A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:43:04 pm
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: prediction time...who will be the next Governor?  (Read 36778 times)
Tulsasooner78
Citizen

« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2018, 11:08:49 am »

Wow!   Catchy comeback!!  Think up all those big syllables by yourself, or did someone help you??  Trump inspiration going on there.  That's ok.  Just what one would expect from a Sooner....lol.

Thank god I only received my bachelors degree from OU.   I guess the MBA from Souhern Methodist University straightened me out.   

I did in fact mis type he 29k votes for the independent in OK County.  However, he %’s were correct.   My entire argument with you was based on my assumption that OKC is more progressive than many in Tulsa choose to believe.   In fact you stated “only the concentrated urban areas were progressive and every bit of the surrounding area is blind, stupid and extremist right wing”.   

I then argued that is a pretty ignorant assumption on your part.  You then link the politico information that I then posted.   Which was accurate except for my typo that Johnson received 10 k more votes than he did.   

My whole point was OKC is more progressive than Tulsans think.  You then shift from % of votes in each area to total number  of votes which is why you lumped the independent and republican together as the % clearly supported my claim.

Maybe this NY Times piece will enlighten you.   

https://nyti.ms/2DQcx4H

You then claim again Johnson % was incorrect and should be 10% not 7%.   You then again use Sally kern to legitimize your point.   Kern never received more than 12k in votes in a county and city with more than 700k.

It is useless trying to have a discusssion with a Tulsan that involves facts and not assumptions.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2018, 05:02:50 pm »

Thank god I only received my bachelors degree from OU.   I guess the MBA from Souhern Methodist University straightened me out.  

I did in fact mis type he 29k votes for the independent in OK County.  However, he %’s were correct.   My entire argument with you was based on my assumption that OKC is more progressive than many in Tulsa choose to believe.   In fact you stated “only the concentrated urban areas were progressive and every bit of the surrounding area is blind, stupid and extremist right wing”.  

I then argued that is a pretty ignorant assumption on your part.  You then link the politico information that I then posted.   Which was accurate except for my typo that Johnson received 10 k more votes than he did.  

My whole point was OKC is more progressive than Tulsans think.  You then shift from % of votes in each area to total number  of votes which is why you lumped the independent and republican together as the % clearly supported my claim.

Maybe this NY Times piece will enlighten you.  

https://nyti.ms/2DQcx4H

You then claim again Johnson % was incorrect and should be 10% not 7%.   You then again use Sally kern to legitimize your point.   Kern never received more than 12k in votes in a county and city with more than 700k.

It is useless trying to have a discusssion with a Tulsan that involves facts and not assumptions.

You have heard my joke about how to get the OU graduate off your front porch, haven't you??   Pay him for the pizza...

Sorry...I just couldn't help it.   I don't really dislike OU as much as I like to jab at them...it is a great school for engineering (my only direct experience).   But SMU??   Ok, I won't start - I wanted to go there...even applied and was accepted, but ended up staying around here.  (Probably a relief to you!).

Back to the fray...

In fact you stated “only the concentrated urban areas were progressive and every bit of the surrounding area is blind, stupid and extremist right wing”.

Probably the words that should have been left out were 'every bit of'.   There are not really "pockets" of progressive thought in the area, there are more balanced, thinking people spread all around, even in Moore!  The problem is kind of like gerrymandering at the voting district level - the thoughtful, well meaning people are so badly outnumbered that we end up with 60% of votes going to blind, stupid, extremist right candidates.   Sally Kern may have only gotten 17,000 votes, but she had enough to get 65%, no contest, 58%, and 66% - in her 4 elections - even with her ignorance on full display for everyone to see.  Look at district by district - that 60%-ish is more the norm than not.

And now we get Stitt....more of Failin'.

You said;
You then claim again Johnson % was incorrect and should be 10% not 7%.

If Johnson had gotten 29,000 votes (the incorrect number I started with), that would have been 10% of the total votes...

« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 05:07:04 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org