A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:08:14 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bird and Bottle  (Read 20707 times)
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2018, 11:19:27 am »

Interesting thread drift happening here. 

Yep. On the topic of Bird and Bottle, my wife and I went after seeing this review. The food was delicious and place looked good. Was a nice experience. Good eclectic selection of beers and a great martini special. We will be back. I hope it lasts.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2018, 12:59:49 pm »

I wonder if they'll last that long. CostCo seems to have put a lot of pressure on them and they had a lot of closings recently. They'll have to adjust and get more cost competitive.

They are all in separate parts of town. I don't care to spend the time to drive to Costco. If they open up a Costco near me I would probably switch.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 08:13:21 pm »

Interesting thread drift happening here. 

We are already there, so in a time-honored TNF tradition (seem to recall this beer on tap so it's not really drift now):

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
joiei
City Father

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2018, 10:31:49 am »

We are already there, so in a time-honored TNF tradition (seem to recall this beer on tap so it's not really drift now):

Haven't tried the pils yet.  I need to get up to the taproom. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2018, 11:10:03 am »

Haven't tried the pils yet.  I need to get up to the taproom.  

It's a bit of a marketing trick, unfortunately. They did create a small-batch taproom/draft-only "Volks Pils" several years back and it was very well received (awesome beer!). They decided to keep the name only and rebrand the Old Pavilion Pilsner:

Marshall has also renamed it’s Old Pavilion, a North German-style pilsner, to Volks Pils, which means the “people’s pils.” Volks Pils was inspired by brewmaster Marshall’s time as an apprentice brewer in Germany.

It is the same beer as Old Pavilion just with a different image and a different name,” Marshall said.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/scene/whattheale/what-the-ale-marshall-brewing-updates-their-packaging-bottles-dunkel/article_d53df469-f1f3-5fc2-8a6c-9d0751e5195d.html

I wish they would've switched the recipe to the small batch version also. It was very delicious. But the new name/label is much better.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2018, 11:12:30 am »

They are all in separate parts of town. I don't care to spend the time to drive to Costco. If they open up a Costco near me I would probably switch.

We had a membership and went there and stocked up on so much supplies, we still have a lot of it even though we haven't been back in 8 months or so! The prices really are awesome as long as you spend a lot to make each trip worth it (and of course actually use up everything).
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2018, 01:43:19 pm »

We had a membership and went there and stocked up on so much supplies, we still have a lot of it even though we haven't been back in 8 months or so! The prices really are awesome as long as you spend a lot to make each trip worth it (and of course actually use up everything).

I have to avoid them in 6 month gaps...tend to spend several hundred every time we go...!  Lasts a long time, but geez...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org