of America, where four interstate highways intersect, the American Indian Cultural Center and Museum is expected to be a world-class facility with hundreds of thousands of visitors a year.

The building was designed nearly 20 years ago, so Pepper Henry and his team looked at the design and made changes to modernize the facility and make it more efficient.

“We took a little time to kind of refresh the interior and rearrange some things to make the user experience much better and to help us on the operational side,” he said.

Lighting systems were upgraded to LED lights, phone booths were removed and replaced with water bottle filler stations, and all major exhibits were moved to one area.

The Mezzanine Level gallery will be for changing and touring exhibitions. The first exhibition will be a 10-year loan from the Smithsonian Institution, which will essentially serve as a time capsule of 100-year-old native items.

“This will be the most important project I’ll work on in my professional career because I’m a member of one of the tribes here in Oklahoma. I’m an enrolled member of the Kaw Nation; I’m also Muscogee Creek. Every one of us that works here is an enrolled member of a tribe in Oklahoma and this means so much to us because we’re telling our story,” he said. “I’ll never have an experience like this anywhere else where this means so much personally.”

Construction on the cultural center is set to resume sometime around March.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 11:57:59 am by Laramie » Logged

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #268 on: January 03, 2019, 02:25:44 pm »

Please stop posting about OKC on a Tulsa forum.

Enough is enough.

Power is nothing till you use it.
AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #269 on: January 03, 2019, 03:18:58 pm »

If we are taking a poll, I vote that Laramie keep posting the OKC stuff in the thread now titled "OKC stuff."  I guess I don't see what the big deal is because I am not aware of any requirement to open threads, and this thread has been conveniently titled "OKC stuff," which takes about 98% of the mystery out of it.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 60   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org