A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:27:38 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Office-retail development across from Utica Square at old Goldie's location  (Read 30248 times)
buffalodan
Activist

« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2020, 11:06:21 am »

I wouldn't mind if they just redid the parking around there. They spend a ton of land on drive aisles, which are horribly placed. It isn't good use of land for pedestrians, and it still isn't great for cars. I think they could redo some of the lanes and either extend the buildings or add in more pedestrian/cafe space.

I'm really upset that they redid the light onto 21st and didn't have any talks about to fix that area.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2020, 11:34:30 am »

That giant fenced off lawn where Miss Jackson’s and Petty’s were is much of the problem for me, but it also seems something else has changed.  It feels like a place just trying to hang on and ride the coat tails of its past without expending any effort or capital to adapt to the future.  If I didn’t live close by, I’m not sure I would make much effort to go there anymore.

An open greenspace would have been a logical use, but the presence of a big solid fence just screams "Hazmat," or at the least, not particularly inviting to an investor or developer.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2020, 08:47:15 am »

Following in the path of those sort of areas would be great for Utica Square, but it would be resisted pretty strongly from surrounding neighborhoods. I wonder if they could even get in one mixed use building like Cherry Creek North. It would be great for them to try though. They'd have to make it upscale like the pricey condo buildings surrounding it. It would take several of those to turn the area from outdoor shopping mall into a mini downtown.

I think that’s the direction they will eventually go just need to have the vision and start executing it.  The demographics and location within midtown will support it.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2020, 04:48:30 pm »

This buildings looks like it pretty much finished.  What are they building across the street at 21st & Xanthus?  ARK is currently tearing down the old 2 story medical office building.

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2022, 01:47:30 pm »

Not sure if there's a Utica Sq. specific thread or not...

The Wendy's next to St John's has been torn down. Not sure what the plan is.

Also, the Prosperity bank property is being torn down. It's a huge space, I'm hoping it ties into Utica Sq. more than the previous structure.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2022, 03:42:28 pm »

Also, the Prosperity bank property is being torn down. It's a huge space, I'm hoping it ties into Utica Sq. more than the previous structure.

Wendy’s is rebuilding.  The concept will be similar to the one recently built on 31st.

I haven’t seen a rendering of the Prosperity Bank but know this will be their Tulsa flagship. 

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2022, 05:05:40 pm »

That was quick.  Drove by there Wed and it didn't even have any equipment sitting around...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Jacobei
Citizen

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2022, 06:55:50 am »

That was quick.  Drove by there Wed and it didn't even have any equipment sitting around...

It made me laugh to see that the sign is still up and says "Closed for renovations" and it's just a flattened lot.

It's sort of curious to me that given the price of real estate there and the general trend towards multi-story on that block, they are going to the effort of rebuilding. Dave Thomas must have deep pockets.

(Yes I'm aware they are franchises and that Dave is no longer with us)
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2022, 08:47:47 am »

It made me laugh to see that the sign is still up and says "Closed for renovations" and it's just a flattened lot.

It's sort of curious to me that given the price of real estate there and the general trend towards multi-story on that block, they are going to the effort of rebuilding. Dave Thomas must have deep pockets.

(Yes I'm aware they are franchises and that Dave is no longer with us)

That franchiser definitely has deep pockets. It's a company called Cotti Foods based in CA. They bought that location and 37 other Wendy's in OK, KS and TX about 5 years ago. It looks like they own all 8 Wendy's in Tulsa however I'm not sure if they got all or just some of them in the 2017 purchase as there are different original owners listed on some of them. While it did and will still look out of place architecturally in that area, no doubt that Wendy's is a cash-cow just from St. John's employees - probably much more lucrative than just selling the land which really isn't worth much comparatively.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org