A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:49:59 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flashing Yellow Arrow  (Read 29806 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2019, 10:00:44 am »

Has been well over a year, and I have talked about how much I go to Broken Arrow, where the things are very common.  They are working well.  We (family/friends) are all liking them a lot.  Regularly get to go through a light where would be blocked otherwise.   Next to the criss-cross intersections like they put into Norman city streets over I-35 a couple of years ago, this is second best innovation in traffic control in decades.  Probably since right turn on red.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
buffalodan
Activist

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2019, 03:48:33 pm »

Has been well over a year, and I have talked about how much I go to Broken Arrow, where the things are very common.  They are working well.  We (family/friends) are all liking them a lot.  Regularly get to go through a light where would be blocked otherwise.   Next to the criss-cross intersections like they put into Norman city streets over I-35 a couple of years ago, this is second best innovation in traffic control in decades.  Probably since right turn on red.

Huh, they aren't really associated with being more efficient for intersections. It is normally associated with reducing collisions. Though I guess if people are more alert during a flashing yellow than at a solid green circle than maybe they are able to take better advantage of breaks and also get into fewer accidents?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2019, 08:53:00 pm »

Huh, they aren't really associated with being more efficient for intersections. It is normally associated with reducing collisions. Though I guess if people are more alert during a flashing yellow than at a solid green circle than maybe they are able to take better advantage of breaks and also get into fewer accidents?

Don't know if more efficient or not.  Nor the accident rates.  Just know that they 'resonate' at some level with me (and several family/friends in BA) to the point where we all like them to varying degrees - some more than others, but all positive. 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org