A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:01:48 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Goldies Patio Grill Utica Square  (Read 29208 times)
Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2018, 12:18:10 pm »

The thread kinda drifted to the Linda-Mar Drive In on West 51st and that is the only place I know of that plays a continuous loop of Andy Griffith in the dining room.  As far as Ike's Chili, the only one I've been to is the one on 11th Street just west of El Rancho Grande.

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2018, 12:35:06 pm »

Yeah, but if you're referring to the old Ike's Chili location they moved yet again, to the old Taco Mayo about a mile east over by Guitar House of Tulsa.  I haven't tried that location yet but did the old Ike's Chili location.

If you're not talking about that location....well....nevermind.  Smiley

I thought Ikes left Admiral in 2013.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2018, 01:53:03 pm »

The thread kinda drifted to the Linda-Mar Drive In on West 51st and that is the only place I know of that plays a continuous loop of Andy Griffith in the dining room.  As far as Ike's Chili, the only one I've been to is the one on 11th Street just west of El Rancho Grande.

That's their new location (moved from Admiral).

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2018, 01:53:31 pm »

I thought Ikes left Admiral in 2013.

It did.  Linda Mar moved into that space and then moved again last year.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2018, 03:45:15 pm »

The Utica Square-area Goldies / IHOP location was assimilated by The John, my spies tell me.  It will join the vacant lot behind it.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2018, 06:40:29 pm »

The Utica Square-area Goldies / IHOP location was assimilated by The John, my spies tell me.  It will join the vacant lot behind it.

Perhaps that is where the rumor started about SJMC purchasing Utica Square.  Someone overheard "Goldie's Utica Square" and ran with it.  To my knowledge that is the first closing of a Goldie's I can remember and they've been around for at least 50 years.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2018, 07:46:30 pm »

Perhaps that is where the rumor started about SJMC purchasing Utica Square.  Someone overheard "Goldie's Utica Square" and ran with it.  To my knowledge that is the first closing of a Goldie's I can remember and they've been around for at least 50 years.

Nah, there was a Goldie's at 41st and Memorial just across from the Caravan that closed.  I know because I frequented that location when I was the opener at Cost Warehouse in the early 90s.  Not sure when it closed but it was sometime in the late 90s.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2018, 08:35:27 pm »

Nah, there was a Goldie's at 41st and Memorial just across from the Caravan that closed.  I know because I frequented that location when I was the opener at Cost Warehouse in the early 90s.  Not sure when it closed but it was sometime in the late 90s.

No idea that even existed.  I suppose I did know at some point but...you know...age.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2018, 10:38:12 pm »

No idea that even existed.  I suppose I did know at some point but...you know...age.

It was a lot smaller than the typical Goldie's.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2018, 11:53:56 pm »

I found this in a FB group dedicated to old Tulsa relics.  A matchbook from Goldie's.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2018, 08:59:39 am »

I found this in a FB group dedicated to old Tulsa relics.  A matchbook from Goldie's.

Interesting.  I don't remember one being further out on 31st out near Mingo.  The one between Harvard and Yale is still around, at least it was last time we were in Tulsa.

Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2018, 09:39:09 am »

Perhaps that is where the rumor started about SJMC purchasing Utica Square.  Someone overheard "Goldie's Utica Square" and ran with it.  To my knowledge that is the first closing of a Goldie's I can remember and they've been around for at least 50 years.

In addition to the 41st and Memorial location mentioned by Hoss, Goldie's has also closed locations in Claremore, Oklahoma City (franchise) and downtown Tulsa (5th street).
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 09:43:40 am by Oil Capital » Logged

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2018, 10:01:48 am »

Interesting.  I don't remember one being further out on 31st out near Mingo.  The one between Harvard and Yale is still around, at least it was last time we were in Tulsa.

I remember one being at 21st and Garnett (just south of the BK) for a while as I went to that one a couple of times.  I remember meeting one of the forum regulars there (might have been GH).

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2018, 10:47:55 am »

I now remember the one at Briar Village, both my mom and I worked at the Froug's store there in the late 70's. 21st & Garnett I remember more than the one on 41st and Memorial.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2018, 01:38:19 pm »

We have a partial answer on why it closed. It is turning into a mixed-use development:

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=21653.0

I now wonder if it will reopen or if that is that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org